Page 1425 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 4259251325137514151423142414251426142714351475152519252425 ... LastLast
Results 14,241 to 14,250 of 24777

Thread: Politics

This sums up my political feelings very well.

"I have little patience for people who treat the outcomes of elections merely as an intellectual exercise and not as something that presents profound material harm// to an enormous amount of people.

It remains evident that many of the people given large platforms have little social or emotional proximity to those that have the most to lose.
    It's ... analysis that remains abstract rather than urgent. It's commentary devoid of a connection to the most vulnerable."

Yep, considering the harm Trump has done in Afghanistan vs harm done in Ukraine, which deserves more attention?

Naturally we need to pay more attention to Ukraine and turn a blind eye on the money and lives wasted over the past 18 years all the while making problems worse over there.

Removing Trump won’t solve the root problem that caused Trump to rise in the 1st place.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    For nearly three years, Stephen Miller has used his White House seat to orchestrate the most extreme anti-immigrant agenda in almost a century. But he hasn’t done it alone.

A loose network of lawyers and advisers embedded throughout the Trump administration has worked closely with Miller to carry out the daily effort of pushing through draconian and often inhumane policies like separating migrant families at the border, detaining young migrants in cagelike facilities, and drastically reducing the number of immigrants allowed entry into the country. In other words, Miller, with his white-nationalist mindset and fervor to enact xenophobic policies, is far from an isolated actor. He’s the leader of a broad operation spread across the federal government.

Newly released emails provided to Rolling Stone offer a glimpse of the working relationship between Miller and one of his internal allies and fellow ideologues: a senior adviser at Immigration and Customs Enforcement named Jon Feere. Feere has been a fixture in Miller’s immigration working group where new ideas for cracking down on immigration get conceived. Reading the emails, Feere comes across like Miller’s point man inside ICE, enjoying unfettered access to arguably the most influential aide in the Trump White House, working long hours to advance the administration’s extreme and often inhumane immigration policy.
    In the emails, Feere strategizes with Miller about how to use the federal government to amplify their anti-immigration message; tees up potential attacks on prominent Democratic politicians; directly briefs Miller in great detail about upcoming enforcement actions and policy changes in the works; and recommends to Miller people the administration should hire to expedite its immigration agenda. The emails also show that on at least one occasion Feere bypassed his superiors at ICE to deliver updates and advice directly to Miller.

“Stephen Miller didn’t cut ties with the extremists when he joined the government — he brought them with him,” says Austin Evers, executive director of American Oversight, a government watchdog group run by former members of the Obama administration. American Oversight first obtained Feere’s emails through a Freedom of Information Act request and provided them to Rolling Stone.

Continue reading.
    acket.

Orland Jones fired from American Gods. He says that “the new Season 3 showrunner is Connecticut born and Yale-educated, so he’s very smart, and he thinks that Mr. Nancy’s angry, get shit done is the wrong message for black America. That’s right, this white man sits in that decision-making chair and I’m sure he has many black BFFs that are his advisers and made it clear to him that if they did not get rid of that angry god Mr. Nancy, he’d start a Denmark Vesey uprising in the country.”

acket.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That whole thing is fucking bonkers. You'd think that the GOP would be mad in that Bevin is likely lining his own pockets while hammering a few nails in the GOP's coffin there, but I think the GOP are better at estimating the average voter's attention span than the rest of us.

I don't think they give a shit about him, actually. They need to focus/clear their guy. McConnell openly saying "we will coordinate with the president's legal" and "this president will NOT be removed" ahead of the trial he's supposed to be impartial.....

Fuck. Them. All.

There should be a lot more people fucked off about this than seems to be.

I can only surmise that Epstein had shit on almost all of them, as well as many, many other "big" people. That's why he was suicided.

There's simply no other logical explanation as to their blind puffing and defense of everything he does. He's not even a Republican for fuck's sake. If it is solely for party/power/control, I'd be honestly surprised. They're all willing to throw their careers down the shitter and go down with the ship that he's aimed towards ice bergs and broke off the throttle and steering wheel....

If it's not to save their own ass because he has shit on them, they're all lemmings. Fucking Lemmings.

Administrator
    I'm really, really wary of any conspiracy theory, including ones about Epstein. Our jails are rife with suicides, and he was a narcissist who would do just about anything to avoid having to actually answer for his crimes, so him committing suicide doesn't seem shocking in the slightest. The last thing we need is for all of us to go QAnon.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; December 14th, 2019 at 07:56 PM.

I'm really, really wary of any conspiracy theory, including ones about Epstein. Our jails are rife with suicides, and he was a narcissist who would do just about anything to avoid having to actually answer for his crimes, so him committing suicide doesn't seem shocking in the slightest. The last thing we need is for all of us to go QAnon.
    Russia then? The pee tape, and others on Trump, and who knows what on the rest of the Republicans? The funneling of money through the NRA. Lindsey Graham has become Trumps lapdog. Don't get me started on McConnell, a lifelong politician who is, seemingly willing, to watch his lifetimes work crash and burn just to support this ... puppet. Ted Cruz who famously said in the GOP primary ...

Ah fuck it. Fuck em all. And fuck the people that put them in power including third party voters!

Female Masturbatory Aid

Don't get me wrong, it may very well have been legit (he was an amazing piece of shit, and maybe the guilt caught up to him). It just seemed "convenient" that it was within 72 hours of being put in jail, and his suicide watch "was not there at that time".

Just reminds me of one of Putin's opponents a few years ago that got killed, (by whom? wink), by being shot just as a garbage truck passed between him and the CCTV camera across the street.

Convenient.

One conspiracy I'm starting right now, is that Ivanka was the meat in the fuck club sandwich.

and Eric watched.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Ivanka was the meat in the fuck club sandwich.

Plausible.
    acket.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Russia then? The pee tape, and others on Trump, and who knows what on the rest of the Republicans? The funneling of money through the NRA. Lindsey Graham has become Trumps lapdog. Don't get me started on McConnell, a lifelong politician who is, seemingly willing, to watch his lifetimes work crash and burn just to support this ... puppet. Ted Cruz who famously said in the GOP primary ...

Ah fuck it. Fuck em all. And fuck the people that put them in power including third party voters!
    Well, there's a difference between things that are corroborated by evidence. It was a conspiracy by the Russians to try to interfere with our election and keep Hillary out of the White House. It's a conspiracy *theory* that Ukraine did it.

When it comes to Epstein's suicide, there's a defense lawyer that I follow reasonably closely and he points out that people commit suicide in jail all the time, including when they're under suicide watch. We have a for-profit prison system that doesn't give the slightest fuck about the people incarcerated there.

The other reason I'm hesitant to think there's a conspiracy with Epstein is have you seen the people who might be behind it try other conspiracies? I think the only reason this country isn't currently on fire is because the people trying to grift it are way dumber than they think they are.