Page 1821 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 8211321172117711811181918201821182218231831187119212321 ... LastLast
Results 18,201 to 18,210 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Junior Potato
    Pretty much it in a nutshell.

Mo: it's unfortunate that the EcOnOmY was built by the ones in charge of the money. They engineered it to favour themselves: the ones most able to take advantage of all its perks. I couldn't give a flying fuck about how well the economy is going. Good or bad, it really doesn't change our fortunes. Think about it.

It is not a system built to help us. We are just part of the machine.

So it follows that any discussion of the economy feels like people talking fucking Latin or Swahili to the rest of us: our eyes just glaze over and pray for the sports reports to come in the next news segment. We hear words like "the dollar is strong" and we think that's great, but the word in English doesn't mean the same that it does in economics.

What's more, the ones who built the news industry are also some of the people who are rich, so they're also in a position to make money off our productivity while we toil away and make only the amount of money that we are allowed to make. Would you trust them to deliver news in a way that allows us to benefit at their own expense?

Junior Potato
    Also:

Debt saddled upon future generations = BAD

Climate change saddled upon future generations = now is not the time to talk about it

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Also:

Climate change saddled upon future generations = Generation Crystal
    There, fixed.
    acket.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    “And then they did dumps. They call ‘em dumps. Big, massive dumps.”
    Wise words...

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Pretty much it in a nutshell.

Mo: it's unfortunate that the EcOnOmY was built by the ones in charge of the money. They engineered it to favour themselves: the ones most able to take advantage of all its perks. I couldn't give a flying fuck about how well the economy is going. Good or bad, it really doesn't change our fortunes. Think about it.

It is not a system built to help us. We are just part of the machine.

So it follows that any discussion of the economy feels like people talking fucking Latin or Swahili to the rest of us: our eyes just glaze over and pray for the sports reports to come in the next news segment. We hear words like "the dollar is strong" and we think that's great, but the word in English doesn't mean the same that it does in economics.

What's more, the ones who built the news industry are also some of the people who are rich, so they're also in a position to make money off our productivity while we toil away and make only the amount of money that we are allowed to make. Would you trust them to deliver news in a way that allows us to benefit at their own expense?
    You ain't lying man. I been preaching that to people forever. The stock market =/= the economy. The stock market is ONE indicator of the overall health of the economy. And it mostly indicates the state of the economy for those that have the disposable income to put money in the stock exchange.
    Another thing I keep reminding people is that their employer can "afford" to pay them those wages because they make much more than that $/ hr amount in their business. "Chuck, you get $29/ hr because the company makes $100 per hour off your labor!!"

To me, the a better indicator is how much disposable income does the average person/ family/ group have after they take care of bills and food. The economy that can support lots of recreation the better and ours was, kinda, but really it was more from lots of people want to go to a Lakers/ Cowboys/ Penguins game, but realistically, how many can afford to go to several games, rather than just the one game thy circled because their cousin Bobby was gonna be in town. I know lot's of people who never went to a sports game, or only one. Who never went on vacation, or only one. (And often just to their relatives!) Comedy shows. Concerts. Retreats. Races. Festivals. Etc. There are many ways of recreation. And the side benefits, the psychological lift, the reduction of stress, etc etc etc.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Is it Too Late to Save ‘America’s Amazon’?

Alabama is in a very precarious situation. We have the worst environmental laws in the country and the state environmental agency has been the lowest funded of any state going back decades. So there’s very little enforcement. Maybe that’s because nobody realized how rich this place was in terms of diversity, so there was no move to protect it.
    acket.

Speaking of Alabama and Amazon...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...workers-union/

Even attorney general Barr is saying there’s not evidence of widespread voter fraud... so hopefully the matter is settled.

To be honest I’ll probably still be a bit nervous until I actually see Biden moves inside the WH in January...

Took me fucking forever but here's the clip from several aeons ago, it might be from the pleistocene age, that completely debunks that entire "KamAla ¡s @ c0p" bullshit the looney left *and billi* kept repeating.

https://twitter.com/reesetheone1/sta...116949504?s=19

Amen! I do approve of that message. She’d make a great preacher! However even preachers need to practice what they preach. Will she be able to? Or will she be like a lot of folks in Democratic leadership... who’d preach one thing and then do another...

Anyway, when she becomes the next president, I’ll definitely admit I was wrong if she ends up practicing what she preached. If she failed to practice what she preaches, don’t worry, you don’t have to admit to anything, we’ll just conveniently blame the republicans for obstructing.

I can agree with you that she’ll be better than Trump. That’s about it. Only thing I’m worrying about is that she might be the type that will further energize the trump base... and that won’t be good...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 3rd, 2020 at 07:37 AM.