Page 1987 of 2005 FirstFirst ... 9871487188719371977198519861987198819891997 ... LastLast
Results 19,861 to 19,870 of 20041

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Saw on twitter that both Cori Bush and Jamaal Bowman were very opinionated about Biden extending the eviction moratorium. Have I mentioned I detest "the squad?" (i'm pretty sure I have the original squad members blocked.)

SCOTUS ruled that Biden couldn't. So thank everyone that didn't vote for Madam Secretary, which allowed the former guy to install 3 Supreme Court justices.

And, by the way, either/ both of them could have written the legislation when SCOTUS made that ruling, since SCOTUS said only Congress could do that. I hate the squads performative shit; go write some legislation and get it passed instead of whining to the media.
    Shot.

Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    While regurgitating every smear criticism from fox Democratic voters on Aoc no less
    Fixed that for you.

Just out of curiosity, if it's between AOC and Joe Manchin for a public office in your district, who would you choose to represent the DNC? And Why?

Let me answer my own question 1st. Of course I'd choose AOC because clearly she is way more DEMOCRATIC than Joe Manchin on pretty much every issues. I think AOC is even a bit too left for me; however, for sure Joe Manchin is just a Republican... not only that, he is part of the republican establishment. You know that by who he associate himself with... AOC is just more representative of common voters!

I'm anti-establishment 1st... because I believe regardless of political ideology, excessive money and power tend to corrupt. Between the 2 parties, I'd prefer the DNC over the GOP based on issues; however, I tend to believe the establishment is already in full control of both parties. All these political fights are essentially just a show to distract us voters...

Unless we find ways to stop the rich from influencing our politicians, I think we will continue to be stuck like this... in time, even AOC will become another Nancy Pelosi I think... because that's the pragmatic thing to do.

So maybe one way to reduce such influences is to make sure we don't have career politicians? Seriously, why do we need Bernie Sanders in the senate for this long to do absolutely nothing? Seriously, I think Bernie is like Frodo. It's not often to find a person with such unwavering integrity. Preaching the same message from the beginning and probably til the end of his career.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 3rd, 2021 at 10:59 AM.

Nina Turner. Fail.

Her who said of Biden "if you're offered a bowl of shit and half of it had already been eaten, so you don't have to eat the whole thing, you're still being offered shit."
    AOC and uncle grandpa couldn't get her over the line. And I'm ok with that.

It's been a minute since I've check in to this thread, and hey it's Mo and Billi fighting about pretty minor differences within the Democratic party, glad to see some things never change. Keep it up you two! <3

At the end of the day, both moderates and progressives have expressed interest in extending the eviction moratorium, or providing some other source of assistance. Moderates want it done through Congress because that's what SCOTUS said, Progressives get frustrated because nothing can go through Congress with Republicans existing, so they want the Executive Branch to be more aggressive.

Dems fighting with each other while Republicans look on in glee like Mister fucking Burns.
    Last edited by Jason; August 4th, 2021 at 07:26 AM.

Don't forget congress couldn't get things done thanks to folks like Manchin. Of course, we do have to thank Manchin for pretending to be a dem so that dems can have a majority.

Personally, I don't believe differences between dems and folks like Joe Manchin are that minor. Of course I understand Manchin isn't really a 'moderate', but way to the right! Still, it does appear that Biden is more willing to give in to people like Manchin rather Sanders. I do believe Biden should take on a more aggressive or stronger stand. I dunno, maybe I'm too biased, but that's just how I see it. Maybe Biden is just nice to him because he's a DINO and thankful that he gave dems the majority..., but as 'pragmatic' as that is, it's just kinda lame. We shouldn't need these type of fake politicians around. What's the point of having a majority in name only? What's the point of having a bunch of representatives... not really representing the people? Hey, we gotta be pragmatic... this is how we get it done... blah blah blah... sure, look at what we have accomplished so far. Are we proud of ourselves? Progressives exist because moderates have been too weak. I understand moderates are pissed off because it feels like the progressives are dragging them down..., but hey, GOP has the tea party wing... and Trumpists. It's not like they are totally and completely unified. Yet, they've achieved much more than the liberals. Something to think about.

Moderates refuse to admit that they done anything wrong... that they're only lousy because Sanders and AOC wouldn't shut the fuck up. Is that really true? If our differences are so 'minor', why couldn't we just agree and unify together so that we can beat the conservatives? I don't really know at this point. I can only thank God for Covid so that we could actually get rid of Trump. I still think Trump could've easily wont reelection without Covid...

Lastly, at least within this thread, it's Neanderthal constantly whining about AOC. Otherwise, I really had little motivation to post in this thread lately. I'm actually satisfied with Biden at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    It's been a minute since I've check in to this thread, and hey it's Mo and Billi fighting about pretty minor differences within the Democratic party, glad to see some things never change. Keep it up you two! <3

At the end of the day, both moderates and progressives have expressed interest in extending the eviction moratorium, or providing some other source of assistance. Moderates want it done through Congress because that's what SCOTUS said, Progressives get frustrated because nothing can go through Congress with Republicans existing, so they want the Executive Branch to be more aggressive.

Dems fighting with each other while Republicans look on in glee like Mister fucking Burns.

Eh, ... i'm mostly ignoring him.

As to; If it's not done properly the Supreme Court will strike it down. It's that simple.

And the former guy put three Supreme Court justices on that bitch. If only fewer people had voted third party in 2016...

Speaking of which, those that same people person bett'not be complaining about this eviction moratorium. The ballot was LITERALLY in their his hands ...

I keep telling you guys about what I'm seeing on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/WonderKing82/sta...129831425?s=19

Can't accept that their chosen candidate lost, so they've resorted to the trumpian "we were cheated."

A lot of us are now saying when they say Khive, they mean "the darkies."