Page 1205 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 2057051105115511951203120412051206120712151255130517052205 ... LastLast
Results 12,041 to 12,050 of 24776

Thread: Politics

It's no wonder so many people are exhausted with politics. Literally everything has devolved into calling out hypocracy. It's all about identity politics and "gotcha" moments. Trump said "I could shoot someone in Times Square and they'd still vote for me" and he's absolutely fucking right. None of this whining about ANY politician being a hypocrite gets anyone anywhere. It's grade school arguments writ large. How about instead of "Trump used to support the Iraq war and now he says he didn't!" we talk about what a colossal fuckup the Iraq war was and how to fix what was left behind?

No, no, let's just keep slinging shit. Elizabeth Warren, who really is the best "establishment" candidate for the next election, is too busy defending her nonsense Native American "heritage" and pulling a "gotcha" on Trump instead of actually talking about important things. No one, ESPECIALLY conservatives, give two shits what her DNA test says.

Trump is actually amazingly good at playing these games... that's why he's now in the White House. He's seemingly immuned to shit...

Elizabeth Warren is probably the next best thing DNC has at the moment... somebody who the Bernie folks liked and yet still a woman like Hillary... I'm not sure why you'd say that you'd consider her part of the 'establishment'. Not really sure she's someone the DNC would fully support if it were up to the 'establishment'. Anyway, now thanks to Trump, he has successfully done some damage on her even before she's ready to run...

If Mueller can't stop Trump soon, if economy doesn't tank, pretty sure he'll get 4 more years.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 17th, 2018 at 08:57 AM.

Administrator
    Damn, Barack Obama calling out vote.org. For a team with ten people (and two feline c-level execs), this has gotta make it feel like all that work was worth it.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Another thing I've noticed in this political climate is the reason why a lot of people on both sides "cling" to a certain candidate, is because a majority of the people in office or running for office aren't on the same page.

People loved Obama because he really spoke out properly and sensibly about issues and it didn't feel overtly polished and scripted like Hillary, but beyond him there weren't many in the party that were similar....maybe Biden which is why he was a good VP.

Trump goes to the absolute extreme of what the GOP had been sort of implying for years but not bold enough to disturb the less far right voters, Trump just says screw it and goes as far right as possible.

So McTurtle confirms they are after your social security and medicaid, all of which you paid into, for which he blames for the national debt.

President Orangutan is saying he ain't touching social security though. So there's still a trace of new york city blue in him I guess.

Didn't realize we're actually living in Zootopia!!!

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Of course. That's why they do it. They new they'd be able to kill SS and medicaaid when they gave their tax breaks. It's justification to take something to resolve an intentional issue they caused in the first place.

Fuck them all.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Why have to vote to take away a program or replace it when you can just defund it under the guise of saving American people money?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Health insurance, sure, but how the hell do you privatize social security?

My generation is already slowly going the way of saving your own retirement with 401k contributions... knowing that we probably cannot count on company's pension nor social security.

If social security is gone, I'd be able to save money by not being forced to contribute to it in form of tax. If that is privatized, I'm not sure why I'd voluntarily buy from the privatized version of social security. I already have my own 401k or IRA... it's the existing recipients who'll be screwed if government defunds it.

Anyway, the president has promised that he won't mess with it. I trust my minority elected president.

In all honesty, government is in a tough spot. Private pensions are all slowly going away... one may say that I'm entitled to my pension!!! But it's obviously not a very sustainable system. Maybe we shouldn't retire so early... none of these systems were designed thinking that people will live this long while being so unhealthy(extra medical expenses). A reform is definitely needed. Can go on like this indefinitely.

Maybe we need a new system legally mandating people to contribute to their own retirement and health insurance accounts with a percentage of their income. That way, politicians or fund managers won't screw with your money. But then people need to be more educated on how to wisely manage their own money though...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 19th, 2018 at 12:49 PM.