Page 692 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 19259264268269069169269369470274279211921692 ... LastLast
Results 6,911 to 6,920 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well, supposedly one of the greatest things about American democracy is that it's resistance to tyrannical overlords is legendary. We now get to put that to the test.

I hope that my feelings of doom and gloom are akin to people being afraid that Obama was going to come and take their guns. That my fears are overblown, that I'm influenced by the media I consume. I hope it turns out he's actually a good president. Stranger things have happened.

But what I really hope is that he's still the democrat he was a few years ago and has duped the fuck out of everyone.
    I'm still kinda hoping he Rick rolls everyone.

His complete step back on his prior comments about islams is a start. He had talked about having all of them registered. It's not even on his website now. Makes a person wonder.

"Immigration marketing manager Greg Forsythe said during the 24 hours to 9am the Immigration New Zealand (INZ) website received 56,300 visits from the United States – compared to a usual daily average of 2300 visits. That's an increase of 54,000 visits.

In the same 24-hour period the New Zealand Now website - which contains information about living, working, studying and investing in New Zealand - received 70,500 visits from the United States compared to a usual daily average of 1,500 visits, Forsythe said."

They're managing him into "Presidential material" and going to continually impress upon him and extol the Republican agenda.

Woe is us.

For the past year or so all I've been hearing over my support of a 3rd Party candidate was, "Do you WANT Hillary to be President?? Because voting 3rd Party is how you get Hillary as President".

Now that it's over, Hillary supporters are blaming 3rd Party voters for getting TRUMP elected. Make up your fucking minds.

In an election, no matter who loses, it's always nobody's fault but their own.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I have no idea how this is going to play out....it seems to me that Trump has always been about one thing and one thing only....himself.

I also don't see him as a GOP candidate as much as a protest candidate in a way to use the anger on the GOP side to his advantage and it has worked beyond his greatest expectations.

I feel like all we can hope for now is more stagnation in congress but that is just domestically.

I seriously have no idea (and I don't believe he does either) about what specific plans he has for the country.

The other scary part is even if something somehow happens to him, due to ill health or something, his vice president is just as looney!

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I have no idea how this is going to play out....it seems to me that Trump has always been about one thing and one thing only....himself.

I also don't see him as a GOP candidate as much as a protest candidate in a way to use the anger on the GOP side to his advantage and it has worked beyond his greatest expectations.

I feel like all we can hope for now is more stagnation in congress but that is just domestically.

I seriously have no idea (and I don't believe he does either) about what specific plans he has for the country.

The other scary part is even if something somehow happens to him, due to ill health or something, his vice president is just as looney!
    I can't wait for the 'fund research into a gay cure' bill to go before congress. The sad thing is there are some religious nut jobs in there so it will likely get dozens of votes.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    There were a lot of reported hate crimes here in the days and weeks after the Brexit vote.

It's not exactly the same thing, so I hope that doesn't happen in the US, but it seems like a risk unfortunately.

Part of me is fascinated to discover what Trump will actually *do* as president, given how vacuous and vague his "policies" have been to date.
    There have already been sightings of KKK celebrating, swastikas painted on buildings, and kids being told that they are going to get deported by fellow classmates.

I wondering if I should even bother paying taxes now, since apparently that's the smart thing to do. :/

Apparently he's already changed his stance on abortion, which is good. Although it's 1/2 the reason christians probably voted for him. What, he lied? OMG, who would have seen that coming. LOL. The other 1/2 is his anti-LGBT position, which I'm sure he'll change as well. He used to support marriage equality. I'm sure he just lied to them to get their vote.

He's probably been the least christian candidate ever. Just goes to show how close most of them hold their values.

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    For the past year or so all I've been hearing over my support of a 3rd Party candidate was, "Do you WANT Hillary to be President?? Because voting 3rd Party is how you get Hillary as President".

Now that it's over, Hillary supporters are blaming 3rd Party voters for getting TRUMP elected. Make up your fucking minds.

In an election, no matter who loses, it's always nobody's fault but their own.
    Where did you hear that? I have only ever heard a vote for a third party is a vote for Trump.

From what I've seen, Democrat turnout was way down compared to Obama. It amazes me how blinkered and plain ignorant the DNC have been/were. Did they honestly think that anyone could defeat 'The Donald' regardless of how vilified she was by some members of their own party? Party members, rather than voting for her or The Donald, simply didn't vote.

I wonder who, if anyone in the DNC will take the blame, because by the looks and sounds of it, they're going to have a very rough time of it for two years at least.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    "Immigration marketing manager Greg Forsythe said during the 24 hours to 9am the Immigration New Zealand (INZ) website received 56,300 visits from the United States – compared to a usual daily average of 2300 visits. That's an increase of 54,000 visits.

In the same 24-hour period the New Zealand Now website - which contains information about living, working, studying and investing in New Zealand - received 70,500 visits from the United States compared to a usual daily average of 1,500 visits, Forsythe said."