Page 2156 of 2185 FirstFirst ... 11561656205621062146215421552156215721582166 ... LastLast
Results 21,551 to 21,560 of 21842

Thread: Politics

Yes, and getting sadder every day.

Of local interest to me: There are protests planned for 6:00 PM at the state capitol building tonight, which is just a few blocks away from my office. There are still boarded-up windows all around, including the building right across the street from where I work, that have never been fixed since the George Floyd riots two years ago. I'll be getting the hell out of this city by 5:00. The mob will need a few hours to get liquored up and for darkness to set in before things get weird, I assume.

And the Colorado Avalanche is playing what could be the final game of the Stanley Cup in Denver tonight also - we're up 3 to 1 and just need one more victory. The game starts at 6:00 PM also and Ball Arena holds 18,000 fans. I wonder what will happen when they all spill out into the city after the game.

Don't want to minimize the importance of the SCOTUS decision with hockey talk, but I can't add anything about the escalating Republican tyranny that everyone isn't thinking already.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    moving out of the U.S. is looking like a better and better option. I'm a straight white male with no wife or children, so I SHOULD feel fine here, but the sheer amount of insanity going on is really making me want to move. Mid-term elections could be very scary
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Man, what the fuck is going on over there? Collective insanity?

Every one of those justices stated during their confirmation hearings that they will uphold RvW, it’s perfectly okay to lie during your job interviews?

Anyway, there’s talk of congress codifying abortion rights into law, but couldn’t Supreme Court just throw it out by declaring it unconstitutional?

I think the only way forward is probably impeach all 5 of the Justices who over turned the clock backwards…

Anyway, I’m not expert in law, may just be dreaming…

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Donnie McFuckface has already taken credit for it.

You guys are fucked.
    acket.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    n/m
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Roe v. Wade is overturned.
    We said over and over again that the Supreme Court was on the line in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    In a way, Supreme Court didn't ban abortion, they simply returned the decision from federal level to state level. Perhaps the states can further return that decision down to the county, city, household... and ultimately to the individual level?

It'll just be unfortunate for poorer women in red states... Wonder if our current Supreme Court will also let states figure out whether to let slavery back in order to fight back inflation?

There has been an mass exodus from blue to red states, but now, there'll probably be a mass exodus of red states to blue states.

Maybe this will actually help make this nation more 'purple' and less blue and red? Hopefully dems will also be energized so that they won't lose so badly during the midterms and 2024... sigh...
    Fuck you!! You and your ilk are responsible for this.

You that couldn't vote for Hillary Clinton and couldn't produce a single credible reason why. You sit this the fuck down because YOU are responsible for it.

Yeah yeah… ok.

Just read an NPR article, looks like these justices spoke very much like lawyers and covered their asses during their hearings… so probably won’t be able to impeach them.

Hopefully this will finally energize the liberal base in them red states… if red states insist on getting redder… then perhaps Mario’s prophecy will come true and it’ll be the end of the United States.

I guess the planets aligned for a reason… we can definitely expect the worst, but I also want everyone to still remember to somehow hope for the best. As long as we are still breathing, there’s always hope! At least I don’t personally believe God is on the republicans’ side.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 24th, 2022 at 07:53 PM.

Administrator
    Now that I've seen a non-spoilered quote, I guess I'm not shocked that Billi's reaction is to parrot the Fox News/Newsmax/Epoch Times take.

What I love is that in the very first stanza, he contradicted himself. How does one further the decision to the individual level if one removes the federal right to make that decision? That's maybe the most insane contradictory set of words I've read in my entire life.

You do not get to have an individual level decision if the state is allowed to make that decision for you. How do you not get that? The constitutional right to abortion was literally the individual level right. And no, I won't be reading your response unless someone chooses to quote it without a spoiler, you anti-choice nazi-sympathizer.