Page 1737 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 7371237163716871727173517361737173817391747178718372237 ... LastLast
Results 17,361 to 17,370 of 24728

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Also, if the goal is to have more liberal votes, I wouldn't look for them in the Caribbean. Plantation societies lean conservative.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    What do you mean? I didn't say anything even remotely threatening to the esteemed Monarch of the United States. Just laughed at the pathetic attempt on his life.
    That's what you think, let the secret service decide!

Don't worry, I'm just kidding and I haven't reported you. I'm not like Roofer, who once implied he would report me to the US authorities for no good reason other than the fact that we were arguing at an Internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    That's what you think, let the secret service decide!
    I haven't searched anything about this letter situation, and I deliberately don't watch much news these days, but I've been wondering how she got caught. Return address on envelope? Fingerprints? DNA on the envelope adhesive where she licked it? Somebody dropped a dime?

I figured there's no good way I can search for these answers without having a hard time explaining to the SS what I was looking for.

Of course I'm not seriously worried, and yet, there's a little part of me saying discretion is the better part of curiosity these days...at least when it comes to methods of...well...'nuff said.

Could be any of those, or more likely she mailed it from her local post office and a was caught on camera dropping it into the slot. People who do really dumb crimes like this tend to be really dumb.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Anyway, what Harry Reid did back then was most certainly understandable. Just as today we might feel that Electoral College sucks and robbed Hillary Clinton the win back in 2016.

I guess it's difficult to say which rule is more right or which rule's broken, but I do get the feeling that somehow republicans are better at playing with existing rules to their advantage... and they also are better at changing the rule to their advantage. Republicans may appear dumb and deplorable, but they play this game better than the democrats for some reason...

Like I said, maybe it's better that they get this judge thing over with before the election. If we wait til after election, surely more conservatives will WANT to vote Trump in just because they want a conservative president nominate the next judge. Even Repulbicans against Trump will be forced to back Trump.

I most certainly don't want Trump for another 4 years. I can tolerate a conservative judge.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I'm not like Roofer, who once implied he would report me to the US authorities for no good reason other than the fact that we were arguing at an Internet forum.
    How do I not know this story?

Speaking of the electoral college, this came out on The Atlantic today. The Election That Could Break America. I think some of the arguments in the article are a bit flawed, but this caught my eye:

According to sources in the Republican Party at the state and national levels, the Trump campaign is discussing contingency plans to bypass election results and appoint loyal electors in battleground states where Republicans hold the legislative majority.
    The Atlantic is behind a paywall, but it is less annoying than others.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    How do I not know this story?
    This is my surprised face to read that Roofer would have threatened this [Random face]

You mean ?
    acket.