Page 1119 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1196191019106911091117111811191120112111291169121916192119 ... LastLast
Results 11,181 to 11,190 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    "I'm going with: mainstream French comedy that made more money than Black Panther in its home territories while utterly baffling Anglophone audiences."

https://twitter.com/DonaldClarke63/s...12652515418112

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so um...the korean war is over? I guess that collapse of NK's nuclear testing facility was worse than we thought.

Anyway, however it happens, let's hope this is truly real.

That is truly amazing if true.

History will also record this happened on Trump's watch too. Unbelievable! He'll end up making Korea great again!

Wonder if he can help reunite the North and South Americans together as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    He'll end up making Korea great again!

House of Rep Chaplain prayed a prayer that sounded too political for the Speaker..., so Speaker Ryan asked him to resign.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/u...-chaplain.html

Initially members of congress thought the Padre's retiring and even congratulated him, but upon finding out he was ousted, congressmen were outraged.

To me, it's really a pretty fair minded prayer with no political leaning. Not sure what Paul Ryan was smoking.

Another interesting thing is that this happened weeks ago and is reported on multiple news sites, but you cannot find this piece of news on Fox's website.

Politics clearly trumps faith... for the conservatives as well.

[edit]Okay, Fox is on it now, but emphasizing that the dude is Catholic, invited muslims over to pray and doesn't perform pastoral duties well and left leaning...

So praying for congressional members to be fair to all Americans is left leaning... anyway, just glad Ryan has asked himself to resign too... and may God and the American people oust more like him.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 27th, 2018 at 05:38 PM.

Michelle Wolf nailed it at the WHCD. The press, and conservatives, hated being called on it.

So, they've manufactured outrage. Again.

What's interesting to me is that normally right wing talking points emanate from, ... um, ... let's call it "somewhere" and surface via Faux News. This time the outrage surfaced amongst the press and various pundits. And they all said the same thing; she was mean, and she criticised SHS appearance. Which, if you watched it, was not true. Imus was mean. Meaner in fact. And the Clinton's were sitting right there. Burning up the truth to make "the perfect smoky eye shadow" isn't a diss at SHS looks either.

The master propagandist, whoever they are, is back at it. The frequent parroting of these easily disprovable facts whilst obscuring what Trump did/ said just reinforces to me there is a large scale propaganda effort in the conservative world. It makes the offhand deplorables comment from Clinton seem more apt about more of the conservatives than ever. Even if it was originally meant to only describe the sexists, racists, Islamophobes etc. If this is their line in the sand, about decency, when Trump has said so many worse things, so many more times, about so many more people, then, well, fuck em.

*whistles*

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I think some people just don't understand the concept of a *roast*.

Trump literally had a Comedy Central roast all about him.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Administrator
    After I'd heard Michelle Wolf had made fun of SHS appearance, I read the transcript of her routine and couldn't figure out what they were talking about. I definitely didn't think it was the "smoky eye" bit, as the whole point of that joke wasn't that smoky eyes were bad or that she looked bad, it was that she lies a lot. I'm unclear on how anybody could interpret that joke that way.