Page 2136 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1136163620362086212621342135213621372138214621862236 ... LastLast
Results 21,351 to 21,360 of 24777

Thread: Politics

Biden narrowly defeated Trump back in 2020 in GA. So I wonder if these upsets were just due to Georgians' dislike of Trump or will this be a national trend? Hopefully a national trend.

Looks like this latest shooter broke all the stereotypes, except the quiet loner qualities. No manifestos of any kind other than telling his 'girlfriend' in germany with private texts... that he's gonna shoot his grandma and then elementary school kids. So far we just haven't seen any political, religious nor racial cause of any kind. Also no history of mental issues too.

So I guess the root causes are probably just lonely warped souls with easy access to assault weapons. Thanks to internet, it's also very easy to be copycats. I really thought Sandy Hook will be a turning point...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I really thought Sandy Hook will be a turning point...
    It's unconscionable that it wasn't. I've seen a few quotes along the lines of school shootings being a "uniquely American way to die".

Onion headline. Sadly.

Administrator
    It's awfully weird that a week ago Republicans were telling us that teachers are groomers trying to turn your kids gay or trans, and now they want to give teachers guns and body armor.

Junior Potato
    Well, gays are for satan, and guns are for Jesus.

Let us pray.

Junior Potato
    If anyone here takes any interest in Australian politics, you should read this.

He was probably worse than Trump, but didn't have the backup to do what he wanted.

https://theshot.net.au/opinion-news/...VJ0P0dvvM8YWvU

I think it’s fair to say that Aussies generally have more sense than the Americans!

Also, voters can see for themselves that the antiestablishment nationalists have failed to bring about the kind of change voters wanted. Glad to see this nationalist tide receding around the world.

However, I’m not really looking forward to the ‘usual’ way of doing things, which was the reason why this crazy tide began in the 1st place. Hope all of our politicians learned their lessons and adjust their ways accordingly.

Administrator
    Oh yeah, I forgot he had that whole connection to a prominent QAnon guy in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's awfully weird that a week ago Republicans were telling us that teachers are groomers trying to turn your kids gay or trans, and now they want to give teachers guns and body armor.
    Not only that, it speaks to not trusting cops anymore as being "good guys" that will stop "bad guys"

(and frankly this isn't even touching on the idea that this is treating the symptom, not the cause of these attacks, but that's America for you)