Page 1922 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 9221422182218721912192019211922192319241932197220222422 ... LastLast
Results 19,211 to 19,220 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    The flip side of the coin for these "stick this item into an otherwise unrelated bill" is the recent attempt to attach a "ban trans kids from school sports" clause to the covid relief bill. It only failed by one vote.

Regardless of what got stuck to a bill, isn’t that the way things are usually done anyway? Where was the parliamentarian ruling for that trans kids BS?

This was perhaps our one and only shot to get this done. Dems simply rolled over and gave up, some like Neanderthal actually blame it on Bernie...

I really am not optimistic that dems will gain more seats to pass it with enough votes in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Regardless of what got stuck to a bill, isn’t that the way things are usually done anyway? Where was the parliamentarian ruling for that trans kids BS?

This was perhaps our one and only shot to get this done. Dems simply rolled over and gave up,
    some like Neanderthal actually blame it on Bernie...
    Spoiler:

I really am not optimistic that dems will gain more seats to pass it with enough votes in the near future.
    Can you tell us who put it in the covid relief bill?

Bernie. He did it because budget reconciliation can give us the best chance of passing it. Biden wasn’t outright against it in the bill, just that he knew there will be opposition.

Bernie also did it because 2/3 of Americans approve of it. He’s not being tyrannical about it as if he’s doing something nobody wants or everyone hates.

Only people who hate him and it are people like you and the rich establishment who has grabbed most of our politicians by their pussies and balls.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 7th, 2021 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Bernie. He did it because budget reconciliation can give us the best chance of passing it. Biden wasn’t outright against it in the bill, just that he knew there will be opposition.

Bernie also did it because 2/3 of Americans approve of it. He’s not being tyrannical about it as if he’s doing something nobody wants or everyone hates.

Only people who hate him and it are people like you and the rich establishment who has grabbed most of our politicians by their pussies and balls.
    Wrong. As usual. I don't hate $15 an hour. I hate the methodology used to try and implement it, the potential for great loss was there in the failure of the entire bill, and Bernie decide fuck it, "i'm going to do it." Because it's all about him.

Wrong, it’s about those workers!

It’s the best chance we got and he went for it.

Unlike Biden, he knew he didn’t have the votes within his own party, yet he’d still waste time entertain gop senators trying to be bipartisan... why bother?

What was that about? Just for show?

Bernie, being all about getting it done quickly, recommended budget reconciliation... and might as well insert the popular bipartisan voter supported min wage in there because there’s just no way to pass that under normal circumstances...

Besides eliminating min wage increase, dems also couldn’t agree on everything in the Covid relief bill, right?

Why don’t you think Manchin made it all about him?

Had the dems pulled this off, 2/3 of Americans would’ve cheered loudly and dominating the midterm would be simple. Of course such popularity will result in drop of corporate donations. That is just unacceptable for the corporate moderates... they need the money more...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 7th, 2021 at 11:06 PM.

lol at your (as usual) faulty analysis.

Biden invited the Republicans to come and give their input on the COVID bill and see where they could agree and move forward in a bipartisan way. The Republicans came with a whack plan that was one third of what President Biden wanted and he said "thanks for your contribution," and STILL PASSED THE $1.9 trillion that he wanted. You're so busy trying to find areas where the Demoncrats are failing that you failed to realise that he got exactly what he wanted.

Was there more that could have been had, sure, but that was his floor. Concessions were made here and there to get his floor. He was there when he saw how a smaller than desired relief bill could take far longer to take effect when he was VP. He wanted his number to be X. "X" was a big number. He got X.

Maybe I’m just too stupid.

When Trump was in office, Biden wanted to give $2000 chks to Americans right away! That wasn’t what he really wanted?

What he really wanted was actually a smaller check and to less Americans and he used republicans and Manchin to achieve what he secretly wanted? Is that what you’re telling me?

I’m not trying to give you any analysis, just trying to understand the situation.

When 2/3 of Americans want something just, and congress refuse to deliver, what are we suppose to do?

Just accept it and remain chill and just wait until congress sees the light just as all the BLM protesters are doing? Don’t be upset at us cops! There are Neo nazis who are even way more racist than us! Defund them 1st!

How hopeful are you that congress will raise min wage? When do you think it’ll happen? How will it happen?

Also, Why do you think democrats will ever gain super majority in congress?

Obviously we do not have 2/3 of Americans being liberals.

My only 'analysis' would be that if dems do more of what conservative voters want, maybe dems could win more support that way. If dems don't attract more conservative worker's votes, somebody like Trump surely will.

Anyway, if you're right and I'm wrong, surely Dems will win big on the next mid-term.

But of course, although Biden achieved exactly what he wanted, because of Bernie the mother fucker, dems will now lose seats. Whatever happens, it'll probably be Bernie's fault, right?

Is there any way we can settle this? Prove it to both of us that one of us is right or wrong?

Probably not...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 8th, 2021 at 09:55 AM.

Junior Potato
    Latest Trump news: he is still losing the election. The losing continues. He just can’t stop losing.

https://twitter.com/marceelias/statu...032900608?s=21