Page 1064 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 64564964101410541062106310641065106610741114116415642064 ... LastLast
Results 10,631 to 10,640 of 24728

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Oh, the tweet was supposed to be a quote from an op-ed in the NY Post. The article said "consequential".

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Why is it so difficult to get rid of this guy? It seems there are numerous things he could be charged with.

What ever happened to his sexual assault charges, again?
    Republicans control both houses. They could have brought impeachment charges against him on day one for emoluments. But they want to advance their rob the country of social security and Medicare first.

Greed Over People. Republicans are scum.

Administrator
    Two republican congressman from CA (Royce and Issa) have both announced they're retiring after this term.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Would that be because they don't want to lose to a democrat or because the sort of money to run under these conditions would get them too deep in debt?
    acket.

Administrator
    Neither of them, as far as I know, have said why they're doing so. That said, CA repubs are under fire because a lot of them voted in favor of the tax bill which will hit CA (and any other state with higher state income taxes and property values) particularly hard. Then again, Issa was one of only two republicans in this state that voted against the tax bill, so that can't totally be it. Also of note, the tax bill took away federal assistance for homes lost in wildfires, and Royce voted for that tax bill while a bunch of the state was currently on fire, so that didn't make him all that popular.

I don't think that it's the money issue though, I have a feeling both of those two have made plenty of money over the years from lobbyists, I don't get the impression that they're hurting. My cynical thought was with Royce on the tax bill and both of them when it came to net neutrality, they probably collected the money they wanted from lobbyists and are getting out. My personal theory that this current administration/cabinet is basically "get everything you can out of it and then get the fuck out before you have to face the consequences". Every favor you can give to big money corporate donors, then retire.

Yuuuup.

I can't believe people can be this short sighted... to think that getting lobbyist money and then just retire? Even if all of the financial exchanges happens offshore somewhere..., unless they move out of the country, how will they be able to enjoy all that money in the US?

Plus, a truly corrupt politician would probably want the money and to maintain power... and not retire when they don't have to...

I tend to think these Republican congressmen probably just thought that their chance of reelection is low thanks to Trump.

We just don't have that many roofers around CA.

(R)Mimi is in my district (#45). And there's been heavy pushback against her. I donated to her Democratic rivals campaign twice already. Her Facebook page exploded when she (or someone on her team) wrote about her support and approval of the tax reform bill. Almost all of the comments against her are negative. And she's repeatedly refused to hold town hall meetings.

Issa wasn't exactly hurting for money though.
    Darrell Issa - Net worth $436,500,015 (est.2014)