Page 1728 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 7281228162816781718172617271728172917301738 ... LastLast
Results 17,271 to 17,280 of 17418

Thread: Politics

AnCaps don't usually think that far down the line. They tend to be pretty sure that "I did all this on my own, I'd have done even better without the government taking my money to build roads and educate children."
    I generally refer to them as Neofeudalists, both because its accurate and its funny.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Only real saving grace for ancaps is that a few of them eventually realize the ideology is bullshit when they graduate middle school. The rest are lost cause.

So as far as I can tell Trump's claim that the Republican states of America have a world-enviable death rate isn't even a trick of numerology or anything. It appears to be just a claim, made without demonstration of calculation or even definitions.

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavi...96cd9f34a.html

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Biden Is leading by less than what Hillary had at this point. A few swing states are marginally above poll error margin. Some segments -Florida Latinos, for example- show a large swing in Trump's favor.

There needs to be hope people can believe in.
    That's why I was a fan of Bernie. I know Mo's going to shit all over me saying it. But, he brought a lot of hope. Just too bad he couldn't bring people out to vote for him.
    Nearly everyone is voting for Biden because he's not Trump. :/ That's a pretty shitty reason to vote for someone. I still can't believe he won the primary. I know of literally ONE person that thought he was going to win the primaries. And his campaign/energy has just never been there.

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    So as far as I can tell Trump's claim that the Republican states of America have a world-enviable death rate isn't even a trick of numerology or anything. It appears to be just a claim, made without demonstration of calculation or even definitions.

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavi...96cd9f34a.html
    Yeah, you can't look for reason there. Dude literally claimed in a town hall last night that he'd never commended China for their handling of COVID despite his tweets doing just that still being up.

The question was posed, "Why do people continue supporting Trump no matter what he does?" A lady named Bev answered it this way:
    “You all don't get it. I live in Trump country, in the Ozarks in southern Missouri, one of the last places where the KKK still has a relatively strong established presence.
    They don't give a shit what he does. He's just something to rally around and hate liberals, that's it, period.
    He absolutely realizes that and plays it up. They love it. He knows they love it.
    The fact that people act like it's anything other than that proves to them that liberals are idiots, all the more reason for high fives all around.
    If you keep getting caught up in "why do they not realize this problem" and "how can they still back Trump after this scandal," then you do not understand what the underlying motivating factor of his support is. It's fuck liberals, that's pretty much it.
    Have you noticed he can do pretty much anything imaginable, and they'll explain some way that rationalizes it that makes zero logical sense?
    Because they're not even keeping track of any coherent narrative, it's irrelevant. Fuck liberals is the only relevant thing.
    Trust me; I know firsthand what I'm talking about.
    That's why they just laugh at it all because you all don't even realize they truly don't give a fuck about whatever the conversation is about.
    It's just a side mission story that doesn't matter anyway.
    That's all just trivial details - the economy, health care, whatever.
    Fuck liberals.
    Look at the issue with not wearing the masks.
    I can tell you what that's about. It's about exposing fear. They're playing chicken with nature, and whoever flinches just moved down their internal pecking order, one step closer to being a liberal.
    You've got to understand the one core value that they hold above all others is hatred for what they consider weakness because that's what they believe strength is, hatred of weakness.
    And I mean passionate, sadistic hatred.
    And I'm not exaggerating. Believe me.
    Sadistic, passionate hatred, and that's what proves they're strong, their passionate hatred for weakness.
    Sometimes they will lump vulnerability in with weakness.
    They do that because people tend to start humbling themselves when they're in some compromising or overwhelming circumstance, and to them, that's an obvious sign of weakness.
    Kindness = weakness. Honesty = weakness.
    Compromise = weakness.
    They consider their very existence to be superior in every way to anyone who doesn't hate weakness as much as they do.
    They consider liberals to be weak people that are inferior, almost a different species, and the fact that liberals are so weak is why they have to unite in large numbers, which they find disgusting, but it's that disgust that is a true expression of their natural superiority.
    Go ahead and try to have a logical, rational conversation with them. Just keep in mind what I said here and be forewarned.”

I have a cousin who lives in Florida. He’ll be voting for Trump. Not because he likes him, but because he hates Biden. Mostly because of his tax policies. He’s a surgeon and does well for himself and doesn’t want to see Biden in office because his taxes will go through the roof. That’s the only reason. His dislike for Biden is greater than any liking of Trump.

I reckon that’s a common theme throughout the country among Republican voters.

Man, I do far better than I have any right to and I still got fucked by Trump's taxes. My tax rate went down but I lost a ton of deductions, ended up owing $11k on my 2018 taxes after the Trump tax plan went into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    The question was posed, "Why do people continue supporting Trump no matter what he does?" A lady named Bev answered it this way:
    “You all don't get it. I live in Trump country, in the Ozarks in southern Missouri, one of the last places where the KKK still has a relatively strong established presence.
    They don't give a shit what he does. He's just something to rally around and hate liberals, that's it, period.
    He absolutely realizes that and plays it up. They love it. He knows they love it.
    The fact that people act like it's anything other than that proves to them that liberals are idiots, all the more reason for high fives all around.
    If you keep getting caught up in "why do they not realize this problem" and "how can they still back Trump after this scandal," then you do not understand what the underlying motivating factor of his support is. It's fuck liberals, that's pretty much it.
    Have you noticed he can do pretty much anything imaginable, and they'll explain some way that rationalizes it that makes zero logical sense?
    Because they're not even keeping track of any coherent narrative, it's irrelevant. Fuck liberals is the only relevant thing.
    Trust me; I know firsthand what I'm talking about.
    That's why they just laugh at it all because you all don't even realize they truly don't give a fuck about whatever the conversation is about.
    It's just a side mission story that doesn't matter anyway.
    That's all just trivial details - the economy, health care, whatever.
    Fuck liberals.
    Look at the issue with not wearing the masks.
    I can tell you what that's about. It's about exposing fear. They're playing chicken with nature, and whoever flinches just moved down their internal pecking order, one step closer to being a liberal.
    You've got to understand the one core value that they hold above all others is hatred for what they consider weakness because that's what they believe strength is, hatred of weakness.
    And I mean passionate, sadistic hatred.
    And I'm not exaggerating. Believe me.
    Sadistic, passionate hatred, and that's what proves they're strong, their passionate hatred for weakness.
    Sometimes they will lump vulnerability in with weakness.
    They do that because people tend to start humbling themselves when they're in some compromising or overwhelming circumstance, and to them, that's an obvious sign of weakness.
    Kindness = weakness. Honesty = weakness.
    Compromise = weakness.
    They consider their very existence to be superior in every way to anyone who doesn't hate weakness as much as they do.
    They consider liberals to be weak people that are inferior, almost a different species, and the fact that liberals are so weak is why they have to unite in large numbers, which they find disgusting, but it's that disgust that is a true expression of their natural superiority.
    Go ahead and try to have a logical, rational conversation with them. Just keep in mind what I said here and be forewarned.”
    Political orientation is like sexual orientation, you can’t win anyone over using logic. However, we could choose to not demonize each other and work together with a common cause.

Majority of Americans are not racists. I’m sure majority of conservatives are not racists... otherwise trump should’ve won the popular vote and Obama would never be president.

DNC does need to self reflect more on why and how nearly half of America would rather choose an asshole pussy grabber like Trump, then letting Hillary win. Obama won twice, so it wasn’t a fluke. Rather than expecting voters to have logic, DNC needs to use logic to pick out the best candidates that could win rather the pick the favorites that they want.

DNC is illogically repeating their mistake... there were plenty of moderates to choose from this time, but they pick the one least favorite by the people and they called themselves the democrats. Go figure.

Yeah, the strategy worked against Sanders, but will it work against Trump? Hope so... but if not, please stop blaming the voters...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 17th, 2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Man, I do far better than I have any right to and I still got fucked by Trump's taxes. My tax rate went down but I lost a ton of deductions, ended up owing $11k on my 2018 taxes after the Trump tax plan went into effect.
    But imagine how bad it "could be" under Biden! #hellfire