Page 1890 of 2489 FirstFirst ... 8901390179018401880188818891890189118921900194019902390 ... LastLast
Results 18,891 to 18,900 of 24883

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    No man!

These people are sick in the head and seriously diseased. More social contact means more opportunity to spread/receive more lies and propaganda. Lock them up!
    That's not what worked in Germany after the war, Adenauer and Erhard went for improving the material conditions of the working people and reducing inequalities as the way to forge new social contracts and to lessen the influence of far-right ideologies.

Sure, Germans hanged treasonous fuckers of comparable roles to Steve Bannon and Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz and Stephen Miller, but that was only part of it.
    acket.

Loving the Republicans complaining about how many Executive Orders President Biden is signing. They were'nt saying shit when Trump was signing his, and they aren't self aware enough to realise that all the EO signing is because they are fucking up the parliamentary system. And of course the fucking media just parrots them instead of asking, "well, what is your part in the inability of the government to function, and what are you going to do about it?"

*I know it's not parliamentary, but I just can't think of the right word right now.

Speaking of which... the stimulus check to Americans, Sanders is saying we could send these checks right away thru budget reconciliation, no need to worry about them fucking republicans, but Biden seem to think we need further negotiations, not sure with who... and Americans likely won’t see that check til March...

Do you know what Biden and the dems are waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    *I know it's not parliamentary, but I just can't think of the right word right now.
    It's a presidential system.

The executive says what, the legislative says how.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Do you know what Biden and the dems are waiting for?
    Probably the red tape and bureaucracy that Trump said he'd get rid of when he drained the swamp.

Fuck Trump and republicans. This is an emergency, dems have majority, budget reconciliation requires Simple majority, which we have. Dems don’t need to negotiate with anybody. Just give the chks to all Americans. Those in need, even if they’re republicans, they’ll thank you.

Those rich Americans who don’t need the money, we can always tax that money back.

I really don’t understand why is negotiating necessary. Am I missing something?

Administrator
    Part of the fun is that a lot of Trump's nonsense is so easily overturned because it was just executive action, it wasn't actual legislation.

But yes, ignore Republicans upset over Biden's use of the EO. Trump used more per year than anyone since Carter (and yes, I'm also surprised that Carter was a prolific user of the EO): https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/stat...ecutive-orders

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Part of the fun is that a lot of Trump's nonsense is so easily overturned because it was just executive action, it wasn't actual legislation.

But yes, ignore Republicans upset over Biden's use of the EO. Trump used more per year than anyone since Carter (and yes, I'm also surprised that Carter was a prolific user of the EO): https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/stat...ecutive-orders
    According to your linked table, from Jimmy Carter all the way back to Theo Roosevelt, they all signed more EOs/year than Trump. Maybe it was just more fashionable back then to sign these things?

https://www.stardem.com/news/nationa...71b99b15c.html

Fascinating. Biden bans the term China virus or Wuhan Virus with EO on official documents. However, what about Kung Flu? I think he forgot about that one.

Anyway, I appreciate Biden protecting us Asians... and I also appreciate his commitment to saving the environment and all that global warming stuff with all these cute orders, but when will you be delivering those damn stimulus checks to help out American people?!?!?

You don't need to negotiate with republicans to get it done! Just get it done! You were laughing at republican's meager $600..., now that you officially have the power and the majority, where is your sense of urgency?

I'm beginning to worry that USA will be following CA's footsteps when it comes to COVID response. Emphasizing more on being politically correct rather than being just correct.

Neanderthal, both sides are definitely not the same, but both side can be equally bogged down by their own political ideologies and become ineffective during time of crisis.

It'll be sad to see Bernie Sanders failed to accomplish anything as usual because he's being obstructed by the Dems... I really hope Dems won't waste their chance. People have voted to give you the majority. Do something with it and do it swiftly! Stop dragging your feet! We have an emergency here! We don't need republican approval to act!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 28th, 2021 at 11:15 AM.

It's the same old theme, since twenty-sixteen
    In your head, in your head they're still fighting
    With their tanks, and their bombs, and their bombs, and their guns
    In your head, in your head they are dying
    acket.