Page 1826 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 8261326172617761816182418251826182718281836187619262326 ... LastLast
Results 18,251 to 18,260 of 24733

Thread: Politics

It. was. never. Speaker. Pelosi.

(We need the hands clapping emoji too!)

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/stat...625164292?s=19

Fuck Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndMoparMan View Post
    Fuck Republicans.
    With a rusty running chainsaw!

I guess it was never that bipartisan? Wonder what Mitch is holding out for? Might as well shutdown the useless government too to reduce our deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Marsha Blackburn totally sucks. It's just that that sentence sounded like it was spoken by an NPC in low-budget Steam game where your goal is to MAGA by eliminating snowflakes.
    I am not familiar with the usage context you're talking about, but anyway that's why I added context from the article. Much depends on what the 2 guys said. If (which is a reasonable assumption based on the report) they had said "Are you really offended about her? You should be protesting about Beijing's actions instead!!!" then it is entirely credible that the natural response would be "We are offended".

Did you think there might have been shenanigans in the elections?
    I did.
    How did people vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris at the top, but vote GOP down ballot?

Someone has peeled back a layer.

https://twitter.com/GrassrootsSpeak/...050153984?s=19

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    How did people vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris at the top, but vote GOP down ballot?
    Differentiated voting? People tend to stand on issues and then vote for the person who they think is going to stand with them and represent them on that issue. Let's be honest here, Biden is a 1970s republican, plenty of older people could see that and think: "why bother with all the drama?, this guy's pretty much the same as the other one!".

Also the percentage points of differing up and down ballots are pretty much in line with normal differentiating strategies, it's what, 2%?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Differentiated voting? People tend to stand on issues and then vote for the person who they think is going to stand with them and represent them on that issue. Let's be honest here, Biden is a 1970s republican, plenty of older people could see that and think: "why bother with all the drama?, this guy's pretty much the same as the other one!".

Also the percentage points of differing up and down ballots are pretty much in line with normal differentiating strategies, it's what, 2%?
    Don't just pick something I wrote and fixate on that being your bone of contention. Read the tweet. See the charts and figures posted.

This year's election has been really weird. Polls were predicting higher percentages for Biden...

So either people were shameful about answering the polls to vote for Trump, or perhaps republicans did cheat. They probably just underestimated the number of mail-in ballots that came in later for Biden... if it weren't for Biden's new record... # of Trump votes broke all previous records too. So republicans didn't want to make things look too unrealistic so they pumped what they thought would be enough votes for Trump to win?

Also, Mitch had way more absentee votes than Amy too. How is that possible? Patriotic republicans would never vote by mail!

Hope somebody starts an investigation in Kentucky.

Sigh, at least Kentucky still has fried chicken that I like...

Wonder how proud Kentuckyans are of their senator Mitch. I believe the major contention he had with the latest stimulus bill was he doesn't want to give money to state and local governments. Hope it's because he wants to give money directly to Americans?

If not, then after the nation collapsed, maybe that'll cure our deficit troubles...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 11th, 2020 at 07:33 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Read the tweet.
    I'd rather not, seems like a dodgy account. Doesn't cite sources and generally looks like the sort of person who "does her own research".
    acket.