Page 1876 of 1881 FirstFirst ... 876137617761826186618741875187618771878 ... LastLast
Results 18,751 to 18,760 of 18803

Thread: Politics

  1. #18751
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We all worried that it was going to do that to Milo Yiannapoulos too. Yes, I understand, you're also asking "who?"

    I get the fear, but *not* doing it lead to the President of the United States inciting an insurrection against his own government. I don't think not acting was an option.
    There's a difference between wrong action and no action...

    Our social media platform had bee doing practically the wrong actions and no actions before. I like the fact that they later on tried to tag posts that are not factual. I personally practice wholesale ban on Trump myself since I'd never actively read any of them. I just thought it shouldn't be so hard for social media companies to be able to selectively act in accordance to the content of the posts, especially for famous people's.

    To give some credit to Trump, his posts were effective at telling those rioters to go home.

    We no longer has this option anymore.

    Hopefully Trump/fascism in America will now be forever hidden in the darkweb and people's minds and never see the light of day.

    However, if FBI could fail to act when such discussions were openly spoken on social media platforms, now that we've successfully hid these things, FBI would be more effective when responding to these threats?

    Anyway, personally, I'd like to openly defeat them rather than just forcing them to shut up about it. You know they won't shut up about it.

    Hopefully the impeachment will successfully ban Trump from running for office again. If he's elected again, we'll surely be fucked.

  2. #18752
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I just did a "fuck Trump" search in this thread for the hell of it. 3 pages of results, in which neanderthal and drew have 90% of it covered.
    It's taken a long time for the nation to catch up.

    Drew and I are now at another level: fuck Republicans. Join us, we have cookies. a fuck Republicans and hold them ALL accountable mentality.
    Last edited by neanderthal; January 14th, 2021 at 08:17 AM.

  3. #18753
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    These are my arguments in support of the move by various companies to restrict Trump:

    1. Free speech only limits the government from prosecuting you for what you say; It does not apply to private institutions
    2. Free speech is not free of consequences
    3. Social media platforms each have a T.O.S. which users agree to while signing up for the service
    4. Social media platforms also have an obligation to ensure that certain types of speech (I.E. incitement to violence) are not allowed to be broadcast

    However:

    1. We should be weary of allowing singular large organisations to determine what messages are allowed to be seen
    2. We should also be weary of the laws that dictate what they can and cannot broadcast on our behalf
    3. And we should be weary of the governments that create these laws

    Note that 'weariness' doesn't mean I am against the law in question - preventing the incitement to violence is something that I definitely do support for obvious reasons. What it does mean is that we can hold governments to account if we think they have overstepped the line by limiting the free sharing of ideas.

    Here's something I am definitely against:

    1. The slippery slope argument

    That is all.
    Trump was given an excessively long rope to hang himself. You and I would have been banned already for using the things he said.

    In fact, someone created a Twitter account specifically to only tweet what Trump tweeted. And, yes, got banned many multiple times. Trump is only getting banned now.

    Fuck Trump. Fuck Twitter too, for not having the balls.

    And notice there've been few in media who acknowledge that Madam Vice President Kamala Harris was right all along.

    Vote like black women should really be listen to black women. It's what I mostly do.

  4. #18754
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    total intolerance of democracy towards intolerant (fascist) ideas and personalities.

    Fuck Trump.
    I'm not trying to defend Trump and fascism, but I wholeheartedly disagree with the saying 'I don't tolerate people who are intolerant.'

    That saying is full of shit and giving people the fucking excuse to be intolerant themselves in a different way.

    Both Fa and Antifa should not exist. Although Newton wasn't from Italy, but basic physical laws tell us action/reaction... if we can tolerate antifa, then that will naturally result in FA because you can't possibly be anti something that doesn't exist. Both extremisms are dangerous. We are tolerating the leftist extremism because it's countering the rightist extremism. It's the same policy as assuming enemies of our enemies are our friends. Are they really our friends?

  5. #18755
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I would like to remind you all that the trump administration has not contacted the families of six hundred and eleven children who are held separate from their parents since they were detained trying to cross into the United States. For eighteen of those minors, public servants have no contacts of their parents.

    Let that sink in.

    A needlessly cruel policy is run by incompetent sadists.

    A government program with no other objective than to cause emotional pain has ruined the lives of ay least 18 children.

    That is the legacy of president trump.
    Say it with me: fuck Trump. Fuck the Republicans who enabled him. Fuck the media that coddled him. Fuck all those in his administration who carries out his horrific ideas.

    -------

    I want Nuremberg trials for all of the Trump administration and those that were involved with the babies in cages and forced hysterectomies. And I'm dead serious about that.

    All those "we are a nation of laws" and "you do the crime you do the time" etc platitudes need to come home to roost.

    I have very little faith in Joe Biden to pursue this the way I want it pursued.

    And no, I don't care if it radicalizes Trump's followers, because I want trials for everyone if those fuckers who invaded the Capitol for being accomplices in the murder of five people. Every. Single. One.
    Ask yourself how would the prosecutors conduct themselves if this was some black young men. They would call for the maximum sentence. And that's exactly what I want.

    There are plenty of black middle aged men in jail right now who've been there for twenty or more years and all they did was be in the wrong place at the wrong time when they were teenagers.

    So I don't want to hear about unity, their families, the hardships they'll go through, all that bullshit. Throw the whole mother fucking book at them. Throw the entire bookshelf. In fact, fuck it, throw the whole goddamn library at them.
    Last edited by neanderthal; January 14th, 2021 at 08:30 AM.

  6. #18756
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,929
    I'd gladly see Trump receive a fair trial and be locked away for good! However, I'd not like to see Trump being caged like a kid without due process. That's all I'm saying. We need not forget to be civilized human beings or else our civilization will never be great again.

  7. #18757
    Female Masturbatory Aid
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JAX
    Posts
    2,203
    All the entitled cunts "protesting" walking through a metal detector: fuck YOU.

    Here's an idea, if you don't want to abide by the rules and regulations of your work place, FUCK OFF.

    Besides, aren't republicans "Law and Order", or is it only when it doesn't apply to them.

    Fuck republicans.

    The seditious 12 (think it's 12) need to be expelled and barred for ever holding another government position. In fact, they should only be qualified to scoop horseshit at a rural Indiana Wal-Mart.

  8. #18758
    Female Masturbatory Aid
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JAX
    Posts
    2,203
    Following up a post, with a post, and I'm not worked up:

    Second. Any Congressman/woman (or senator), that was even merely alleged to have been involved, needs to be gone, NOW. If an allegation of "sexual assault" caused Al Franken to voluntarily resign, where does sedition and insurrection land on that scale?

    Fuck them all.

  9. #18759
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,929
    I felt Al Franken incident was BS, not that I’m a sexual harassment sympathizer, but Al really wasn’t given a chance to be properly investigated.

    It is fair to apply the same standard for everyone, but 2 wrongs don’t really make a right.

    Further, it was the left who shot themselves in the foot with the Al Franken thing. If the left continue to ‘shoot’ like that, we’re just asking the right wing crazies to want to shoot back with real bullets.

    In times like this, please don’t let emotions run too wildly.

    Trump fully deserved what he’s gotten so far, but just saying we also need to remember to behave like civilized society and not degenerate to their deplorable levels.

    Sizable amount of Americans believe the election is stolen. Better approach is to try to prove to them that Biden is the rightful winner rather than just shut Trump down and tell his supporters to shut up.

    If these Americans were tricked into believing some sort of alternate facts, isn't it our responsibility to help 'untrick' them to help them get back on the right track? Rather than just tell them to shut up and fuck off, right?

    That's why I believe right action is important. If we can't do the right action, then at least no action. Wrong actions definitely will only exacerbate the problem.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 14th, 2021 at 09:33 AM.

  10. #18760
    Ask me about my bottom br
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ox.mx
    Posts
    5,530
    Police departments across the country have opened investigations after discovering that members of their police force were involved in last week’s Capitol riot. According to reports, multiple off-duty cops have been identified as pro-Trump rioters and are now facing repercussions back home.
    acket.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •