Page 1147 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1476471047109711371145114611471148114911571197124716472147 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,470 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    I like that that one immediately followed this one.

A discgrace, indeed.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Does he know, that we know, that he didn't actually write his books?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I don't think he knows he didn't write "his" books.

Reminds me of a sportsman who "wrote" a book.
    The comment was "he has written more books than he had read"

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Why Mexico’s New President Is Nothing Like Trump

It’s the same thing much of the press did to Bernie Sanders, the only American political figure to whom López Obrador can fairly be compared. In fact, the resemblance between Sanders and López Obrador is striking. They both favor New Deal-style spending on education, health care and employment programs, and have to deal with detractors crying, “But how will we pay for it?” even though they never question far costlier programs that benefit corporations and the rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Presidential election, 1932
    Quote Originally Posted by Mx Presidential elections, 2012 & 2018
    Yup, we chose our own FDR, not an elitist demagogue.
    acket.

Why not huge government in the USA?
    I'm sure it could go on at least a generation, maybe two.

During that time the production could swap close to selfsufficient and then so what if dollar sink.

So I just watched the full Gowdy/Strzok exchange after seeing the news reports from CNN (Morning Joe?), Fox (Hannity) and Colbert. Colbert was probably the most accurate - the others were completely full of shit and cherry-picked sound bytes like motherfuckers. Colbert did that too to be fair, I think he probably gets away with it on account of being a comedian.

The news sucks.

Administrator
    I find it's not nearly so bad if you just watch the actual "news" portion of the cable news channels. Where's it's some anchor person who doesn't have a show named after them. The rest are all pundits, essentially opinion programs, and they're slowly taking over the channels entirely. National Public Radio is still probably the best place to get news, which is why the government is continually trying to defund it.

Administrator
    Meuller's brought 12 indictments against Russian nationals, acting under the name Guccifer 2.0, for spearphishing DNC volunteers to get ahold of emails and attempting to hack Clinton's own emails. Notable bits:

• An unnamed candidate for U.S. Congress contacted them and was able to obtain hacked emails in 2016.
    • An unnamed "then-lobbyist" and purveyor of online political news contacted them and was able to obtain hacked emails
    • No attempts appear to have been made on Clinton's own emails until the exact day when Trump, in a news conference on the campaign trail in Florida, said that he hoped the Russians would hack in there and find those missing emails.
    • Appears to debunk the whole "Seth Rich" theory, there was no inside job.
    • Wikileaks was coordinating with Guccifer 2.0, specifically to try to sow discord between Sanders supporters and Clinton supporters.

I also saw someone reporting that he has transferred this indictment to be under the national security division of the DOJ, which means firing him wouldn't do much good.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Yup, we chose our own FDR, not an elitist demagogue.
    Do you have an electoral college style system or a popular vote system?

Cause in one case we did not choose "an elitist demagogue".