Page 1398 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 3988981298134813881396139713981399140014081448149818982398 ... LastLast
Results 13,971 to 13,980 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    impeachment.
    Lest I forget, I'll let you know that I wouda done sweet, sweet badassss things to miss Nancy D'Alessandro. God was kind to her.
    acket.

Administrator
    At least one dude in a MAGA hat, maybe two, spray bear spray into a group of anti-Trump protesters on the Santa Monica pier, a few blocks from my work. Good times.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-trump-protest

Election Day here in Canada tomorrow.

I’m generally a Conservative voter, but not this time. Andrew Scheer is a closet KKK member, and I can’t contribute to putting him into office.

Justin Trudeau is an idiot and major fuckup, but he’s the only good choice. Can’t remember the last time I voted Liberal, so it’ll be weird casting that ballot. Go with the devil you know, I say.

Then there’s always the third option, the far far left NDP, led by Jagmeet Singh. He really has no chance of winning. I don’t think Canada is ready for a brown guy with a big beard and big ass turban as its leader. Still, part of me is rooting for him to pull off a miracle and become our next Prime Minister. The hilarity and entertainment value to ensue would be second to none. It’d be nothing short of awesome to see white people lose their shit and start a mass emigration back to Europe.

Part of me wanted to see Singh do well. The other part wanted to stop Sheer. I don't think Trudeau is as bad as you say he is. *shrug* I mailed in my vote weeks ago.

Hillary Clinton mentions that maybe, perhaps, it's possible that one of the candidates running is an asset of the Russians, hoping to parlay their run into a third party candidacy, to ensure a Trump victory ( no names mentioned ) and Tulsi Gabbard responds by basically saying "how dare you call me a Russian asset?" while not actually denying the allegation ...

Nobody else says anything one way or the other.

As the saying goes, a hit dog will holla
    Last edited by neanderthal; October 20th, 2019 at 09:49 PM.

China accuses West of double standards over Hong Kong protests

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...-kong-protests

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    China accuses West of double standards over Hong Kong protests

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...-kong-protests
    For sure people can be hypocrites.

What's happening in the West is caused by their own failed policies. Police violence may contain the situation temporarily, sooner or later, people up top either need to change or expect a revolution coming.

If China can managed to keep the economy growing and feeds most Chinese, the regime may continue to last for a while. Otherwise, it's only a matter of time another Hong Kong will rise up... or another dictator will rise up to take Xi's place. Chinese history has repeated for thousands of years.

When time comes for unhappy Americans to start another revolution, at least we don't need foreign assistance for arms.

Anyway, point is governments need to keep its people happy. Having the police or army beating up people without negotiating at all will always end up badly... whatever standards you apply.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Hillary Clinton mentions that maybe, perhaps, it's possible that one of the candidates running is an asset of the Russians, hoping to parlay their run into a third party candidacy, to ensure a Trump victory ( no names mentioned ) and Tulsi Gabbard responds by basically saying "how dare you call me a Russian asset?" while not actually denying the allegation ...

Nobody else says anything one way or the other.

As the saying goes, a hit dog will holla
    With the exception of Trump, I kinda like all of our cute little russian spy candidates so far! Especially Tulsi! Look at how cute she is!?!?!? Don't get me wrong, I also like the stuffs that she said..., but if only her policies were totally inline with Andrew Yangs, I think she has my vote for sure!!! I think Andrew's charisma is lacking a bit compared to Tulsi's... can't quite put my finger on it... but Tulsi has a much more seasoned stage presence than Andrew...

Anyway, post Iowa debate, I'm kinda surprised Mayor Pete's #s surged and all former frontrunners slipped... it's gonna be interesting which russian spy wins.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 21st, 2019 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Election Day here in Canada tomorrow.

I’m generally a Conservative voter, but not this time. Andrew Scheer is a closet KKK member, and I can’t contribute to putting him into office.

Justin Trudeau is an idiot and major fuckup, but he’s the only good choice. Can’t remember the last time I voted Liberal, so it’ll be weird casting that ballot. Go with the devil you know, I say.

Then there’s always the third option, the far far left NDP, led by Jagmeet Singh. He really has no chance of winning. I don’t think Canada is ready for a brown guy with a big beard and big ass turban as its leader. Still, part of me is rooting for him to pull off a miracle and become our next Prime Minister. The hilarity and entertainment value to ensue would be second to none. It’d be nothing short of awesome to see white people lose their shit and start a mass emigration back to Europe.
    Don't really keep up with Canadian politics much... didn't realize you guys are as bad as we are!

Hope your next election cycle will be as interesting and with more options as ours!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Part of me wanted to see Singh do well. The other part wanted to stop Sheer. I don't think Trudeau is as bad as you say he is. *shrug* I mailed in my vote weeks ago.
    Actually Trudeau is pretty bad. Incompetent is the right word. Scandal after scandal, plus he screwed a 17-year-old girl, plus blackface (the least of his egregious behavior, IMO). But overall he's the lesser of all evils. Scheer is just no. Can't have a guy in office who has far right supporters who he refuses to admonish for fear of losing their vote. Singh is a dreamer and NDP policy generally disagrees with me. I figure the last four years with Trudeau weren't particularly that bad for me, so I'm voting for the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Don't really keep up with Canadian politics much... didn't realize you guys are as bad as we are!

Hope your next election cycle will be as interesting and with more options as ours!
    Canadian politics is usually pretty boring compared to the US, but lately it's gotten interesting with the Trump Effect bleeding north of the border. Too many wacky and closet racists coming out of the woodwork. It'll be an uneasy time for nonwhites if Andrew Scheer gets elected. Fingers crossed that's not the case tonight.