Page 1242 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 2427421142119212321240124112421243124412521292134217422242 ... LastLast
Results 12,411 to 12,420 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Oh lordy.
    So that's how the prosecutors knew that Manafort was lying to their faces in spite of the plea bargain.

Somewhat related, I'm with Cenk Uygur on why Assange is bad for journalists, by choosing to disclose and publish information based on his interests he is betraying the public trust. Add to that, the presuntive fact that he had information on other parties that he chose not to disclose and publish... then well, it's clear he is a brocker who deals on information and not a journalist.

Add to that, wikileaks has been sloppy in releasing information that puts people's lives at risk and he's caused more bad than good. I hope, hope, hope his case is defended by great lawyers because I believe we are living in a world that needs to have clear boundaries on what information can be gathered, what can be traded and what needs to stay with the individual.
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    whenever anyone says both parties are the same:

The Resistance
    ‏ @amervoices

Since 1965

Democrats (25 years in power):
    3 indictments
    1 conviction
    1 prison sentence.

Republicans (28 years in power):
    120 indictments
    89 convictions
    34 prison sentences.

Look, both sides are obviously not exactly the same. For one thing, blue and red are just not the same color.

Just looking at # of indictments/convictions/sentences..., sure you can say your side is less evil with lower numbers, but unless your side achieved 0, you are the 'same'. Less evil is still evil. Less evil doesn't make you good.

Now, I’m not demanding blue side has to be perfect. Let's return to the topic of Honduras for example:

http://theconversation.com/how-us-po...igration-65935

Some of you like to blame Reagan(admin with lots of indictments). I can also blame Hillary Clinton(Though Obama admin had 0 indictments).

Bottomline is that USA is the 'same' country... often times doing the 'same' evils around the world to protect its own interests. Doesn't matter if the admin is red or blue.

That's what I meant when I say both sides are the 'same'.

Even if we have president Clinton, maybe she wouldn't openly build a wall out of political correctness, but I still doubt she'd care what happens to the Hondurans or any other illegal immigrants. Remember that Obama deported more people than Trump! They just don't advertise this fact on twitter. US interests, or her own financial interests, are way more important then anything else. I just can't in good conscience vote for either of those candidates. Our nation and the world will be fucked one way or another with either one as president.

Having a president Clinton will make you feel better because you think she's on your side, but I'm sure for the Hondurans, they'll feel just the 'same'. Fucked.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 30th, 2018 at 12:29 PM.

Administrator
    Re: building a Trump Tower Moscow (that I saw WaPo says would have included a $50 million penthouse for Putin)

Reminds me of something...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    According to the Wall Street Journal, one plan was stopped by the great recession. Until it was revived with interest from Azerbaijani Power Broker Aras Agalarov and it gained momentum during the Moscow Miss Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ
    Plans were drawn up to renovate and rebrand the Stalin-era Sovietsky Hotel as Ivanka Hotel, says one person who was involved in the project, which included a store that would sell Ms. Trump’s jewelry line. Ms. Trump launched her jewelry line the next year, in the fall of 2007.

Ms. Trump was “in her early 20s and had only recently joined Trump Organization in 2006 and was not involved in planning a Moscow hotel at that time or opening a store in any such hotel,” a person familiar with her role at the company said.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-t...article_inline
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Somewhat related, I'm with Cenk Uygur on why Assange is bad for journalists, by choosing to disclose and publish information based on his interests he is betraying the public trust. Add to that, the presuntive fact that he had information on other parties that he chose not to disclose and publish... then well, it's clear he is a brocker who deals on information and not a journalist.

Add to that, wikileaks has been sloppy in releasing information that puts people's lives at risk and he's caused more bad than good. I hope, hope, hope his case is defended by great lawyers because I believe we are living in a world that needs to have clear boundaries on what information can be gathered, what can be traded and what needs to stay with the individual.
    I dont think that makes him that much different from most journalists - they generally have a bias (like most of us) and that can skew what they publish.
    The big difference is that Assange has access to so much info that he the ability to easily pick and choose - most journos dont get that choice or at least its more subtle.

But Assange shouldnt pretend that he is something more, better, more noble! He is not saving the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Look, both sides are obviously not exactly the same. For one thing, blue and red are just not the same color.

Just looking at # of indictments/convictions/sentences..., sure you can say your side is less evil with lower numbers, but unless your side achieved 0, you are the 'same'. Less evil is still evil. Less evil doesn't make you good.
    Its not a black and white world - if you think two things are equal because they are both not perfect then you are not going to be able to make change or improve things.

I know it's not a black and white world. I also didn't say blue and red are equal.

My point is lesser of the 2 evil approach isn't working very well. It's making the 2 sides hating each other more and more..., yet same problems are getting worse and worse... and each side can also conveniently blame the other side too as problems worsen. It's always the other side's fault!

This duopoly isn't working out very well and I think we need to change it in order to improve things.

I think the rise of both Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders were the result of people getting sick and tired of this screwed up duopoly. Unfortunately Trump won out... and now people are probably wishing they could have their usual screwed up duopoly back...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 30th, 2018 at 01:49 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    George H.W. Bush has died at age 94

He’s the first US president I remember from childhood. That’s sad to hear. Did he have a few health scares recently? I remember Barbara died earlier in the year too, right?