Page 1018 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1851891896810081016101710181019102010281068111815182018 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,180 of 24776

Thread: Politics

I wish I’d had a chance to be in my house for a full year so I could actually figure out what the impact of this tax bill would actually be. As it stands, it seems as if I’d get fucked since I lose my ability to deduct state income tax. On the other hand, I’m pretty sure my wife and I were going to get hit with the AMT, and this plan eliminates it, so there may actually be a net benefit for us, since as it stands now, existing mortgages over $500k would get to keep their interest deductions.

I still think this is not a good a plan.

When was the last time Trump came up with a good plan?

And even if your taxes came out ahead in the end, surely you still won't feel it's a good plan.

Anyway, money is kinda tight for me... so I do hope I won't be hit too severely...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I'm sorry. I still don't believe Hillary would be the right choice. "Better" choice perhaps, but definitely still the wrong choice for America.

I would've voted for her in a heart beat if I don't know Bernie Sanders exists.

I would've voted for her if she at least pretend to adopt Bernie's message... and not cozy up with Wall Street and Silicon Valley and to at least pretend to try to narrow the gap between rich and poor..., but she doesn't really care for my vote.

Anyway, she is the wrong choice... this is a conclusion I've reached independent of how stupid Trump is.

BTW, I'll take back the part about voters shouldn't be blamed, I suppose voters do share some responsibility, but ultimately, the voters do not have the real powers to make any changes. The system is rigged for the establishment.
    The choice was Hillary or Trump. One of those two was going to be the next President. Nobody else, just one out of those two.

If you didn't vote, or you voted for anyone other than Hillary YOU. ARE. RESPONSIBLE. < Did I emphasise that enough? Do I need to repeat it?

Nelson fucking Mandela had as much chance as Bernie Sanders of becoming President, and he's fucking dead. And he wasn't born in this country. And he wasn't running. That's how much fucking chance Bernie Sanders had at winning. It doesn't matter who is a better politician, who had a better message, or any of that other shit, it was a simple BINARY choice. And YOU CHOSE WRONG. Live with it.

Let me take you back to third grade. You're learning shapes. You're instructed to draw a circle around the square. You draw a circle around a parallelogram instead, using 9 year old logic to say they both have four sides. Guess what, a square is a parallelogram but a parallelogram isn't necessarily a square. You're that dumb kid that thinks he's clever. Every third party voter is. You're not that fucking clever because you've fucked everybody and now you're trying to tell everybody that a square is a parallelogram. Guess what muthafucker; a PARALLELOGRAM ISN'T NECESSARILY A SQUARE.

Voters don't have the power to make change? Buy a newspaper. Actually, since you're reading this from a computer, google Iceland. Google Rwanda. Google any number of countries where the people were fed up of their government and had an election. Americans are too comfortable; they get fucked by their government but nothing substantive changes in their lives. They still have a car and a job and a fridge full of food and a satellite tv with 300 channels, half of which are shopping channels. This is why we have the system we have. We're not angry.

I would argue that, if you’re a California voter, voting for a third party is not de facto Trump support. Running up the score in CA wouldn’t (and didn’t) get Clinton any closer to winning.

I’m also not sure that this is a productive argument a year after the election, anyway. Is it 2018 yet?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
    I would argue that, if you’re a California voter, voting for a third party is not de facto Trump support. Running up the score in CA wouldn’t (and didn’t) get Clinton any closer to winning.

I’m also not sure that this is a productive argument a year after the election, anyway. Is it 2018 yet?
    and that's part of the reason why we should get rid of the electoral college

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    and that's part of the reason why we should get rid of the electoral college
    Ironically, I think founding fathers probably created electoral college to prevent stupid voters electing somebody like Trump...

Neanderthal, Hillary lost. Get over it.

I'm one of the angry voters who wish to send DNC a message not to fuck with Sanders again. Not going to play the lesser of the 2 evil game.

It was a foregone conclusion that Hillary is going to have California... and I just want to make sure she won't win by a landslide in CA.

If I live in a Red State, I'd still vote Jill Stein. Yeah, that'd give advantage to Trump, but so what?

This angry voter just wish to punish the DNC for actually having a good candidate available, yet still chooses to give us the lesser of the 2 evil.

Finally, it's time for this bull shit 2 party thing to stop.

Our ballot is not just a choice between true or false. Voters have more than 2 options. If most voters are too stupid to think outside of the stupid 2 party voting, that's not my problem. I don't have to jump off a cliff just because you all do. I know I'm being dragged off a cliff along with everyone else anyway..., but with 2 different cliffs to be dragged off of, it really makes no difference which one to me.

If my cliff analogy is too extreme... think of it this way...

Where would you deposit your money? Wells Fargo Bank or Bank of Trump?

Bank of Trump obviously sucks.

Wells Fargo is a great looking bank on the outside. Also very politically correct, won't every say anything offensive, and they love promoting gay rights/marriage or whatever great social causes. It's just that they would secretly steal customer's money when nobody's looking.

Do we really only have these 2 banking choices?

Fuck that shit. I'll stuff my money in Nelson Mandela's mattress if I have to.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 2nd, 2017 at 12:12 PM.

Administrator

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Billi, you're talking about fighting 2 different battles here, one is primary and one is election.

If it wasn't for the WORST candidate and now WORST president we've ever had, I could see your point, but there are NO redeeming qualities about Trump...PERIOD. I never thought I'd look back fondly at the days of the W. Bush administration, but here we are.

The only reasonable option was to choose Hillary, because we're seeing the effects of what happens when Trump takes over....the only good part is that we haven't started WWIII....YET and all of the russian deals are starting to haunt him.

If there were collusion or whatever other impeachable offenses, surely he'll be removed while in office sooner or later.

Hillary, OTOH, will most likely not going to be impeached during her term. Surely she'll be much craftier at hiding things.

If Trump could really hold on for 4 years... or the unthinkable 8 years..., I've gotta hand it to him for such achievement.

Regarding world wars, I really doubt Trump would want to risk destroying his hotels... The guy is an annoying loud mouth and has yet to delivered what he promised. So hopefully the trend continues.