Page 1943 of 1943 FirstFirst ... 9431443184318931933194119421943
Results 19,421 to 19,424 of 19424

Thread: Politics

Down ballot red State candidates probably did more to help Biden than hinder.

Link.

Is it, maybe, national pancake day?

Why yes it is, time for flipping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    1942 pages of Mo and Billi arguing about relatively small differences while the real enemy laughs like Mr. Burns
    Our fight is pretty much like the fight between Pelosi and AOC. It's a pretty healthy fight between pragmatism and idealism. I don't believe Pelosi has anything against AOC's ideals and passions because she's been there and done that herself.

However, has pragmatism really been that helpful? Sure, you could laugh at Bernie and AOC for passing 0 bills, but let's look at the pragmatic side: how often are the dems a majority? How many supreme court justices have we confirmed?

Why won't the voters ever vote for the dems and give them sufficient power to truly get things done(Not comparing to Bernie and AOC but comparing to the GOP)? I can't believe majority of voting Americans are all like roofer.

Why is it so easy for AOC to raise millions of dollars, not just for her campaign, but for Texans in deep freeze?

Bernie and AOC has achieved an alternate path forward. Dems don't need corporate money in order to just hang in there in congress. Put people first and people will respond with their votes and possibly money for you.

Do things with your heart and it'll resonate with people. If all you are thinking about is pragmatism, nobody care about what you've done.

I think it took a president who had a son who served in the military to realize that America doesn't need to be in a forever war. Most other presidents just trusted the military lobbyists that forever war is the right thing to do... When your heart isn't in it, it's easy to be swayed by lobbyists to do what you think is the most pragmatic thing... What is pragmatic? Saving and protecting and improving your political career or the lives of americans? (Besides trading stocks, public office holders really should NOT make politics their life long careers... go do something else too!)

Anyway, maybe I'm celebrating too soon about ending the forever war. I'll truly celebrate when we actually pull out. Nevertheless, I do believe Biden has some heart. I kinda doubt Hillary would want to pull out. We gotta fight for women's rights in Afghanistan, right? Hey, I can be pragmatic. Let Afghans fight their own fight. We don't need to police the world, given our track record at policing.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; Today at 08:06 AM.