Page 2185 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1185168520852135217521832184218521862187219522352285 ... LastLast
Results 21,841 to 21,850 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    That was the PACT bill, the one that funded VA benefits for veterans exposed to things like burn pits in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Momentum is really picking up for dems, I knew overturning RvW will help with midterm, but to see Manchin turn around and screw Mitch over and assist the dems was really something! I won’t be bad mouthing Manchin for a while now.

The only thing I’m worried about is when 2024 comes, dems might ask Biden to step aside and make way for Hillary or Kamala. I’d really hate to see a rematch between Hillary vs Trump again… If that happens again, I’d vote 3rd party again. Not voting Trump and not voting Hillary because it’s THEM!

I’m still bracing for WW3, if that happens, Biden probably will win re-election.

Democrats only vote when there are incredibly compelling reasons to do so. There is never a compelling mid-term election.

Republicans spend all day every day thinking about how much they want to get out there and vote. Many of them are huddled under a blanket with a happy sock stroking it to their ballot as we speak.

Put another way, Democrat wins require moderate centrists to put in a modicum of effort and shift the margin very slightly in their favor. Absent that the GOP will win by default.

Put another way, we get the government we deserve.

Conservatives by nature have tighter asses and more likely control freaks. Liberals by definition are just more care free and most likely don’t even care much for politics when things are good…

Your statement is definitely true, but I hate it when the blame is placed on voters because that is really the worst kind of victim blaming. I already felt like a victim when ‘they’ presented me with Hillary and Trump, and then when shit happens, ‘they’ can continue to blame me for not voting for them. ‘They’ can blame all they want, but I’m not gonna play that game.

Over turning RvW may be the best way for the conservatives to finally shoot themselves in the foot!

Administrator
    I guess none of this is truly surprising, but holy shit some of the exchanges in this article.

Inside the War Between Trump and His Generals

No wonder America did not have the time and energy to start any wars during Trump's reign. They're busy fighting Trump!

Also, besides check and balances coming from Congress and Supreme Court... mutiny could be an option for these generals in the name of protecting our nation and constitution, right? However, Trump either didn't cross that line yet or these generals are just too chicken to do the right things at the time?

For congress to successfully impeach the president, dems needed have sufficient support, which they didn't have. Perhaps within the military ranks, there were not sufficient support to start a mutiny either. Capitol Police chief is obviously pro-trump otherwise how could Jan6 happen, right? It's obvious that to them, MAGA lives matter more so they shouldn't be subjected to police in military gears.

Trump had exposed the flaws of our political system. Will DC make the appropriate reforms in order to prevent a future more competent Trump from overtaking the government? Knowing them politicians, most likely not. They will probably figure out other ways to further capitalize on these weaknesses for their own selfish gains. When shit hits the fan, they'll just conveniently blame the opposition party and/or voters like Billi.

If dems win big during midterm, I do sincerely hope folks like Manchin will continue to pleasantly surprise me more. Seriously, if dems can do their job properly, there'll be no more need for Berni Sanders. He really should retire and enjoy life a bit more, rather than continue to fight for us little guys in his age...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 8th, 2022 at 09:07 AM.

Maybe now the January 6th Committee will do something.

Nah.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndMoparMan View Post
    But, how would they know where 'the area of the club where Trump's offices and personal quarters' are?

Stupid dumb criminal.
    acket.