Page 1513 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 5131013141314631503151115121513151415151523156316132013 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,130 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Putin has succeeded!

Now if we have a Russian asset match up in the general election, I wonder which would Russia pick to help? Hope US intelligence can finally find a way to stop the meddling, rather than just tell us which ones Russia’s supporting...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Sanders is being projected to win Nevada.

Biden and Buttigieg are fighting it out for 2nd/3rd. Warren looks to be 4th.
    I read that one interesting thing was which precincts he had won, as it told the story of workers defying their union leaders' instructions.
    acket.

Yep, union leaders losing touch with the union workers exemplified how the Democratic Party(establishment) lost touch with the people they’re supposed to represent.

Yes, maybe Russia has brain washed the American working class, but since we are a democracy, may the will of the people prevail.

Bernie is NOT going to bring down ballot races home. And I don't trust "progressives" to do so either.

Trump tweeting "Crazy Bernie doing well in Nevada. Biden and the rest look weak ..." shows very clearly who he wants to go up against.

And before you start giving me shit, we "democratic establishment" are the ones who wrought big changes in this country; social security, medicare, medicaid, ACA, voting rights, assault weapons ban,violence against women act, DACA, Lily Ledbetter etc.

Bernie himself tweeting "I've got news for the Republican establishment. I've got news for the Democratic establishment. They can't stop us." is him saying he don't need my vote. It's him saying we are outside his circle. He's saying us "progressives" and progressives versus errbody else. Like I said earlier, the senate races at play in this race are in moderate and red states.

I've been telling y'all Bernie cannot unite, or lead. That tweet is aimed right at those in the corridors of power, legislators who he'll need to to pass legislation, and those that support them. The tweet clearly says "fuck all y'all, i on' need you."

Similar could be argued that moderates don't court progressives either. It's primary season, this is how it goes. We've seen it before

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Similar could be argued that moderates don't court progressives either. It's primary season, this is how it goes. We've seen it before
    It worries me because this election *should be* a slam dunk. And we already eliminated, IMO, the best two candidates, Kamala and Julian. Neither of whom was exclusionary. And both of whom would have appealed to moderate republican voters.

Neanderthal, one thing you have to understand is that a person or organization could become corrupted; therefore, needs to be reformed. As power and wealth accumulate, unions, political party, even the church could be corrupted. Churches have done some evil shit due to corruption but that doesn’t mean we have to completely overthrow it and completely disregard all the good it has done.

Likewise, the Democratic Party isn’t all bad. Me voting for a progressive is not meant to destroy the party but hopefully reform it. Union leaders ought to be more representative of its worker. Do you really think it’s right for the union leaders to reject Medicare for all yet union workers overwhelmingly wants it? Likewise, if the Democratic Party has been fully with the average American people, thered be no need for Bernie Sanders, let alone Trump. There’s be no BLM movement. Hillary would’ve been re-elected easily in 2020.

Of course in such a world, Wall Street bankers would be making a bit less money and Jeff Bezo would make few billion less than he is now... Apple wouldn’t be parking billions in off shore shell companies to avoid taxes... anyway, my point is, we need a course correction, not a complete destruction of the Democratic Party.

But if you guys want a fight to the death and weaken ourselves and then allow Trump to win, I think the progressives are ready for such a fight.

We can’t win against Trump without fixing the dem establishment 1st.

It is kinda ironic that it’s the corporate friendly republicans who are the ones pretending to listen to the average workers needs in order to win votes...

Whereas the pragmatic corporate centrists is still pandering to wall st for money and tell the American people that we can’t afford this and we can’t afford that... your private health insurance is pretty good already... let not go for Medicare for all. We just can’t afford that!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 23rd, 2020 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    It worries me because this election *should be* a slam dunk. And we already eliminated, IMO, the best two candidates, Kamala and Julian. Neither of whom was exclusionary. And both of whom would have appealed to moderate republican voters.
    They were both fantastic candidates, I agree. I especially liked Castro. Still think Harris would be an amazing AG, though.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    She could be. If they would band together and pick one person or the candidate, and have the rest of them be key cabinet positions...

This tweet says it all about a certain ... popular politicians crossover popularity.