Page 944 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 444844894934942943944945946954994104414441944 ... LastLast
Results 9,431 to 9,440 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    A friend of mine's Facebook status:

Certainly not meant as a slight towards McCain himself, but goddamn I thought that was a good distillation of where we're at.
    I'm pretty sure McCain doesn't really need the money for treatment. Good thoughts and prayers certainly should suffice... BTW, I'm not a Republican and I can do prayers. Praying is not something restricted to Republicans. I also donate money to church and various charitable orgs and I'm also not a democrat. No need, for your friend, to politicize everything...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 20th, 2017 at 08:54 AM.

Sad to hear the news about John McCain today.

Administrator
    Billi, there's no way you don't understand that the concept is that the 20+ million people that will lose their health insurance under the republican ACA replacement plan will be left with either GoFundMe or hopes and prayers if they get sick, and it's not actually directly related to whether or not McCain has health insurance, right? It doesn't have anything to do with him, his financial status, or who prays, but everything to do with the fact that this is right in the middle of an attempt by him and others to change the health insurance laws that will leave millions of people with no options other than that. I mean, you get that, right?

I do.

Let's ignore the fact that corrupt republican politicians probably just want to repeal ACA to save money for the rich...

Why do most conservative voters still want to repeal affordable healthcare? Is it really because they are dumb and prefer prayer over having affordable healthcare?

[edit]
    I probably shouldn't say 'most' conservative voters, but probably still significant number of conservative voters...
    I think there are 54% of Trump supporters are in favor of fixing ACA rather than ending it.
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html
    Our congress, whether GOP or DNC controlled, ceased to fully represent the voters of either side... now mainly in the grasp of powerful lobbyist groups... but anyway, my previous question remains. Do you really believe those who wish to end ACA are just dumb and prefer prayers?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 20th, 2017 at 11:20 AM.

For the most part, yes.

Mostly it's because they are selfish and/or ignorant.

You arrived at that conclusion thru conservative friends/acquaintances of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    If only he was a self-proclaimed master negotiator with a majority in Congress.
    AT LEAST HE DIDN'T KEEP EMAILS ON HIS PRIVATE SERVER!!! Where someone might hack into it!!!

(He just told Russian officials top secret information in person)

Guys, it's easy to make fun of him, but he is probably the most maligned politician in history. He's really had a rough go, though no fault of his own.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    but anyway, my previous question remains. Do you really believe those who wish to end ACA are just dumb and prefer prayers?
    No it doesn't. It was a stupid question then and it's a stupid question now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity
    .... Do you really believe those who wish to end ACA are just dumb and prefer prayers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    You arrived at that conclusion thru conservative friends/acquaintances of yours?
    No. It's because who with a functioning mind wants to end healthcare? Only a dumb fucking fuck or stupid fucking twat. Profanity deliberately used to emphasise the enormity of this dumbfuckery.

Our system may not be perfect as it is but its eons better than what we had before the ACA; people no longer have to mortgage their houses because their kid got sick. Or because they got cancer.

I'm single with no kids, no real bills, have a job with good health benefits and even I have thought about going to Mexico, India, Spain, or Australia for health related travel What does that tell you about our system.

It's a stupid question to even think that repealing our current system is a viable option. Can it be improved? Hell the fuck yes! But we dare not accept even a thought of a backward step.

Shit like this is exactly why any words or thoughts that have greatest in them, in reference to America, have a hollow ring to anybody with two brain cells to rub together.