Page 1381 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 3818811281133113711379138013811382138313911431148118812381 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,810 of 24780

Thread: Politics

We each have different positions. There can be info found in the sea of google results to support each of our positions. Google’s not going to tell us who’s right who’s wrong.

There are psychologists who would disagree with you and their names are not Billi. Yet, you refuse to even take a look. That psychologist also explained why things hasn’t been working. Why can’t you open up your mind just a little bit?

If something isn’t working, should we double down on it like trump? Or perhaps we should be more open to other approaches?

I thought I have a pretty opened mind, I still don’t know what info you presented to me which I rejected. It’s always been a one sided attacks and never about any meaningful discussions.

When you have the time and energy, read the link I provided and then send me links of evidences or just your explanations of why you think that psychologist is wrong and his approach won’t work. That be a much more meaningful discussion.

If you don’t want to put in the labor to improving racism, I’m pretty sure white supremacist won’t either. I guess it’ll be up to the Asian president who likes MATH to do something about it!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 17th, 2019 at 05:24 PM.

I, a black man, am not going to listen to a white man, your psychologist, telling me I should and shouldn't feel what I feel about racists billi. That should tell you the depth of his expertise on the matter.

But yeah, you want me to consider his fucking thoughts on the subject. I'm sure he drew from his lifetime of experiencing racism to reach his conclusions.

In conclusion, fuck his thoughts on the subject, i'll be godamn angry if I feel like it. Tone policing my emotions on racism is racist. That's my conclusion. And it's why I won't even consider anything he has to say.

You certainly have the right to be angry. To not be angry would not be normal... nevertheless, please don’t allow anger to cloud your judgement.

Author is a Jewish man. He doesn’t know what’s it like to be black, but he knows what’s it like to have his race’s lives to not matter. He’s also an expert on anti bullying. However he doesn’t teach bullies on how not be bullies but instead shows kids how not to be bullied.

Seriously, when you’ve cooled down enough and feel like having enough energy level to give a read, try it. Look forward to hearing your comments or even critiques.

For now, just get plenty of rest... we don’t want this to distract you from your work too much! Good nite.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    You certainly have the right to be angry. To not be angry would not be normal... nevertheless, please don’t allow anger to cloud your judgement.

Author is a Jewish man. He doesn’t know what’s it like to be black, but he knows what’s it like to have his race’s lives to not matter. He’s also an expert on anti bullying. However he doesn’t teach bullies on how not be bullies but instead shows kids how not to be bullied.

Seriously, when you’ve cooled down enough and feel like having enough energy level to give a read, try it. Look forward to hearing your comments or even critiques.

For now, just get plenty of rest... we don’t want this to distract you from your work too much! Good nite.

Quote Originally Posted by billi
    I still don’t know what info you presented to me which I rejected.
    This post is a prime example of me giving you information and you rejecting it.

It's not going to be read, ever; it's conclusions are wrong. The headline and lede tell me all I need to know. But here you are trying to convince me it has merit; because it aligns more with your dogmas. Just like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    And the second you're exposed to something contrary to what you believe you reject it for your preferred dogmas.

You are giving me rejection, not new information. I didn’t learn any new information from your recent posts.

My ‘dogma’ is actually both scientifically based and faith based. If you wish to continue to close your mind and refuse to learn, so be it. It’s perfectly fine to agree to disagree.

Have a nice day.

Administrator
    There's a reporter I've been following on Twitter for a while, Daniel Dale. He was with the Toronto Star, recently moved to CNN, and his main beat is covering Trump's "falsehoods". His live tweeting of Trump rallies/speeches are legendary. This was one of his tweets today:

Some subjects of Trump false claims last week:

Iran. Iraq. Afghanistan. China. North Korea. Venezuela. Canada. California. Democrats. Dorian. Wind. Air. An airport. The wall. Polls. Jobs. African Americans. Overdoses. Inflation. Washington Post.

Frankly, I no longer give a damn about Trump's falsehoods.

Can we, or maybe just you guys, discuss which democratic presidential candidate is the most truthiness of all? I know which candidate I like, but just wondering which ones you guys like so that we can conduct our own little GTX poll here.

Administrator
    I still do care, so

I like Warren.

Yeah, I know you’ve always paid very close attention, but after he has gotten away with so many falsehoods and BS... I just couldn’t care anymore. Since he’s seemingly unimpeachable, we’ll have to make sure he’s defeated come 2020.

Anyway, I really think Yang is the new Bernie. Although he probably won’t be the nominee just like Bernie 4yrs ago, but surely his message will continue on. Biden is already starting to sound like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Frankly, I no longer give a damn about Trump's falsehoods.
    We knew that when you proudly voted third party. You didn't care about anything except throwing your little tantrum in the voting booth. You and your ilk. Now we have Trump.

And you don't care. But then again, you never did.

That says a lot.
    Kids in cages. Don't care. Didn't care. Supreme Court. Don't care. didn't care. Reproductive rights. Don't care. Didn't care. Puerto Rico. Don't care. Didn't care. Flint. Don't care. Didn't care. I could go on and on and on.

I bet you call yourself a Christian too. Nah. You ain't.

Christ preached love and care for the poor, needy, hungry, homeless, etc.

The two parables I remind evangelicals who support Trump apply to you; the parable of the good Samaritan- how you treat the stranger in your land, the kids in cages I mentioned earlier. DACA/ dreamers/ whatever their title is. You didn't care. You still don't.

The parable of the sheep and the goats. Matthew 25; 31- 46. "“Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, and feed you; or thirsty, and give you a drink? When did we see you as a stranger, and take you in; or naked, and clothe you? When did we see you sick, or in prison, and come to you?’

“The King will answer them, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ Then he will say also to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you didn’t give me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and you didn’t take me in; naked, and you didn’t clothe me; sick, and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’

“Then they will also answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn’t help you?’

“Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you didn’t do it to one of the least of these, you didn’t do it to me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

The sad thing is, (I say this because I know you from years of observing your posts/ actions) rather than reflect on the meaning of these passages and how they apply in modern life, and how they apply in YOUR life, you'll find a way to justify your actions/ words. Introspection is something you lack. In fact i don't think it's something you lack so much as something you are incapable of.

Matt 7; 21- 23. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Christianity is ... grace, shown by a state of mind, and evidenced by actions. Words alone don't cut it. Actions alone don't cut it. Words reflected in actions are the archetype.

Anyway. Most of us care. Most of us did care. Most of us feel the burden of those poor people escaping terror, lawlessness, etc in South America. Making the trek across Mexico to get to our borders to try and gain admittance. Some of us do what we can. Some of us don't. Some care. Some don't.

Cest la vie.