Page 732 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 23263268272273073173273373474278283212321732 ... LastLast
Results 7,311 to 7,320 of 24779

Thread: Politics

What is the distinction? They get a marriage license and get married. Just like everything else.

Not saying people don't see it... But, you don't say Asian people get Asian married. (I hope)

Who's gonna be in the House'a Representin'?

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Not saying people don't see it... But, you don't say Asian people get Asian married. (I hope)
    Because it's not up for a debate questioning it's legality. I don't say people get "gay married", I say they get married. But in a discussion of a specific type of marriage, yes, I will use a descriptor to specify. Mixed race marriage, mixed religion marriage, gay marriage, whatever. I could break it down as "a marriage between gay people" but it is effectively the same. If I thought it was offensive to say "gay marriage" instead of "marriage between gay people" I would use the latter exclusively, but I don't think it is.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Unnecessary political correctness. Taking offense of something that's not offensive and not meant to be offensive. However, if simple words like sad or great is enough to trigger anger, I can understand why gay might be inappropriate. Out of consideration for him, in case others quote me, I'll specify as marriage of same sex couple for him.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The head of the union at Carrier criticized Trump, saying he lied about how many jobs were staying here, etc etc.

The President Elect is now going on Twitter and using it to insult private citizens who criticize him.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...60011904614408
    “So I take it with a grain of salt and I don’t put a lot of faith in that, and I’m not concerned about it and I’m not getting anybody involved. I can deal with people that make stupid statements and move on.”

- Mr. Jones
    acket.

I didn't mean you Keith. I know what you meant.

I was referring to the person who voted against their right marry, that was quoted in your post.

I doubt he meant the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    “So I take it with a grain of salt and I don’t put a lot of faith in that, and I’m not concerned about it and I’m not getting anybody involved. I can deal with people that make stupid statements and move on.”

- Mr. Jones
    Heh, unlike our president-elect.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    I didn't mean you Keith. I know what you meant.

I was referring to the person who voted against their right marry, that was quoted in your post.

I doubt he meant the same thing.
    Once again the same "Jason syndrome" happens.

If religion has nothing to do with it, then I must suck very bad at writing or some of you must be very bad with reading comprehension... or probably combination of a bit of everything.

Still, it's amazing how people can just make a snap wrong judgement of somebody else. Whether it's a white cop on black suspects, or Jason and 21kid on Billi.

Anyway, I don't really want to make everything about Billi, I really couldn't care less what some of you guys think, but the thing is that can you guys imagine what kind of misunderstandings you might have for other genuine conservatives? (I really don't consider myself as conservative) The 2 sides are just bickering about their imaginary political opposition without any attempt to try to truly understand what the other side is thinking at all. It's okay for people on your same side to say 'gay marriage', but people on the other side must say marriage of same sex couples otherwise it'd be super offensive. Likewise for the conservatives, bitching about Michelle Obama being too revealing, but it's perfectly fine for Mrs Trump to pose nude. WTF?

This is a sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The head of the union at Carrier criticized Trump, saying he lied about how many jobs were staying here, etc etc.

The President Elect is now going on Twitter and using it to insult private citizens who criticize him.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...60011904614408
    Action reaction. When you mess with a bully who's elected class president at school, do you seriously expect him to all of a sudden play nice and not push back and tweet the shit out of you?

I think it's safe to say that Trump will throw everything that's considered 'presidential' out of the window.

In a way I do enjoy his political incorrectness... also the recent surge in the stock market. That's about it.