Page 1918 of 1940 FirstFirst ... 9181418181818681908191619171918191919201928 ... LastLast
Results 19,171 to 19,180 of 19400

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    The line (in donut theory) between hard left and hard right, is always amusing to find. Because on one topic they're vehemently opposed, on another they're in lock step. It's a circle of dumbfuckery.
    A bit like Billi's buddies from 2019 who dressed in black, claiming to FIGHT FOR FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY, but who were often more than happy to assault, beat the shit out of, and generally cause severe physical harm to anyone who expressed contrary opinions.

They did it while wearing black.

BTW what were Mussolini's militia, which "used violence and intimidation" against his opponents, called? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackshirts

Obviously every freedom and democracy fighter wears black like ninjas and enjoys kicking the shit out of you. That’s why ninja warriors are so popular in the US and yeah, we’re all buddies! Black Lives Matter! Ready to kick your ass if you don’t defund the CCP! Even Lewis Hamilton has turned black and kicked the shit out of his opponents! And yeah, he’s my buddy too!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 5th, 2021 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Look, Sanders pushed for $2000 chks, $15 min wage, and do this thru budget reconciliation quickly.

Biden settled for $1400, and lowered income limits... so if you made more than $80k in 2019 and got laid off in 2020, you’ll get no help. Biden also rolled over and gave up on $15 min wage because apparent he agrees with Manchin that it’s just impossible! There’s not even negotiations of $14 or $13 min wage? It’s just a flat out no increase. He couldn’t even convince Manchin a democrat to agree to living wage and he tried to pretend that he could win over Republican senators? Why even waste time on them? Why not spend more time with Manchin and the parliamentarian and see what kind of deals they can make so that they can end up making democrats look good?

Instead, when democrats can’t fulfill their promises, it’s always republicans’ fault, or Bernie Sanders fault... or people don’t know the nuances... such as sometimes parliamentarians can get in the way...

What democrats are telling people is that their political correct sounding promises are all just full of shit. We have to be pragmatic about that. In such a shitty world, at least we ought to sound less shitty by speaking political correctness to each other... aw... what a politically correct world! That’s the best we could do. if you get shit on, hey, it happens sometimes. You just have to accept that.
    The vote was 58 against and 42 for $15 an hour. 6 other senators besides Sinema and Manchin were lukewarm or against it. In other words, from their conversations with senators they knew the votes weren't there and it wouldn't pass.

What did the Democrats do, kept eyes on the ball, removed $15/ hr from the bill, and moved the covid measure through both houses. While Bernie stans throw their toys in fits of rage.

I think those last two lines sum up, ... a lot.

Bernie can whip the votes to make it pass. Bernie WON'T whip the votes to make it pass. Not only could he not get a single republican to vote for it, he couldn't get every democrat to vote for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    A bit like Billi's buddies from 2019 who dressed in black, claiming to FIGHT FOR FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY, but who were often more than happy to assault, beat the shit out of, and generally cause severe physical harm to anyone who expressed contrary opinions.

They did it while wearing black.

BTW what were Mussolini's militia, which "used violence and intimidation" against his opponents, called? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackshirts
    You think black and brown people should respect white supremacists?

I get trying to be respectful to opposing political views when its things like arguing over regulations, or taxes, or whatever. But you're talking about people protesting for the right to not be murdered due to the color of their skin, and "counter protestors" who believe in the genocide of anyone not white.

Edit: I assumed "dressing in all black" was a reference to BLM, but you might be talking about something else, if so, my bad

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yeah, YW and Billi have their own thing about Hong Kong protesters, the Chinese Communist Party, the western media's portrayal of those two sides and something else.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    And much like Mo's anti-Bernie sentiments, I've learned to avoid paying attention to those posts.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    You think black and brown people should respect white supremacists?

I get trying to be respectful to opposing political views when its things like arguing over regulations, or taxes, or whatever. But you're talking about people protesting for the right to not be murdered due to the color of their skin, and "counter protestors" who believe in the genocide of anyone not white.

Edit: I assumed "dressing in all black" was a reference to BLM, but you might be talking about something else, if so, my bad
    Yeah, to be fair to YW, I don't think he was equating people dressing in black as black lives.

However I do believe the situation is somewhat comparable. CCP nationalists believe they are superior and Xi is making China great again! Violent suppression of such dissenting voice is deemed acceptable. The pro-democracy folks in HK has become like Anti-Fa-like. They got nothing to lose by making trouble. They also felt like beating up supporters of CCP as justifiable... they wish to not only defund the CCP, but destroy it.

Every nation has it's similar troubles...

Personally, I do not condone violence.

Whatever you gained by beating somebody up, you'll eventually lose it when somebody else come beat you up.

Personally, I can respect the CCP if they become more democratic... at least less dictatorish... If Dalai Lama is afraid to go back home, something is obviously fucking wrong. Not just because Billi is confused.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 5th, 2021 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    The vote was 58 against and 42 for $15 an hour. 6 other senators besides Sinema and Manchin were lukewarm or against it. In other words, from their conversations with senators they knew the votes weren't there and it wouldn't pass.

What did the Democrats do, kept eyes on the ball, removed $15/ hr from the bill, and moved the covid measure through both houses. While Bernie stans throw their toys in fits of rage.

I think those last two lines sum up, ... a lot.

Bernie can whip the votes to make it pass. Bernie WON'T whip the votes to make it pass. Not only could he not get a single republican to vote for it, he couldn't get every democrat to vote for it.
    Dude, we don't have the fucking votes because our senators are bought and paid for by corporations!

As it is, we will NEVER have living wage passed. NEVER! No nuances there. NEVER!!!!

We need to expose these politicians. Let them vote on record! Let their constituents plainly see how fucking corrupt and out of touch they are.

We're not asking for much. We're only asking for living wages! Barely above poverty levels!!!

This may be our one and only shot at this. (Because as the way it is, nickle and diming the stimulus package to americans, dems will likely lose their slight majority during midterm just like before even budget reconciliation won't be any good anymore...) This is why I wanted Biden to fight harder as if he's fighting the Iranians... rather than just fold and say... oh well, we can't have it. Sorry American workers. Normalcy is earning slave wages for you. At least we don't have Trump now. Yes, I'm thankful for getting rid of Trump, but let's raise the level of normalcy a bit higher please... We're so close! You really believe Biden is pushing as hard as he could and there's just nothing else he could do?

If you were Biden, what would you do? Just laugh at Sanders and let $15 an hour dream die and just fight for it... when we actually have the votes? Just kick this thing down the road because you donít want to upset your donors? If you upset your donors, then itís game over for you... thatís the pragmatic way, right?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 5th, 2021 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Yeah, YW and Billi have their own thing about Hong Kong protesters, the Chinese Communist Party, the western media's portrayal of those two sides and something else.
    Ah, teaches me to speak up

Forum would wither and die if people donít speak up!