Page 1908 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 9081408180818581898190619071908190919101918195820082408 ... LastLast
Results 19,071 to 19,080 of 24778

Thread: Politics

Another question for Neanderthal, why do we need to fight for Neera Tanden’s confirmation? Why must she be confirmed? There are no other qualified person with less political baggage?

To be honest, I don’t understand why Bernie just couldn’t flat out say that he won’t vote for her. Clearly, if she’s confirmed, they will not have a good working relationship. This is not the time to play nice with Biden. This woman will most likely not play nice with you once confirmed.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 25th, 2021 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Another question for Neanderthal, why do we need to fight for Neera Tanden’s confirmation? Why must she be confirmed? There are no other qualified person with less political baggage?

To be honest, I don’t understand why Bernie just couldn’t flat out say that he won’t vote for her. Clearly, if she’s confirmed, they will not have a good working relationship. This is not the time to play nice with Biden. This woman will most likely not play nice with you once confirmed.
    You the motherfuckers that fight everything Democrats are trying to do then paint them with "Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same." You'll refuse to seat their nominees and complain "why couldn't they do X?" Etc.

That's why.

Don't pick X to be the leader and then tell X the team that they're assembling isn't the team you envisioned. Let X do what they said they'd do. Let them pick who they want to fulfil their vision.

In professional sports activist owners rarely own championship contesting franchises. Because coaches understand the game better than the owners do. Jerry Jones, probably the most famous of activist owners. Meddles with coaching decisions and personnel decisions all the time. Ask any Cowboy fan. As for what they've won, since 1995; there's always next year.

So is there a good reason to pick her? Look Bernie is being respectful and not being a mother fucker like me.

Can coach share with me why we must push to confirm her?

How would you convince Bernie?

I'd much rather have Malcolm X as president.

Junior Potato
    Imagine if you were the Prime Minister of Australia, and this month you were dealing with a rape scandal within your staff dating back to 2019. It would be pretty bad wouldn’t it?

Now, imagine if you were the Prime Minister of Australia, and a historic rape allegation from 1988 surfaced, and it was possibly likely that you were the culprit, and the victim commuted suicide in 2020. That would be a relief, wouldn’t it?

Administrator
    I disagree with neanderthal on this one. I think one of the fundamental flaws with the Trump admin (and, to a lesser extent, the George W. Bush admin) was that he kept getting a rubber stamp from a bunch of yes men, so I'm fine with push back.

That said:

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity
    There are no other qualified person with less political baggage?

This is literally the argument you argued vehemently against when it came to Al Franken.

Al Franken is already... ‘confirmed’ in his seat. There were no votes to confirm him or fire him. No investigations... We also don’t know how voters will vote if he were to have a re-election. He was just asked to resign by the party.

The situation isn’t quite the same, is it?

I’m not trying to cancel Neera in her existing position. Just asking why do we need to fight to begin her new career when clearly she is hated by ‘majority’ of senators. Bernie didn’t flat out say no, but clearly he would rather not confirm her if it were up to him.

Lastly, what Al Franken had wasn’t really ‘political’ baggage. Even if sexual allegations were true, it would’ve been ‘sexual’ baggage... similar to what Bill Clinton had. As long as they don’t give away secret intel to sexy spies or harass their coworkers, it shouldn’t affect their job performance...

Neera OTOH... if she does her job well in her mind, that will be bad news for progressives.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 26th, 2021 at 07:34 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Guaranteed fun.
    acket.

Administrator
    Billi, I know your thing is moving the goalposts, but c'mon. What's next, "Al Franken resigned in January, but this is February. Isn't this really more of a January thing?"

No, of course not.

Do you really think it’s cancel culture trying to cancel Neera?

If Al Franken were running for senate race and that allegation propped up, and his poll #s dropped, then naturally I would also wonder about the same thing... do we not have another candidate who could replace him?

So I hope you see the difference between entering somebody in a race who has a poor chance of winning vs forcing somebody off of a position without due process.

If all politicians go by that bogus standard you pinned on me, they all would resign like Al, because all of them have their own baggage’s, right?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 26th, 2021 at 08:05 AM.