Page 1729 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 7291229162916791719172717281729173017311739177918292229 ... LastLast
Results 17,281 to 17,290 of 24769

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I agree with the woman you quoted, Bill. The "playing chicken with nature" is specially visible on that video currently doing the rounds on social media, the one at a Target store in Florida.
    acket.

People just aren't properly scared of this thing. If people died like, say, an ebola victim, people would take it more seriously.

Grasping for air, for days on end, sure sounds like a fucking terrible way to go.
    acket.

Also, people seem to think that only the acute cases are grave.

This fucking thing can come in mild, chronic, "I'll punch a hole thru your heart", "I'll destroy your mesentery" or "I'll make parts of your brain go dark, forever" flavors.
    acket.

I think certain issues of perception may stem from the use of relatively neutral terms such as "Oxygen" and "Ventilator".

I have a friend who was in pretty much all of the high-risk categories, got it in England, and who was given Oxygen. He was not in good shape during that period and took several weeks to recover.

As for "Ventilator", there may be a misconception in some areas (hopefully not on this forum) that once you are hooked up to one, you are able to happily relax and sit back there in bed while reading a magazine or playing some tap tap game on a tablet, surfing FaceGramInstaBook or whatever. The truth is that a tube gets stuck down your throat and you are actually on life support.

Junior Potato
    And they lay you face-down and put a tube up your wee-wee and tape a bag to your arse to collect the diarrhea which they replace once a day because you're being fed via a separate tube in your stomach.

Yeah, there's that bit too. I guess most Hollywood movies/TV series leave out those inconvenient bits. From watching those, anyone who's on oxygen, whether via nose or mask, is absolutely fine except for being somewhat frail. Apart from the 3 minutes where the heart rate stops and BP rises and then URGENT SHIT HAPPENS.

A bit like how you know when you watch those series/movies about lawyers and judges, and they don't actually show the hours and days spent sitting in a room poring over bundles of documents, looking at books, and typing (including on internet forums about unreality, during a break from the other stuff and playing tap tap games). I suppose that wouldn't make very good TV/movie.

About the only US city similar to Asian or European cities is probably on the east coast such as NY city. For places like LA, we're pretty separated with our mostly single house homes and our own cars to go places... so the only place in US that got a good scared was NY.

Not to mention in the Red States, populations are even more sparse and since the spread began mostly in coastal blue states 1st, it's easy for them red states to let their guard down pretending it a hoax.

We also set up a lot of temporary hospitals and a lot of them weren't put into use..., so perhaps the great work done by our medical professionals also contributed to some people thinking things are not as bad as reported?

Anyway, our political discord is the main reason why we're the greatest Covid nation on earth. Divided we fall, this is true with everything, not just with coronavirus.

Administrator
    Another relative who's generally pretty level-headed just started posting things about how Bill Gates is making vaccines that permanently alter your DNA and is trying to make them compulsory.

This is getting really scary.

Just heard the news that Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died