Page 840 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 34074079083083883984084184285089094013401840 ... LastLast
Results 8,391 to 8,400 of 24806

Thread: Politics

I don't think anyone should be congratulated on being able to speak publicly without throwing a tantrum. That seems like the basic bar for entry. Which #45 has failed time and again. Just because he can keep a lid on it one time doesn't make up for the others.

Not to mention most of what he spoke about was completely false. You'd think telling the truth would be another minimum requirement.

but then there would be no politicians lawyers or capitalists...

Uh yeah. As much as it'd be nice to have some truthing happen, not even the holiest of progressives tell the truth 100% of the time.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Uh yeah. As much as it'd be nice to have some truthing happen, not even the holiest of progressives tell the truth 100% of the time.
    IMO, It's one thing for politicians to skew certain statistics in their favor to prove a point, it's another to FLAT OUT LIE at every turn and have a group of supporters buy it with no questions asked. That's the scary part.

I'm of the opinion that I'd very much like to believe in the 'new' Donald J. Trump. Maybe last night really was a reset/turning point that he intends to build on, or it was just theatre. Either way, the blatant lies have to go.

Don't think HRC would have been much better here (less lies, more two-face-edness)

It's all democrat said republican said.

At least investors are optimistic and the markets are melting up again.

Until you can find a way to impeach the guy, might as well just hang on and enjoy the ride. Will DNC be able to come up with somebody who can beat Trump? Fingers crossed.

Hooo boy, the shit's gettin' deep now. May not have to wait too long on that impeachment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.05f63808d5e4

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post

might not be BS (lots of young'ins, old folks, off the books peeps, college students, welfare mongers...). He did say one in five were unemployed.
    Alternate fact of the day: 5% = 20%
    Quote Originally Posted by Politifact
    For instance, the figure includes retirees, high school students over 16, undergraduate and graduate students, stay-at-home parents, disabled people, adults who are engaged in full-time education or training, and even trust-fund kids and those wealthy enough to be living off investments. Put it all together and this is not a trivial group of people.
    source

I'd goddam hope most high school kids, most college age kids and retirees were not employed, a bunch of disabled people etc, and that only a few of them would be seeking it.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    I don't think anyone should be congratulated on being able to speak publicly without throwing a tantrum. That seems like the basic bar for entry. Which #45 has failed time and again. Just because he can keep a lid on it one time doesn't make up for the others.
    The bar for Presidential competency has been drastically lowered and people acting like it's all right. Like we're alright. No we ain't.

Not to mention most of what he spoke about was completely false. You'd think telling the truth would be another minimum requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    IMO, It's one thing for politicians to skew certain statistics in their favor to prove a point, it's another to FLAT OUT LIE at every turn and have a group of supporters buy it with no questions asked. That's the scary part.
    A lyin can't change it's spots.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I'm of the opinion that I'd very much like to believe in the 'new' Donald J. Trump. Maybe last night really was a reset/turning point that he intends to build on, or it was just theatre. Either way, the blatant lies have to go.
    Actions speak louder than one speech. I'll believe Trump isn't out to only enrich himself and his cronies when he actually starts being a President for the whole country not just the wealthy few. Starts appointing people who are competent to cabinet positions. Starts paying attention to his intelligence briefings. No longer thinks he knows better than everyone. And stops going on vacation every fucking week. To his own f'n resort (emoluments clause, hello!!!!!!!!) His security bill in ONE MONTH OF OFFICE is already more than the Obamas for the last year.

Trump conjugates a coherent sentence and the media gets up and applauds. Hillary gave thoughtful cogent, coherent, thoughtful speeches and they went "meh!"