Page 1727 of 1742 FirstFirst ... 7271227162716771717172517261727172817291737 ... LastLast
Results 17,261 to 17,270 of 17413

Thread: Politics

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tra...-nh-county.amp

This is proof how broken we are...

Transexual satanist anarchist won local election to be the county sheriff on a republican ticket. Her campaign slogan was fuck the police!

Ask me about my bottom br
    Neither of those three things should disqualify anyone from public office, as they are part of their personal sphere. Maybe an anarchist wouldn't normally run for office, but as her slogan shows, she is not lacking congruence.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    She lost to a snake oil salesman. That's how bad a candidate she is.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda bin a decent president, but first she shoulda win it.
    A snake oil salesman with the backing of a foreign government and maybe the most sophisticated social media engineering company on the planet with access to tons of ill-gotten data.

Neither of those three things should disqualify anyone from public office, as they are part of their personal sphere. Maybe an anarchist wouldn't normally run for office, but as her slogan shows, she is not lacking congruence.
    The point wasn't about her qualifications, but about voters blindly voting for a name with (R) behind it. I'm sure voters on the (D) side could also make similar mistakes...

Doesn't matter if Russia or Satan's involved. Voters don't usually do their homework and can be easily manipulated... even when the candidate wasn't even trying to manipulate voters. She hacked thru the system due to a vulnerability in the election process...

Making voting compulsory also won't fix this problem.

Needs an update to patch this...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 16th, 2020 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    A snake oil salesman with the backing of a foreign government and maybe the most sophisticated social media engineering company on the planet with access to tons of ill-gotten data.
    Both sides probably had enormous non-american backings... US government also have plenty of ill-gotten data that's why we couldn't give Snowden a fair trial.

Maybe Russians or whoever the mastermind was, meddled with UK as well to cause Brexit and nationalistic attitudes all over the world...

However, we also need to examine the reasons why was it so easy for such meddler to succeed?

If most people are doing well under EU, why would they want to exit?

If most americans are doing well thanks to the establisment, why would they become anti-establishment?

Anti-establishment sentiments were a reaction of something... with that something, it becomes easy to meddle. If not Bernie, it'd be Trump. If not Trump, it'd be some other asshole. Hillary's problem was that she's clearly one of the more established candidates.

Biden shares the same problem, but lucky for him that enough people have realized that trump is a snake oil salesman... so maybe Biden will have a chance of winning. However, the underlying anti-establishment sentiment is still there. Even after a Biden win, our nation could trip up again in 4 years unless leaders address the anti-establishment sentiments by truly taking care of its people, rather than just taking care of the rich.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 16th, 2020 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    a) Foreign intervention. Woah dude, you mean there's been rich countries circumventing democratic procedures? Seems that it would be something a former first lady and secretary of state would be aware of, it could even be a reason for her to try to keep her most sensitive personal information away from compromised systems.

b) Personal data breaches. Governments should ensure that their citizens data records are safe from economic interests, and that would include not having such a cynical revolving door between spies and IT providers.

For the record, I think Hillary is a very competent civil servant but she has one big problem; she is fucking smug. She can't connect with the peasants. She obviously knew about the risks of data transmission, that's why she kept her stuff secure, instead of using her power to curb private interests that put millions of people's information at risk. She has favored the big over the small throughout all of her public career, and the (R) just exploited that by propping a discourse that pandered to the poor and the disadvantaged. The fascist buffoon just lucked in on the sentiment.

The "middle" (class, option, ground) was a recipe the neo-liberal regime used to hide the fact that they were favoring the upper (class, interests), and after a generation it was obvious that the narrative was unsustainable; They should have raised the alarm when Bernie 1.0 took a good chunk of delegates with his pro-working classes message in the Dem primary and they should have taken notice when the "America has stopped being great" stump destroyed long-term bureaucrats like Gov. Christie and competent middle-ground politicians like the smarter Bush kid.

Address the discontent, promise radical1 changes to issues that are perceived to be on a basic level to Trump voters, like income inequality and the cultural divide, offer practical solutions to those on the margins of the shift in the manufacturing industry, be a champion of the other individual rights that make up the American Way of Life, you know, like privacy rights.

____
    Radical as in a root canal, a solution that is mildly painful but long lasting.
    acket.

For the record, I think Hillary is a very competent civil servant but she has one big problem; she is fucking smug. She can't connect with the peasants
    The real life Gordon Gekko said she was the queen of receiving money, and therefore easily able to be bought just like Trump.

I don't know. I get the feeling that Trump wants more power to make more money, but Hillary just wants more power because she wants more power.

Given what has happened, I have to side with Neanderthal that the power of POTUS is probably safer with Hillary than Trump. For sure she's lesser of the 2 evils.

However, I just wish we could have a leader who truly care about the needs of average folks.

I'd like to see political disagreements when it comes to invading Iraq or rescuing big banks and speedy bipartisan support for affordable healthcare or emergency stimulus checks... but of course ordinary citizens will always get the short end of the stick. Whenever we're given the short stick, govt just tell us to hate our political opposition. It's all their fault. We tried. If you don't vote them out of office, then it's all your fault. It's not our fault when we allowed our political opposition to redraw the voting map in favor of our political opposition. You just have to move into the red states and the red neighborhoods! Yeah! That's it. It's all our fault.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 16th, 2020 at 12:38 PM.

She is an AnCap, believes in privatization and corporate rule instead of governments or even democracy. They are just libertarians really, and generally laughed at in anarchist circles

Yes, capitalism needs the modern State to function, so then, not an anarchist.
    acket.