Page 825 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 32572577581582382482582682783587592513251825 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,250 of 24778

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    What was I saying about trolls?
    They're always hanging out under bridges?

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    the dominoes are beginning to fall....the question is, how far will it all go?
    We'll all 'forget' about it within a week. The GOP isn't going to be giving this the same treatment as BENGHAZI for obvious reasons.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Yeah, I have to admit that there's no easy way to incorporate the good of Christianity without making it sound too preachy for non-christians. However, perhaps there can be a more balanced approach to the teaching of for stuff like slavery and manifest destiny. It does seem like that we are shifting more of the blame to God or Christians than truly accept responsibility of our failings. Americans justified their evil doings under the guise of Christ..., but in reality, people were driven by their personal motives while hiding "under God". Just as homophobes can hate gays without Jesus, but it's more convenient to hide behind the bible justifying their hatred toward gays... Anyway, I just felt Christianity unfairly received bad rap for American's own issues...
    I don't spend a lot of time in churches and have never identified as anything other than an atheist, and I never got an anti-Christianity message from history books. I got a vibe that a great many leaders enjoyed using religion as a bludgeon, or used it to justify their own ends, and given that our history books tend to be mostly about western Europe and North America, it tends to follow that most of the time that religion tends to be Christianity. I never understood it as something specific to Christianity itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity
    Bottomline is that in CA, there's no way in heaven that we can ask for MORE Christian history in classes. The seemingly relentless pursue to remove religious artifacts/symbols/phrases in public places or flags is also too much IMHO. However, I'm ok with that. At least they can't touch the churches... and at least I can still freely pray at home and say Merry Christmas to fellow Christians. At least my own religious freedom is still protected..., that's all that matters.
    You can't ask for more of it because it's already most of it. It's the same reason why "white pride" is bad. Pretty much every day in this country is white, straight, Christian male day. It's not underrepresented. I also never once saw a person chastised for praying at my public school. A teacher would be chastised for leading a prayer, at least as part of an official class thing. My drama teacher regularly lead a prayer before performances but never expected that everyone join in on it. I see people praying or doing the sign of the cross all the time in public and nobody says anything about it. All people don't want to see are public entities essentially saying "this religion is the real one". Even that's hazy, as the president is still sworn in on a bible. Christmas is still the only religious holiday that's a federal holiday. The 113th congress was 89% Christian, which is actually overrepresentation as the population of the US is 70.6%.

I'm not sure where you get this feeling that Christianity is so put-upon in this country, but as a non-Christian, I can't say that I'm seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm not sure where you get this feeling that Christianity is so put-upon in this country, but as a non-Christian, I can't say that I'm seeing it.
    Anyway, we can only speak for ourselves. We all wear different color lenses, living in different geographical locations and have different set of genes.

Neither side will ever agree on everything, but we just need to learn how to get along somehow.

Believers can rest assured that God will prevail..., if He is the absolute Truth that He claimed He is...

Unbelievers can rest assured that rational reasoning will prevail because history has shown us time and time again that hatred, bigotry, oppression, fake news can't last forever.

In the meantime while we're struggling to find the right balance, don't forget to love one another.

Administrator
    Really should have included this in my last post.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    We'll all 'forget' about it within a week. The GOP isn't going to be giving this the same treatment as BENGHAZI for obvious reasons.
    I dunno, this is starting to feel, IMO, like the biggest threat to our country we've faced since the cuban missile crisis IMO...an entire executive branch that seems to be co-conspiring with Russia.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    As well as completely ignoring the principles of the three branch system, that the Judicial has no say.

Fucking hell.

Administrator
    Trump nominates relative unknown candidate Bill Blutin to replace Michael Flynn on National Security.

https://twitter.com/jbuhrmester/stat...24570548940800

It is surprising how the Democrats and Republicans in the Senate are amazingly starting to agree that Trump's ties to Russia and their influence over the election need to be looked into.

But, it looks like Paul Ryan is still a festering pile of shit. Seriously, whatever hand jobs he and Trump exchanged behind closed doors must have been amazing.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar