Page 851 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 35175180184184985085185285386190195113511851 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,510 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Taimar, I didn't write those definitions, just grabbed them after googling... Even if you disagree with those definitions, based on what you've posted, I think it's pretty safe to assume that you're also bi-political? Forget about the Republican party of today, other than 'traditional american values', you really have nothing against conservative ideology itself, right?

Even with the 'traditional american values', I think it's important to distinguish between cultural values and moral values. We ought to just leave the moral values out of it... and if we only consider the cultural values, I'm pretty sure most people won't have anything against realizing the american dream thru self reliance and hard work while having healthy competition with equal opportunity, and, last but not least, having the necessary freedoms to pursue our very own happiness.

You also have nothing against 'traditional american values' in a cultural sense, right?

Anyway, I was just wondering if there are really folks who are so hardcore about being a liberal that he just cannot accept any part of conservative ideology... Or do you have any specific issues against conservative ideology? Again, let's try to leave the 'Republicans' out of this discussion for a moment if we can... Also, issues such as abortion and gay marriage are more like moral issues, hence the conservatives would 'flip sides' and actually expect the government to intervene and deny people the 'freedom'... So besides abortion and gay rights and maybe gun rights, do you have anything else against conservative ideology in theory? Am I right to assume that you are also 'bi-political' at least in theory?

Lastly, do you think the American Democrats, especially the ones in charge of our nation, are living up to their liberal values?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 15th, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

Administrator
    Muslim ban 2.0 got blocked nationwide by a federal judge in Hawaii. Once again, things that Trump and his super-pals said in public were used as evidence that it is discriminatory, specifically Stephen Miller saying that the language was different, but the end goal was the same.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Yep.

He's also apparently campaigning this week again as well.

the actual fuck.

Yeah I saw that. Why does he need to go rallying?

I guess his ego enjoys the cheering.

It's lonely at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Taimar, I didn't write those definitions, just grabbed them after googling... Even if you disagree with those definitions, based on what you've posted, I think it's pretty safe to assume that you're also bi-political? Forget about the Republican party of today, other than 'traditional american values', you really have nothing against conservative ideology itself, right?

Even with the 'traditional american values', I think it's important to distinguish between cultural values and moral values. We ought to just leave the moral values out of it... and if we only consider the cultural values, I'm pretty sure most people won't have anything against realizing the american dream thru self reliance and hard work while having healthy competition with equal opportunity, and, last but not least, having the necessary freedoms to pursue our very own happiness.

You also have nothing against 'traditional american values' in a cultural sense, right?

Anyway, I was just wondering if there are really folks who are so hardcore about being a liberal that he just cannot accept any part of conservative ideology... Or do you have any specific issues against conservative ideology? Again, let's try to leave the 'Republicans' out of this discussion for a moment if we can... Also, issues such as abortion and gay marriage are more like moral issues, hence the conservatives would 'flip sides' and actually expect the government to intervene and deny people the 'freedom'... So besides abortion and gay rights and maybe gun rights, do you have anything else against conservative ideology in theory? Am I right to assume that you are also 'bi-political' at least in theory?

Lastly, do you think the American Democrats, especially the ones in charge of our nation, are living up to their liberal values?
    The notion that people fit in one uniform box, or the other uniform box is misguided at best. There will be a spectrum for nearly every political/economic/social attribute, that people will fall under. Trying to define what "A" is, suggests a complete lack of understanding of the whole scenario, or people in general.

Administrator
    Per the NY Times:

Quote Originally Posted by New York Times
    In addition to cuts at the E.P.A. and the State Department, Mr. Trump's team is expected to propose a wide array of cuts to public education, to transportation programs like Amtrak and to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, including the complete elimination of the $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program, which funds popular programs like Meals on Wheels, housing assistance and other community assistance efforts.
    Billi, I think that's pretty much spot on what you're talking about in the "self-reliance" thing. Self reliance is all well and good, but there are people who literally are unable to leave their houses, and survive because of programs like Meals on Wheels. I think that's worth $10 a year of my tax money. Trump's team does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
    The notion that people fit in one uniform box, or the other uniform box is misguided at best. There will be a spectrum for nearly every political/economic/social attribute, that people will fall under. Trying to define what "A" is, suggests a complete lack of understanding of the whole scenario, or people in general.
    For example, many people I know would describe themselves as "socially liberal, fiscally conservative". But even that label is open to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
    I'm not the one who created those 2 boxes. I think Taimar and I can both agree that we could belong to either box.

There are plenty of liberals here and also plenty of conservatives out there. Can they define themselves? Or perhaps they are completely lacking in understanding themselves?

Anyway, do you have an idea of where you stand politically and do you properly understand your position? I think it's a given that I lack understanding, but I'm interested in knowing what you guys know...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Per the NY Times:

Billi, I think that's pretty much spot on what you're talking about in the "self-reliance" thing. Self reliance is all well and good, but there are people who literally are unable to leave their houses, and survive because of programs like Meals on Wheels. I think that's worth $10 a year of my tax money. Trump's team does not.
    I think there's a difference between self reliance and social safety net. We definitely don't want to see people fall off and die, but at the same time we shouldn't allow people to just stay on the safety net permanently.

I think republicans tend to take away the net too quickly and democrats tend to allow folks to stay on the net for too long. Where is the right balance? I don't know...