Page 907 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 407807857897905906907908909917957100714071907 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,070 of 24780

Thread: Politics

I'm about as anti gun as they get, and even I know that 'banning guns' wouldn't do shit in this country.

- Way too many guns on the street, so everyone would have them still, just illegally
    - Like you said, we'd still find other ways to kill each other
    - We still have the systemic issues from lack of healthcare and economic desperation
    - We still have a for profit prison system that prefers an inmate return over rehabilitating them and giving them the foundation to be a productive member of society
    - Education is largely tied to home values, which means those in poorer areas have less education and less options to stay out of trouble

And this is just the top of the shit-berg. We have major cultural, societal, and political changes to make before we 'stop the violence'. Also, it's fucking embarrassing that *this* attack is what is getting people talking again, yet we've ignored something like 150 mass shootings this year alone.

FWIW i feel some of the healthcare issues are similar to the prison system one. For example my mothers type 2 could be easily controlled with diet alone but none of the doctors have recommended it or even suggested an attempt at it. they just prescribe pills like metformin and similar.

A lot of the issues tie back into personal responsibility, or at least appear to.

There is a LOT of dumbassery that takes place on all fronts when it comes to life in the US. The KKK is still around, you've got AntiFa using violence. You've got some people that cry racism or cultural appropriation over what seem to be stupid shit like the burrito shop that got forced to close recently. They're fucking burritos, why not go after Taco Bell or Chipolte? You've got idiots boycotting Wonder Woman for all sorts of reasons ranging from Gal Gadot being Israeli to omg this theater had a womens only showing.

I don't know how to fix it, maybe this is just how countries/empires/whathaveyou fall apart and end?

You say personal responsibility, I say unfettered capitalism. The reason doctors push drugs so often is because that's what they get paid to do by pharma. The reason prisons don't provide a foundation for re-entry into society, is because it's profitable to get the inmate back.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    And yes, I am extrapolating one year of parenting into running a country.
    Wait what? You're a papa now, TSG?? #congrats??

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Wait what? You're a papa now, TSG?? #congrats??
    Hells no. I was to a teenager through most of '03 and '04, some of '05. Her mom was very into taking things away. It didn't work on me, and it didn't work on Sophia. Why anyone could ever think it'd work on a country full of adults is beyond me.

I would do it again, but I'm not willing to endure baby. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    You say personal responsibility, I say unfettered capitalism. The reason doctors push drugs so often is because that's what they get paid to do by pharma. The reason prisons don't provide a foundation for re-entry into society, is because it's profitable to get the inmate back.
    Yep, I would agree with this. But I can't get 5 people to agree on lunch. No idea how you get 500,000,000 people to agree on a standard of living.

Unfettered capitalism is pretty much the same as unfettered personal responsibility. Same difference.

So we can narrow this down to 'unfettered' or having no self control or cancer. Yes, empires fall and patients die because of this.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    y0 dawg, I put a lawyer on your lawyer, so you can defend while you defend!

@KatyTurNBC

Exclusive: Trump personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, has hired his own counsel: Stephen Ryan, of McDermott, Will & Emery.- source w knowledge

M: I got 6 stock brokers, 14 doctors, 2 lawyers, 17 accountants and 8 other lawyers to watch the first 2 lawyers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Agreed.

I was going to respond to the "People gonna kill anyway" posts. But, didn't want to start another gun discussion. So, I'll just say I disagree.

Yep, I would agree with this. But I can't get 5 people to agree on lunch. No idea how you get 500,000,000 people to agree on a standard of living.
    I think part of the problem is how apathetic most people are. They give zero shits about anyone but themselves.