Page 2282 of 2282 FirstFirst ... 12821782218222322272228022812282
Results 22,811 to 22,817 of 22817

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    A bunch of airstrikes hit Iran from drones, possibly Israeli, hitting a number of military related targets.

How come no talks about the Memphis SCORPION police?

I think this incident should highlight that the root problem wasn't structural racism. We have 5 black cops kill a young black man. There's just something not right with the police itself. It's not really protecting and serving properly.

Now the only racism I see is how the police force can quickly charge the officers this time. Is it because the police figured out what is wrong with them? Or is it because this time we have black officers so it's easier to just fire them and charge them? It used to be that police could just try to hide things until videos are leaked to the public..., but this time they preemptively acted and disciplined quickly prior to the release of videos...

Anyway, what were the officers thinking though. In this day and age..., they just are not worried about video footages? Were they on drugs or something? Were the streets of Memphis so dangerous that it has trained them to be so ruthless? So odd.

There are also talks of it becoming increasingly difficult to hire/recruit officers so sometimes they have to lower hiring standards? More and more good cops leaving so now we have more and more bad cops looking for excuses to beat people up on the job getting hired? This is probably just like our gun problems... no end in sight.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; Today at 08:59 AM.

The institution of policing in America is racist at its core. Doesn't matter the race of those officers perpetrating the beatings/killings. They are towing the company line.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    The institution of policing in America is racist at its core. Doesn't matter the race of those officers perpetrating the beatings/killings. They are towing the company line.
    "Je suis d'accord"

acket.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    LOUDER.

Racism definitely exists. However, I tend to think the root problem is imbalance of power and/or corruption.

In America, we can blame white people...

In Latin America, we can blame those who look European...

However, if we get to China, we all look very similar. Surely Chinese people can be "regional-ists" as well. We have stereotypes for every region of folks. Anyway, just saying that in a nation where everyone has the same skin color, there can still be unfair oppression in the name of keeping order. YW probably doesn't like me bad mouthing China too much... so I can talk about Taiwan... even this tiny island can have similar problem. When the Nationalist party got beaten by the Communist party, we retreated/escaped to Taiwan. Of course although the Nationalist party lost the war, but still have superior firepower over the local Taiwanese people so there were also oppressions/massacres... so there has always been this rift between the folks from mainland and the original Taiwanese folks.

Sometimes I wonder if the folks that look very similar to each other couldn't live peacefully together, what hope does America have?

Anyway, luckily Christ gave me hope. I also really think money and power can corrupt people, regardless of color of their skin. LA politicians were not white, yet they can still have scandals. So although racism exists, I think the root problem is that we don't have sufficient check and balances in place to prevent corruption.

Hope police departments in the US will wake up and clean up soon... This is really something we should be focusing on, rather than debating about gas stoves. Also, why should we even care about debt ceiling if black people are still getting beaten to death after all the BLM protests?!?!? It's like when there are no white cops involved... so we can't directly blame it on white supremacists... and so now we're not sure what to do with this problem?!?!? Yeah sure, they defunded and disbanded SCORPION... so what else are you going to do?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; Today at 12:55 PM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaKid86 View Post
    LOUDER.
    The people in the back might be willingly refusing to hear it.