Page 2132 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1132163220322082212221302131213221332134214221822232 ... LastLast
Results 21,311 to 21,320 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    W seems to not give any fucks anymore

In other news, we're all gonna get monkeypox now.

Mother Nature taking care of overpopulation?

I don't remember if I posted about this here, but recent changes in birth rates have slowed the estimated peak of global population, it could be well under the 10 Billion initially projected which is a good thing. At least they're estimating the peak that humanity won't go past (Things like access to medical care, better nutrition etc. actually lowers population growth and that's what we're seeing overall...let's thank the late great Hans Rosling for that education.) and that can be one less worrying factor in the grand scheme of the climate change (yes, that can also mean more used up resources by more countries becoming "first world"...a different argument.
    Polio outbreak in Malawi too, I think. (Mozambique maybe?)

Shit science had gotten under control is raging again. Fuck Trump and his anti science minions. And fuck billi.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post

Twenny years ago I was one of the few who were adamantly against the invasion of Iraq. I reiterated that Hans Blix didn't find ANY evidence of "weapons of mass destruction" and that there was NO justification for invading. (it's kinda fucking crazy to think that was in the early days of the internet as we know it!!!!) George W Bush with the epic Freudian slip.

I love my country but i'm also quick to criticize it where it's wrong. Not in the billi "i believe in free speech" way. WE OWE the Iraqis a fully rebuilt country. We. You. Me. We. We owe. Period. I didn't vote for that invasion, or the president that authorised it. A bunch of you didn't either, but we, collectively, through our military, fucked that country up big time. I would not be averse to paying a tax that would go to rebuilding that country. But the fuckers that profited of the invasion are the ones who really should bear the brunt of any kind of ... reparations. I don't even know if that is the right word.

And I really wish President Obama had prosecuted Bush for war crimes. I do. Didn't we use depleted uranium in some of the munitions there, and they ended up with a whole bunch of children born with deformities? Did we use the same kind of munitions in Syria? I don't know. Another fucking country we devastated although the reasons are murky. President Obama should have been man enough to NOT be goaded into being "tough on terror." Should he be prosecuted for war crimes as well. It's hard to say. I wouldn't argue against it.

It's crazy to think that fucking Trump is the only president with clean hands on the international front, in the last thirty years. Then again I shudder to think about the damage done to the climate by some of the things he rolled back. Fuck Trump.

This Ukraine thing, was not really our battle to fight and i'm glad Biden hasn't gotten us involved, although our munitions are involved, which, really, means we are involved.

Anyway, rant over.
    Not sure why you posted the video, but on this rare occasion I actually agree with what you’re saying 100%! That blew my mind too!

Anyway, foque you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yep. In another example of the outrage machine, people like Jesse Watters on Fox are calling kids "illegal babies" and Sean Hannity is showing pallets of powdered milk (labeled as not for kids under 1 year old) on his show and screaming that it's formula being kept from precious American babies.

You've also got Elise Stefanik, one of the higher ranked GOP members of the house, calling democrats "pedo grifters" while pretending to be outraged about the same thing.

The saddest part is that this outrage machine works. That, and a number of GOP people seem to be more than happy to incorporate QAnon ideas into their nonsense if it keeps their numbers up.
    A bunch of Republicans voted AGAINST a $28 million bill that would have gone to airboats the baby formula shortage.

The "pro life" party.

Junior Potato
    Aus federal election is tomorrow.

Will we get a change of government and dig ourselves out of this shit show, or will Australian voters step on their own dicks once again?

OK, I mean, guys, I disagree with Billi on a lot of stuff. But we can't blame him for EVERYTHING.

Yes we can ! Yes we can!

Administrator
    Speaking of the oneunderscore_ account I linked to earlier, thought this was a good thread from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Collins
    I want to tell a quick story.

The Buffalo shooter had a toothache.

You may have heard this by now, but the Buffalo shooter spent the six months before the shooting messaging himself on Discord.

He did it the same way you would email yourself a reminder. It was every stray thought he had for a half-year, archived as a sort of handbook.

In that Discord archive that's over 500 pages, the Buffalo shooter wrote about where he wanted to attack, his true motivations, even how badly he needed a haircut.

Minutes before the shooting, he sent it all to people he'd talked to on Discord, plus a livestream of his shooting.

The Discord archive are more illustrative than the manifesto itself, because it's what he actually believed, and not a knockoff term paper that plagiarized past mass shooters.

And, in it, one thing kept coming up.

The Buffalo shooter had a toothache he couldn't fix.

The Buffalo shooter apparently tried to get his bad tooth treated. He went to the dentist, and whatever the dentist tried didn't fix it.

He didn't, or couldn't, go anywhere else. He alluded to insurance problems.

But instead of blaming insurance or himself, he blamed the Jews.

The Buffalo shooter blamed the dentist, who he said was Jewish, but also Jews in general, who he was convinced were the cause of all his suffering.

He openly admitted he started feeling this way at the start of the pandemic, because of 4chan.

At the start of the pandemic, the Buffalo shooter said he moved over from 4chan's gun board to the white nationalist /pol/ board out of "extreme boredom."

He was inundated with the ideas that Jews were trying to "replace" whites on 4chan and social media, and he openly admits it.

Some other shooters read white nationalist literature, the dumb books like The Turner Diaries, which are posted as PDFs on 4chan.

But not the Buffalo shooter. He was a creature of the internet.

The middle of his manifesto is just copy-pasted antisemitic 4chan memes.

This is why the Buffalo shooter said he attacked the supermarket: He was, he said, "only shitposting in real life," serving a community of white nationalists he met online.

He was killing Black people because that community thought Jews were "replacing" white people with them.

Towards the end of his Discord archive, the Buffalo shooter was getting anxious. Initially he wanted to do the attack in March, but he kept pushing it back.

He wanted to do it soon, though, because he thought he would finally get help for his tooth from the healthcare in prison.

A new thing recently is to say that "disinformation" doesn't exist, that it's a "liberal" idea, or that it's masking real problems.

But disinformation is an accelerant. It provides facile, wrong, violent solutions to real problems that need solutions in our society.

Disinformation exists, and it exists mostly to shift the blame of infrastructural decay and resource limitations from the powerful to the powerless. (emphasis mine)

You can call it "information warfare" or "information operations" if you want, but it is real.

People are dead because of it.

The Buffalo shooter had a toothache.

He blamed Jews because his online community told him that they were the root of all evil.

He shot up a supermarket for revenge, but also because he wanted healthcare in prison.

Disinformation is real. So are the problems that make it seductive.

Like I said, if only we had better healthcare, mental and dental, maybe there'd be less white supremacists.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Like I said, if only we had better healthcare, mental and dental, maybe there'd be less white supremacists.
    We'd have less white supremacists if there weren't people trying to understand them like you coddling their feelings every goddamn where.

fuck billi.
    Last edited by neanderthal; May 20th, 2022 at 06:11 PM.

It is regrettable that the article's analysis is within a clickbaity "hook" which is likely to stoke emotions and cause outrage, and which is repeated several times throughout.