Page 1366 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 3668661266131613561364136513661367136813761416146618662366 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,660 of 24778

Thread: Politics

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I'm not sure how emissions restrictions make the cars less safe...
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Administrator
    Interesting article on "The Epoch Times", a longtime news site that recently has thrown its support behind Trump, spending over $1.5 million on pro-Trump Facebook advertising (more than the amount many candidates have raised in total) and ranked 11th in video views across social media platforms. Turns out they're part of Falun Gong and part of the same organization that brings us Shen Yun.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...epoch-n1044121

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    I'm not sure how emissions restrictions make the cars less safe...
    My guess is that as far as he's concerned, hybrid/electric technologies are dark magic just waiting to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Interesting article on "The Epoch Times", a longtime news site that recently has thrown its support behind Trump, spending over $1.5 million on pro-Trump Facebook advertising (more than the amount many candidates have raised in total) and ranked 11th in video views across social media platforms. Turns out they're part of Falun Gong and part of the same organization that brings us Shen Yun.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...epoch-n1044121
    Hmm..., interesting indeed. Okay, not here to debate anything just to leave my 2 cents.

Never paid much attention to Epoch Times actually. I am sympathetic to persecution of Falun Gong folks in China, but I personally never really liked them though. They feel like the equivalent of JW's witnesses or Scientologists here. They just felt weird to me with the few of them I've interacted with. Anyway, I think they're making the mistake of making friend with the enemy of their enemy. Trump standing up to dictator Xi just looks so heroic to them. Ever since Nixon, I don't think any other US presidents dared to stand up to the Chinese Communists as much as Trump... to the point of willing to sacrifice the prosperity of Americans! Or perhaps Trump just has the special magnetism to attract spiritual crazies, including the US evangelicals.

Anyway, considering Chinese American voting block is probably very small and nobody else is reading the Epoch Times, probably not much to worry about.

BTW, the only Chinese presidential candidate is clearly against Trump. I think he's climbing up higher on my personal list... claiming that he likes MATH and he's going to Make America Think Harder if he's elected!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 21st, 2019 at 09:19 AM.

You're assuming that he actually thinks about what he's saying.

He just talks out his ass 99% of the time, and doubles down when someone challenges him on it.

The media really needs to stop passing his comments along on their own.

^ I've thought that since January 20, 2016 - "Maybe now, he'll start acting like a president."

He'd be a much better president if he'd just shut the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    ^ I've thought that since January 20, 2016 - "Maybe now, he'll start acting like a president."

He'd be a much better president if he'd just shut the hell up. get called out on his shit every time he opens his mouth.

Corrected that for you since he's unlikely to shut up.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Jay Inslee has dropped out of the Democratic race...that makes 3 that have dropped out so far

Administrator
    Little sad about that. I don't think he was going to get the nomination, but he was an important voice about climate change and getting rid of the filibuster.

Is it possible that Trump's flooding has always been a strategy?