Page 832 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 33273278282283083183283383484288293213321832 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,320 of 24770

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    He's talking about deregulating everything. He just gleefully rolled back Obama's law that makes it harder for coal mining companies to contaminate waterways. It's a bubble, the irrational exuberance just before the actual consequences happen.

Kinda like what happened under George W.

So, Fox News are reporting that Trump knew exactly what Flynn discussed with Russia on every single call he made. Ya know, the one he doesn't call fake news. So, who in the GOP do we think has the goods that actually got the metaphorical nuclear button pushed?

The whole Flynn thing; was it illegal what he actually did by talking to them? Or was it just that he lied about it? Because if Trump knew (which he said he did, and if Flynn didn't do it, he was going to order him to anyway), how is that not a problem?

They are also rolling back the gun law that prohibited mentally-challenged people from owning guns.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    The whole Flynn thing; was it illegal what he actually did by talking to them? Or was it just that he lied about it? Because if Trump knew (which he said he did, and if Flynn didn't do it, he was going to order him to anyway), how is that not a problem?
    I'm not at all sure on that. If he did tell the Kremlin that they had every intention of removing sanctions when they came to power, I could definitely see that as subverting the current president. I'm not sure even that's illegal, because Flynn wasn't actually in any sort of governmental position at that point, he was just one of the president elect's henchmen.

I figure it's most likely not illegal, probably part of the reason that the FBI have said they have no intention of pursuing it. I think the actual issue is that it hurts the credibility of the administration when they that they aren't in cahoots with Putin, and that could potentially lose them some of the GOP support they need to get away with their shenanigans. They need the story to remain that they just respect Russia and would like their help putting down ISIS, not that Putin sees Trump as a useful idiot and is regularly manipulating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He's talking about deregulating everything. He just gleefully rolled back Obama's law that makes it harder for coal mining companies to contaminate waterways. It's a bubble, the irrational exuberance just before the actual consequences happen.

Kinda like what happened under George W.
    I don't think W's early period experienced this much irrational exuberance..., maybe it was because it had already happened during Bill Clinton's time. 9/11 also helped kept stock market down...

Anyway, just wondering what will be the trigger for the next financial meltdown. It has to be an outside factor as big as 9/11 or some sort of economic meltdown like 2008... So far it just seems there's nothing Trump can do wrong... 9/11 aside, there are talks about how 2008 was caused by 'regulations'. Perhaps that's why wall st is really looking forward to deregulation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrFSO62p0jk
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 17th, 2017 at 09:01 AM.

2008 was caused by lax oversight and DEregulation.

Go watch "The Big Short."

Female Masturbatory Aid
    2018 will be 2008 all over again. Maybe worse.

Deregulate and privatize everything.

That always works well.

I posted about this on Facebook, but thoughts and prayers out to Sweden.

Yes it is. Most definitely dark days indeed when Ace Of Base gets voted into the Swedish Heavy Metal Hall Of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 31m31 minutes ago
    My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden.