Page 2188 of 2205 FirstFirst ... 11881688208821382178218621872188218921902198 ... LastLast
Results 21,871 to 21,880 of 22045

Thread: Politics

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I thought these people were all about law enforcement and "bleed blue"...

Also seems like the sort of person who probably would prefer their social discourse to not involve politics.

Administrator
    Merrick Garland gave a pretty good press conference about the whole thing: https://www.c-span.org/video/?522316...unseal-warrant

General gist appears to be - he personally approved seeking the search warrant, a judge agreed that there was probable cause, and the main reason they haven't made much in the way of public statement is to protect the party that was subject to the search and their privacy. He also confirmed that Trump's counsel has a copy of the warrant as well as the receipt of what was taken and is free to share that, and that the DOJ filed to unseal the warrant and will release it themselves if Trump doesn't object.

Last I saw, a judge ordered the DOJ and Trump's counsel to meet and decide whether it can be released and have to have a decision by tomorrow.

Seemed like a pretty solid and matter-of-fact way of putting the ball back in Trump's court. As usual, won't really sway any MAGAts, but I doubt there's much you can do on that front.

Administrator
    The guy who attacked the FBI office in Cincinnati is Ricky Shiffer, who was killed in a standoff later in the afternoon. He was posting all sorts of things leading up to this on Truth Social calling for killing FBI agents and "using violence" because the courts are all corrupt. Was also there on January 6th. I haven't seen any evidence that he actually entered the capitol building, but he definitely went through police lines.

Pretty impressively efficient domestic terrorism pipeline we've got going here.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Donnie has a debt of blood on his tiny hands.

Don't quote me, but someone's going to him to collect, eventually.

It will get ugly.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Donnie has a debt of blood on his tiny hands.

Don't quote me, but someone's going to him to collect, eventually.

It will get ugly.
    Agree, but he just doesn't care cause he won't get penalized in any way.

Administrator
    Per the Washington Post

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndMoparMan View Post
    Agree, but he just doesn't care cause he won't get penalized in any way.
    Dude, what did I say about not quoting me???
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He was posting all sorts of things leading up to this on Truth Social.
    Oh thank God he was using Truth Social, and not one of those freedom hating anti-free speech platforms like Twitter or Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Per the Washington Post
    2 boxes containing various documents marked "Top Secret", along with other boxes containing various documents marked "Secret" and "Confidential" were seized in the FBI operation.
    acket.