Page 1010 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1051091096010001008100910101011101210201060111015102010 ... LastLast
Results 10,091 to 10,100 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    To me, W Bush was coerced by others into doing a lot of things as he wasn't too intelligent and easily conned into doing the will of others.

I don't think W is a bad human being...I think he has regrets.

Trump is a whole other level of insanity....it's clear he has absolutely no empathy or care about anyone but himself.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I often wonder whether he knows he's ignorant or whether he thinks he gets it and that if he pushes harder he'll be proven right. We'll never know, but from my point of view he asinine demands of government, people, and industry make him look more like an idiot than his opinions on social issues. Lacking skill in government, or general business, or bringing people together and topping that all off with bluster and deceit makes him one of the most useless people on the planet. Certainly in politics. He brings demonstrably nothing to the table.
    I had a boss like that once. Well, she was my boss's boss. But this lady was smart enough to have really OCD guy (same level as my boss) be a sort of technicalities comptroller. She'd say "I want a rainbow bridge from here to London!" and OCD guy would explain to her why that was impossible and get the project down to an intangible level, from there my boss' job would be to convince people to take on new responsibilities/give up old perks.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    To me, W Bush was coerced by others into doing a lot of things as he wasn't too intelligent and easily conned into doing the will of others.

Trump is a whole other level of insanity....it's clear he has absolutely no empathy or care about anyone but himself.
    Dubya is the pretty face among a gang of thugs. Likeable chap, but he is in a symbiotic relationship with the sinister six.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I can probably accept he is good at real estate -
    Really? His dad handed him his multi-million dollar business. And he's barely made above average returns. And he's filed bankruptcy 6 times.

"I think it's a great time to start a mortgage company," Trump famously predicted to CNBC in April 2006. "The real-estate market is going to be very strong for a long time to come." Trump Mortgage shuttered in September 2007.

The only thing he is good at is putting his name on things.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Really? His dad handed him his multi-million dollar business. And he's barely made above average returns. And he's filed bankruptcy 6 times.

"I think it's a great time to start a mortgage company," Trump famously predicted to CNBC in April 2006. "The real-estate market is going to be very strong for a long time to come." Trump Mortgage shuttered in September 2007.

The only thing he is good at is putting his name on things.
    "If he'd simply invested the money he inherited he'd be $17billion richer than he is." Some economist. Don't remember who. Or where.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bush
    Here's a sampling:

- “Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication.”
    - “We’ve seen nationalism distorted into nativism.”
    - “We’ve seen our discourse degraded by casual cruelty. . . . Argument turns too easily into animosity.”
    - “It means that bigotry and white supremacy in any form is blasphemy against the American creed, and it means the very identity of our nation depends on passing along civic ideals.”
    - “Bullying and prejudice in our public life … provides permission for cruelty and bigotry.”
    - “The only way to pass along civic values is to live up to them.”
    Not bad.

I tend to think both W and trump are both puppets... there are probably way more conflicting strings pulling on trump.

In terms of intelligence, trump must not be that stupid to not squandered all of his dad's fortunes... it also must take something special to grow his stupid brand for this long... obviously he's not a top notch index fund manager, but given all that wealth, most Americans for sure won't end up where he is.

Anyway, not going to attack W personally but only at his administration... under such period was the rise of Enron... and such greed ultimately nearly meltdown all of the world. Let's just forget about the stupid war he started...

Trump has just started a lot of social/political crap, from the wall to trades to climate accords to red neck supremacy... , yes, they all fucking suck and scary but at least no actual harm done yet... if these things can all become real, then I'd rank trump below W.

Trump is definitely the least presidential, but not yet the worst president imho
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 20th, 2017 at 08:36 AM.

Sad that nukular war with North Korea has to be our metric.

While most people were busy being outraged at Drumpfs words to a widow, Congress quietly passed a tax reform bill that is heinous at best and deplorable at worst.

Putin's boy and the GOP are now working on concert.

Theory i've heard.

The four soldiers in Niger were killed because of Trump.
    Trumps admin requested countries send a sample passport for evaluation of security.
    Chad, the country, ran out of passport paper and submitted a demo that was found inadequate by Trump admin. Chad, the country, was then placed on the list of countries in the Muslim ban. They were withdrawing their troops from Niger when the soldiers were attacked.

More to the theory about inadequate flight cover/ support. Travelling in un- armored light trucks. Etc