Page 1145 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1456451045109511351143114411451146114711551195124516452145 ... LastLast
Results 11,441 to 11,450 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Billi.

I don't live in a "liberal bubble." I live in the real world, as a black person and as an immigrant. My name is Mo and everyday I get asked if it's short for Mohammed.

I live with the effects and consequences of bigotry and hate every single day. I'm not interested in any discourse with someone who is willing to overlook the hate, vitriol, disparagement, violence etc that is espoused by Trump et al. That's a non starter; it's not negotiable.

Justice Kennedy is retiring, in case you didn't hear. Which means the Supreme Court gets a new Justice, most likely appointed by Trump. I don't think you fathom the depth of that last sentence.

But this is your friendly reminder that every vote matters. Except for fucking protest votes.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    And keep in mind how much everyone was freaking out that Obama might do his duty as President and select a justice for the Supreme Court. Now Trump is on his second pick.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

Mo.

My point is not all conservatives nor trump supporters are as you described.

Some of them are simply as scared as you to see Obama or Hillary nominate their Supreme Court justices... and simply voted for Trump purely because they can't stand Hillary, not because they genuinely love that pussy grabber.

By ignoring a specific group entirely, you are effectively in a bubble that exists in the real world. It's easy to live in a bubble nowadays.

Conservatives are probably rejoicing now that their votes really matter! However, at the end of the day, a Supreme Court justice just isn't a presidents puppet.

If the court now decides we're pro-life, I'd thank God because for sure God is pro eternal life.

If the court decides pro-choice, I'd also thank God because God is also definitely pro-choice because Adam and Eve was given free will to choose.

No matter which way the court decides, I'm okay with it.

I know current prevailing attitude is if the political opposition gets their way then it's the end of the world....

It's only the end of the world if Jesus returns or asteroids or nuclear missiles rain down on us. Even if those things happened..., that's okay. Hopefully we'll move on to a better world.

Want to make our current world better?

You mother foquen talk to your opposition as if they are your neighbors dammit! Not asking you to compromise your values, but just try to be friends. Surely you have friends with different values? Not even asking you to become best friends here...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 29th, 2018 at 12:03 PM.

Fuck that shit!

I will not abide those that excuse or accept racism and hate. And EVERY SINGLE Trump VOTER thought those were not a problem.

And I have no problems comparing them to "good Germans" during Hitlers regime either. We're Their illegitimate government is separating children from their parents for fucks sakes. And sending them to concentration camps.

I don't care what their reasoning for voting the way the they did was. To them a little racism, misogyny and hate was acceptable. I can't overlook that.

Plenty of conservatives think family separation is unacceptable, which made trump to reverse his position with another order to stop it... of course not sure how they'll reunite the already separated one...

Anyway, not all trump supporters are alike. Keep staying in your bubble then.

Did I say they were all the same? I said they all overlooked racism, misogyny, etc. Don't put words in my mouth.

A lot of conservatives like to talk a big game about family values but dig deeper and they have a lot of skeletons in their closet. their rhetoric doesn't always match their actions. Like cutting food benefits for needy families.

The ones defending this heinous child separation thing: conservatives. All baying the same "if they break the law..." nonsense, with nary an understanding of how asylum works.
    You can't ask for asylum until you're on American soil.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Heading to the polls ATM, going to cast my vote for PEACE!
    acket.

acket.

acket.