Page 1568 of 1571 FirstFirst ... 568106814681518155815661567156815691570 ... LastLast
Results 15,671 to 15,680 of 15710

Thread: Politics

  1. #15671

  2. #15672
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,927
    I wonder where the "amendment king" was as they were hammering out this bill.

    I see Berner's claiming he's the one who got the poor and middle class compensated in that bill, but they don't seem to realise that was always in the Congress' bill, which Uncle Grandpa had nothing to do with.

    Oh, wait, he was doing a fireside chat.

  3. #15673
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,927
    This ad by the Biden campaign is pure fire.
    https://twitter.com/chrislongview/st...721210368?s=19

  4. #15674
    What does the Bat say? Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,582
    The fact that it passed in such resounding numbers gives me a little faith in the bill. Hopefully it does the job in keeping every day Americans afloat while everything is shut down. I don't care if it's expanded unemployment, or stimulus checks, as long as people can feed and house themselves while out of work during this period.

  5. #15675
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,399
    Impressive bipartisanship! Wonder if that's a senate record?

    No senator voted no. Not even Sanders! The 4 who didn't vote only because they were quarantined...

    So it should go thru the House quickly.

  6. #15676
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The fact that it passed in such resounding numbers gives me a little faith in the bill. Hopefully it does the job in keeping every day Americans afloat while everything is shut down. I don't care if it's expanded unemployment, or stimulus checks, as long as people can feed and house themselves while out of work during this period.
    It needed to be more than 1 single payment though. What's that gonna do for the average family; pay mortgage for a month? How about next month? The car note? Etc.

    I'm glad the unemployment insurance payment went up by $600 a week (month?) though.
    Last edited by neanderthal; March 25th, 2020 at 10:29 PM.

  7. #15677
    Female Masturbatory Aid
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JAX
    Posts
    2,016
    THen you have dickbags like Graham, protesting because some people would make more than when they were actually working.

    IT'S A (ridiculous) ONE TIME PAYMENT.

    Fuck off.

  8. #15678
    Dead Brand Ambassador dodint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    'Trep
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    THen you have dickbags like Graham, protesting because some people would make more than when they were actually working.

    IT'S A (ridiculous) ONE TIME PAYMENT.

    Fuck off.
    The opposition was to the additional $600/wk unemployment insurance. They wanted the $600 capped at whatever the individual was making before the layoff. If the unemployment was higher than employment wages it would trigger unnecessary layoffs across all sectors and make the economy harder to jump start later.

    It's objectively fair that you are compensated at the rate of which you earned. The legislative intent for that portion of the bill was to "ensure that laid-off workers, on average, will receive their full pay for four months."

    They're shitheels, but they were acting fairly in this instance.

    Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...fting-n1168766

  9. #15679
    What does the Bat say? Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    It needed to be more than 1 single payment though. What's that gonna do for the average family; pay mortgage for a month? How about next month? The car note? Etc.

    I'm glad the unemployment insurance payment went up by $600 a week (month?) though.
    That’s where enhanced unemployment comes in. I think the idea is this $1200 check keeps people afloat while they wait in line to get approved for unemployment. And unemployment is $600 extra per week for the next 4 months, I believe.

    Also of note, if you’re a gig worker, part time worker, etc, you now qualify for unemployment.

  10. #15680
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    THen you have dickbags like Graham, protesting because some people would make more than when they were actually working.

    IT'S A (ridiculous) ONE TIME PAYMENT.

    Fuck off.
    Republicans need to be routed in this next election cycle. I really hope they lose, and lose big especially in those states and counties where they have always had a stronghold.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •