Page 1098 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 98598998104810881096109710981099110011081148119815982098 ... LastLast
Results 10,971 to 10,980 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Female Masturbatory Aid
    That's how I interpreted this. It's not the" End", but more of a teaser. I presume there are many, many more things to come along. This was just a Mueller chess move for DJT to suss out his reaction (which was wholly predictable).

The fact that "this" indictment mentions "persons known and unknown to the grand jury", leads me to believe the shit is still gaining momentum downhill.

Since it didn't specifically call out "collusion", he (and Fox) started the predictable rah-rah that it exonerates Trump.

Because people are fucking stupid.

I'm also guessing this release was in direct response to the "Nunes" turd last week.

This is far from over.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    How this shitstorm not Makes American Ineffectual Again is beyond me.

The investigator has been cornered into the impossible task of having to present a robust case for offenses than make impeachment not only viable but politically innocuous to both parties, he won't deliver that and the ensuing defense/blame defection leads to a deeper constitutional crisis. This all stems from the unchecked powers of lobbying, ethical and otherwise, having gone way too deep into the branches of government.
    acket.

I think the crux of it is money in politics, and how it has been regulated in the U.S.

Sure, DJT as a businessman has been a money laundering agent for illegal entities but since becoming a campaigning politician he's been receiving legal monies from lobbying groups that operate in grey areas of campaign finance, so a lot of the opposition to Mueller's fact finding mission comes from people who might no be doing illegal things but are certainly in the ethical tight rope.

Are the DeVos' criminals? That depends on how a judge interprets the facts that will hopefully be presented.

This whole mess could have been avoided if campaign finance reform had been found to be a conflict of interests for the legislative and a compromise had been reached between the other parts of the republic.
    acket.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    The Devos's may/may not be criminals, but they're certainly huge pieces of shit.

Money is the number one problem with our "system". I'm not sure how pay to play is "Democracy" (hint, it's not).

Until someone is able to limit campaign length, and more importantly, funding, this shit will just keep going on forever.

2 months, $500,000.

No lobbies, no superpacs, none of that fucking shit. Most of the people that run, have money. If they truly want to run, they can do it with either their own money or fuck off.

If only the rich with their own money can run, how will that prevent the next trump?

Hopefully in the after math, we can once and for all define what 'meddling' really is so that we can not only prevent Russians from doing it, but all unethical folks as well.

For now, I'm pretty disappointed by mueller...

I see that Trump is blaming the FBI for letting the Florida shooting happen. Apparently "They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign"

Administrator
    Hey, those 17 people killed weren't the victims, he is.

Well, it's not like the FBI is a national organization with 35k employees capable of focusing on more than one thing.

Trump/Republicans don't care about that. The message will be yet another way to delegitimize the FBI and the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hey, those 17 people killed weren't the victims, he is.
    Teenagers.
    acket.