Page 1148 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1486481048109811381146114711481149115011581198124816482148 ... LastLast
Results 11,471 to 11,480 of 24777

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    • An unnamed candidate for U.S. Congress contacted them and was able to obtain hacked emails in 2016.
    • An unnamed "then-lobbyist" and purveyor of online political news contacted them and was able to obtain hacked emails
    • No attempts appear to have been made on Clinton's own emails until the exact day when Trump, in a news conference on the campaign trail in Florida, said that he hoped the Russians would hack in there and find those missing emails.
    • Appears to debunk the whole "Seth Rich" theory, there was no inside job.
    • Wikileaks was coordinating with Guccifer 2.0, specifically to try to sow discord between Sanders supporters and Clinton supporters.
    I'm not saying that's collusion, but how is that not collusion. Or at least illegal some way.

His exact words: “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

Also, I'm sure that Roger Stone has to be involved. Wasn't he BFF's with Guccifer?

Administrator
    I don't necessarily think Cheeto Jesus is great at a lot of things, but maintaining plausible deniability is one of the things he is good at. He just said that he "hopes" they can "find the missing emails", then doesn't promise a reward, but only hints that you might get one from another party that's unconnected to him.

My thinking is that there's no doubt at all that there is collusion between at least some members of his campaign and other members of the GOP and the Russian government. The questions are whether they knew it was the Russian government or really thought they were going through some rogue hacker named Guccifer 2.0, and whether or not Trump himself knew of any of this. When it comes to the latter, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if it turns out he never knew about any of this, and was wandering along Mr. Magoo-like while his underlings were elbow deep in Russian shenanigans.

Yeah, I agree with that.

Though knowing whether it was the Russian government vs. just some hacker, IMO is mostly irrelevant.

Clinton's emails led to nothing.

I do sincerely hope Trump investigations won't also drag on and turned to nothing after that dude served 2 terms. If we can't get rid of him right now, I do hope he at least won't be able to run for a 2nd term.

Anyway, point is they need to get this investigation done in a meaningful time frame... and DNC also needs to nominate better candidates and stop blaming people like me for being duped by the Russians and wikileaks. Hillary and Sanders really should've worked together more and perhaps sooner... It really shouldn't be that hard to defeat pussy grabbing Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Meuller's brought 12 indictments against Russian nationals, acting under the name Guccifer 2.0, for spearphishing DNC volunteers to get ahold of emails and attempting to hack Clinton's own emails. Notable bits:

• An unnamed candidate for U.S. Congress contacted them and was able to obtain hacked emails in 2016.
    • An unnamed "then-lobbyist" and purveyor of online political news contacted them and was able to obtain hacked emails
    • No attempts appear to have been made on Clinton's own emails until the exact day when Trump, in a news conference on the campaign trail in Florida, said that he hoped the Russians would hack in there and find those missing emails.
    • Appears to debunk the whole "Seth Rich" theory, there was no inside job.
    • Wikileaks was coordinating with Guccifer 2.0, specifically to try to sow discord between Sanders supporters and Clinton supporters.

I also saw someone reporting that he has transferred this indictment to be under the national security division of the DOJ, which means firing him wouldn't do much good.
    Important to note, said nationals are members of Russia's intelligence agency, GRU. (basically their version of the CIA, iirc)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Important to note, said nationals are members of Russia's intelligence agency, GRU. (basically their version of the CIA, iirc)
    GRU is also under military control.

It'd be kinda cool to see James Bond or Jason Bourne indicted in their next movies. Wonder how they'll get out of that predicament!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Do you have an electoral college style system or a popular vote system?

Cause in one case we did not choose "an elitist demagogue".
    It was in response to Rolling Stone's article's presumptions that our president elect is Trump-like. There was also an Obama-era bigshit who wrote an opinion piece under the same thesis. Yes, AMLO is a populist, but populism is a plural noun and populisms have different meanings across the world. Much like liberalisms.

On the other hand, I think Trump is a demagogue (as in he'd say what he thinks people will support) and an elitist, because well, his policy speaks for itself.
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so apparently lots of people are upset to learn that Elon Musk donated to a republican Super PAC....except he also donated to democrats PACs also (Honestly I didn't dive into details).

I'm 100% not surprised by this. If you're going to "play the game", most billionaires play both sides...whatever they can do to exert influence to their cause, it's just bothering me when they only report that he donated to the Republican side and not both.

I'm also NOT a fan of PACs, super PACs or the tons of money that goes into politics, but I also don't believe that donating to one or both as a billionaire doesn't mean you support their policies as much as it is to sway influence. I mean that's entirely what lobbyists do...push money to sway political agendas.

If democrats can stay in power, surely he'll give more to democrats.

With solar, EV tax credits and missions to space station, he has to dabble in politic.

Too bad he's not born in the US, for sure he'll make a much better billionaire president.