Page 1168 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1686681068111811581166116711681169117011781218126816682168 ... LastLast
Results 11,671 to 11,680 of 24777

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You're delusional, dude.
    acket.

That was for Billi. Not for you, Tom.

you can't just present them with 'data' and tell them everything seems fine
    So we present "alternative" "facts" that then can accomodate to their preconceptions? That's just not a very good plan for making problems go away.
    acket.

Just as your table of data may be factual, but doesn't tell the whole picture.
    Of course it doesn't. Those tables include all ethnicities, all states, all economic activities.

I never claimed it did. I said that the MAGA argument is not grounded in income inequality. It's something else. The "G" does not stand for great, it never did.

Perhaps it stands for "God", as its supporters seem to argue based on incredulity fallacies.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I know it's pedantic, but I feel like it's important to point out that you have a higher "annual salary" than he does. Not a higher annual income. Someone at his income level spends significantly less in taxes if it all comes from capital gains, not from salary/wages. It's why you should always take it with a grain of salt when someone who's already rich brags about taking no salary, or a $1 a year salary. They're saving themselves money, not sacrificing.
    I fully agree with you.

If Elon doesn’t sell any of his assets, it is theoretically possible for a lot of us to achieve higher annual income than Elon.

My point was that gap between rich and poor is not all due to income.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    So we present "alternative" "facts" that then can accomodate to their preconceptions? That's just not a very good plan for making problems go away.
    We are emotional beings and rarely make decisions based solely on facts.

Besides, facts can be incomplete, manipulated to alternate...

Problems do not go away simply because facts show up. These social problems can only be resolved by love.

Antiestablishment sentiments did not come from failure to obtain real facts that the establishment had maintained fair income distribution, but the ‘feeling’ that they’ve been ignored.

You need to make them feel better somehow and not just point out the fact that they’re stupid and out of touch with reality.

If you don’t take care of their feelings, somebody like Trump will.

The US right and left are like a couple ready to divorce..., US can only be great again if both sides end up holding hands and work together. Divorces will only make things messy and sucky.

Btw, I’m not a supporter of Trump because I don’t believe he’s trying to unite this country and doesn’t have a clue with regard to how to MAGA!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 17th, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

Fuck mobile chrome. Fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.
    acket.

I’m using mobile safari, don’t particularly love it. It’s just something Apple forced me to use...

Anyway, are you feeling okay?

Yeah, just not very nice to write 400 words and then have chrome reload the page.
    acket.

Van Jones can perhaps illustrate the point better than I can:

Administrator
    From a Norwegian newspaper:

Heia Norge.