Page 1333 of 2479 FirstFirst ... 3338331233128313231331133213331334133513431383143318332333 ... LastLast
Results 13,321 to 13,330 of 24786

Thread: Politics

Fuck off with your both sides of your mouth talk billi.
    Bussing is an identity politics issue.

"Enough with identity politics..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I would prefer the debates not focus on Trump. I don't think of it as a circular firing squad, I think of it as a way to find the best candidate for the job. I would prefer that it not be particularly negative/be based on bashing other candidates, but if it does go that way then I just hope that it's based on criticizing their policy positions. If it's just focused on defeating Trump then that just makes it seem like nobody actually has a vision for America or any policy plans.

And Pelosi is being an absolute idiot, IMHO.
    And that's exactly what Kamala was doing to Biden.

Thankfully there are lots of policies on Kamala's website, same for Castro and Warren. Unfortunately the media (I hate that they end up being the boogey man) often dictates whats being discussed.

[sidebar]Did anybody notice that it was the visits to the concentration camps and the outrage over the prisoners (lets call them what they are) being forced to drink water out of the toilet) that pre empted Trumps little outburst? And now hardly anybody is talking about the conditions in the concentration camps. He's a champion media manipulator and they fall for his shit every time. King of the strawman.
    They, the fucking media, are asking if Trump is a racist, when they've been using linguistic gymnastics the last few years to call him a liar. Meanwhile we've ALWAYS KNOWN he's racist, and he's said/ done many things that didn't leave that in doubt, from refusing to rent to black people, the Central Park 5, birtherism, "they don't send their best, they send rapists and gangsters," to labelling an entire continent "shithole countries," referring to avowed racists as "fine people (on both sides,") his Muslim bans, etc etc etc. Theres a litany of things said and done that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt his bigotry. But yeah, Hillary was worse, right? [/sidebar]
    Anyway, he's good for letting us know who the racists are. We see them, standing by, sitting by, saying nothing.

Edit; did y'all catch the objection from the member of Congress from Georgia over Rep Eric Swalwell quoting Trump, saying "shithole countries?" Did any of you catch his objection when Trump originally said it? Suddenly it's objectionable when someone else says it?

I used to go hard for Bernie, if you recall, i like his positions, but homie didn't. do. shit. in his entire time in the Congress or the Senate. Literally didn't do anything but name post offices. All hat no cattle. All bark no bite. All bluster and finger wagging, no actual action. 40 fucking years! Named post offices! Dassit. No thanks Bernie. Sit down. And by that I mean fuck right off. And when you get wherever that is, fuck off some more.
    Last edited by neanderthal; July 16th, 2019 at 10:32 PM.

Administrator
    Agreed about what Kamala was doing. She was describing how his policy decisions affected or would have affected her, so I think it's perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Fuck off with your both sides of your mouth talk billi.
    Bussing is an identity politics issue.

"Enough with identity politics..."
    You should’ve joined the discussion earlier.

I was asking if the liberals here if they truly believe busing is an important issue.

If Harris were not bused to another school, would that dramatically alter her future?

I’ve concluded that busing really isn’t an important issue in the overall scheme of things... and using it as an illustration of how pointless such identity politicking is.

You understand where I’m coming from?

Anyway, do you believe busing was a good policy that healed racial tensions? Also, was Harris really that critical of the busing policy or just telling him that it was hurtful to see Biden work with other segregationists?

To me, busing or no busing probably makes little difference. Racial tension just won’t be improved with busing. But since segregationist don’t want it, hey, let’s just do it to piss them off! They’ve oppressed us long enough, it’s about time that we can use power of congress to oppress them back!

Anyway, bottom line is that identity politics is stupid. Liberals continue to fall for it... and I do agree with Biden that busing was a train wreck. Racial tensions most likely only got worse because of it.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 16th, 2019 at 11:54 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post

I used to go hard for Bernie, if you recall, i like his positions, but homie didn't. do. shit. in his entire time in the Congress or the Senate. Literally didn't do anything but name post offices. All hat no cattle. All bark no bite. All bluster and finger wagging, no actual action. 40 fucking years!
    I think that's a political statement from your part, Mo. In my mind you're an ardent Hillarist. So i can't quite reconcile what you say now with what you said before as a "shift" in position, I think you're overstretching the concept of truth there.

As for Sanders not doing shit, I think that discussion is in need of evidence-backed arguments, I wouldn't believed he'd be ranked so highly by the ACLU if he was just a seat warmer. That link came from the govtrack URL you posted.
    acket.

Yeah, I was going to ask him about that too, but figured I'll deal with one thing at a time.

That govtrack site does show Bernie to have a very low leadership score, but I didn't see anything to indicate that Bernie didn't do anything. Not sure how Neanderthal got his ideas. Even if Bernie did absolutely nothing in congress, why the animosity? Is it necessary to tell him to fuck off and fuck off some more simply because he didn't do anything? What about those who actually pass laws to hurt black lives? What should be done to those folks?

Anyway, Neanderthal, I think you need to calm down a bit... or at least explain to us exactly why you hate him so much? Simply because Billi loves him? Or because he hurt Hillary's chances?

As for Bernie's low leadership score, I guess being so far left, it's understandable none of his colleagues are willing to let him take the lead on anything...

Even Harris has higher leadership score than Bernie... how sad... Warren has a much higher leadership score... so perhaps Warren will be able to do a better job in the oval office... while having similar progressive ideals. Hmm..., so I think for me now, it's probably between Mayor Pete and Warren.

Will you start to hate those 2 candidates now Neanderthal?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 17th, 2019 at 09:27 AM.

Administrator
    According to govtrack, their leadership score comes from basically a version of Google Pagerank based on primary sponsorship of bills vs. co-sponsorship. The specific example there is:

Quote Originally Posted by govtrack
    The idea behind a leadership score is that if X consponsor's Y's bills but Y does not cosponsor X's bills, then X is a follower relative to Y being a leader.
    I think he gets high rankings from groups like the ACLU based on both bills he's sponsored (whether they pass or not) and his voting record on other people's bills.

That seems to gibe with the general criticism that I've heard of him but haven't really taken the time to fully verify on my own. His values appear to coincide pretty well with mine, but there's question as to how effective he would be as President. I think as long as Mitch McConnell is around, that's a reasonably big concern. FWIW, it's also why I think anyone who says that Biden is uniquely qualified to work across the aisle and break partisan gridlock is full of shit, otherwise where was he from 2009 to 2017?

Well, Biden was stuck in between Barack and Mitch. Who knows, maybe as the real president, he will be able to work better with Mitch but then end up hurting Harris' feelings.

Anyway, 2 sides really need to find a way to work better together somehow. Of course, I don't really know how..., but I think first off, half of Americans have to try to be more understanding of the other side, rather than just think that they should fuck off.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 17th, 2019 at 09:36 AM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Well, Biden was stuck in between Barack and Mitch. Who knows, maybe as the real president, he will be able to work better with Mitch but then end up hurting Harris' feelings.

Anyway, 2 sides really need to find a way to work better together somehow. Of course, I don't really know how..., but I think first off, half of Americans have to try to be more understanding of the other side, rather than just think that they should fuck off.

I'm not sure who you're talking about because half of America seems to think the other half should go back where they came from. Which is another way of saying fuck off!

No, not quite half of the country in that case.

68% of Americans found Trump tweet offensive. 32% is way less than half. https://www.vox.com/2019/7/17/206977...-tweet-polling

Further, even if all 32% of them are unamerican racists, what should be done to them if you have the power? If we can't send them back where they came from, then maybe lock them up in concentration camps or gas chambers?

We don't have to sink to their same low levels. It'd be better to help raise them to a higher level. Legislations such as busing kids around town just won't help resolve any grown up issues. Need to find better ways to unfuck ourselves.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 17th, 2019 at 10:11 AM.