Page 1092 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 92592992104210821090109110921093109411021142119215922092 ... LastLast
Results 10,911 to 10,920 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Ivanka Trump pushing liberal agendas, but no Democrats willing to work with her. Claiming that she's not pushing far enough, so they won't have their support.

http://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trump...tch-her-801845

Maybe she has the same problem I have. I claim that I love Bernie Sanders, but people keep on thinking that I'm a Paul Ryan supporter.

Administrator
    I encourage you to contact Sanders and ask his opinions on work requirements for government assistance or healthcare, or the rights of workers vs. corporations. See if they align with yours.

Can you just answer my question?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I don't understand how you can derive your conclusions based on what I said... which of his policies was I opposing?
    Obviously you saw something I wrote that doesn't jive with Sanders. Just wondering what you saw. Was my English that bad or perhaps you're reading between the lines? I'd just like to sort that out first before I contact Bernie Sanders.

I personally find it amazing that you guys (Neanderthal) can first attack Sanders for not being who he really is... claiming that he's no better than Hillary and possibly worse.... and then go further to attack his supporters for not being who they really are... that I probably belong more to the deplorican party.

Look, I'm Billi and I support Bernie Sanders... and I think I'm leaning more to the liberal side, but also hold some conservative values. I don't fit in any particular ideology really. I don't find Republicans to be completely disagreeable and I also don't find democrats to be completely agreeable. There's really no need to take 'sides'. The most important thing should be solving fucking problems. Not just take sides and then blame the other side. Both parties are horrible at this. Even most American people have started to take sides and wouldn't mind seeing fellow Americans on the other side to just go to hell. Fucking sad really.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 9th, 2018 at 01:04 PM.

Administrator
    Bernie Sanders has traditionally been in support of worker's rights over that of corporations, and that corporations are let off far too easily by the government. Your post appears to be saying that this worker is just complaining and he should just find another job. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but that's definitely how I read it. As is, his own website makes it pretty clear that he's in favor of regulation that would prevent the treatment of employees that that post describes: http://feelthebern.org/bernie-sander...orkers-rights/

Your stance on most issues that have come up in recent memory tends to stand in direct opposition to his, so I do find it bizarre that you're such a huge supporter of his. He'd clearly not be on the side of "just find another job if you don't like it." He calls healthcare a human right, so one assumes he doesn't then add on a work requirement. It's not an attack, I honestly just don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Daaamn. #micdrop
    For real.

And here I thought my work-life balance was severely out of whack.

What's the point of regulation when a corporation blatantly forge numbers and force employees to sign off on it? Even for employees' own vacations which he didn't take and end up pretending that he did!

Not totally against regulations, but when this happens, what can regulations do? Was the author really complaining about lack of regulations?

Given that Bernie doesn't hold a steady gig prior to becoming a politician, how do you know he's not the type who'd quit a job until he finds one that he likes?

You don't understand because you have preconceived notions for people. People don't always have to always fit certain ideologies.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 9th, 2018 at 04:11 PM.

Administrator
    You're right. Let 'em do whatever they want.

The author was complaining about things that regulation should help with. Industry used to be a lot like this before we started regulating it.

Bernie literally supports regulation. It doesn't matter if he's the type or not to quit a job until he finds one that he likes.

I don't understand because I have the preconceived notion that people should support the candidate that has policies that align with that person's idea of how the government should be run. Call me crazy, I guess.

No I'm the crazy one of course. It's just that I don't understand why encouraging folks to quit working for BS bosses are being viewed as anti-regulations.

Surely we already have regulations in place for accurate accounting. We also have regulations for min # of vacation days. If you and your boss colluded to by pass these regulations..., what can regulations do?

Of course eventually your company will collapse and your health will also likely collapse...

Should we just rely on more regulations to save us or should we just try to do the right things in the first place?

Quit working for asshole bosses. It's not that hard and it has nothing to do with regulations nor your political ideology.

Administrator
    It's not. You didn't encourage someone to quit working for a BS boss, you're blaming him for the fact that his company mistreats not only him, but others. Saying he doesn't make much sense, that he's bitching and whining. Assuming he has other, better options. A lot of people don't. My wife did because I had a good job and could support her while she completely changed careers, she would likely not have felt like it was a possibility to leave an abusive company if that weren't the case.

I can't tell if you're saying that regulations don't matter because people can try to sneak by anyway. Regulations do matter. It's why we can have unions, why we have 40 hour workweeks, why we have weekends, why we have sick leave, why we have vacation leave. The point of that above post is that the government is mostly looking the other way at this point, especially now with a pro-business administration that, even now, is talking about removing restrictions on employers from taking servers' tips.

It sounds to me like you're not encouraging people, you're blaming them for the wrongs of others, others who have power over them.

To get back to the point, you're basically arguing a Libertarian viewpoint. Regulations don't matter, everyone for themselves, which, again, is about as far from Bernie as you can get.

Either way, I've made my point, so that's it from me on that.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; February 9th, 2018 at 07:54 PM.

My point is that you are reading more than what I have actually written.

Essay wasn't about lack of regulations. I also wasn't advocating deregulation. Author himself was also advocating quitting toxic corporate cultures... I just don't understand why we should trust McDonald's so much? Min wage can exchange for better healthcare and more vacations? Look, even you agree US corporate culture isn't ALL that bad, right?

Anyway, If you want to talk regulations, it's not really just about whether one is pro or against. Naturally democrats can be right that without regulations, companies will fuck things up badly. However republicans can also be right that too much regulations can be stifling! SpaceX's new capsule has given up the idea of rocket landing because of cost prohibitive regulations. I'm sure NASA has astronauts' safety in mind when they came up with those regulations, but it does kinda suck that they have to quit something not out of technical issues, but a regulatory one. I really think it's pointless to just be for or against regulations. We need just enough regulations to make sure shit won't happen and not so much to be too stifling...

Look, I think our society has plenty enough anger to go around... partly because we're all fucked by somebody one way or another. I believe the sole reason why I love Bernie so much is because he's the only person properly channeling our frustrations for the greater good... whereas everyone else mostly just want you to be angry at your political oppositions..., Mexicans, Russians, white folks, black folks...

I'm a Christian and I support an atheistic Bernie instead of Hillary or Trump. Is it really that hard to understand?