Page 1749 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 7491249164916991739174717481749175017511759179918492249 ... LastLast
Results 17,481 to 17,490 of 24733

Thread: Politics

What a trainwreck.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    What a trainwreck.
    The Evil Empire is doomed.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Anyway, just let businesses figure out how to run their business as long as they are not cheating anybody.
    Because that has always worked well.

It seems "independent contractor" is the way to ignore most of the important changes in worker conditions. It is rarely better for the worker and in the current conditions its also definitely worse for the general public.
    Having government health care still doesnt help with sick leave and people not being able to afford to take time off work, so you have sick and potentially infectious people working because they cant afford not to.

Wallace won that debate. The man was a fucking boss.

Administrator
    Wallace won the debate? To steal a joke I saw on Twitter, I've seen referees in Wrestlemania cage matches maintain better control.

It's kind of funny how well the Star Wars prequels map into US politics for the last 4 years. In case you don't remember the main plot points:

-Conflict starts due to a trade dispute between Naboo and the Trade Federation (NAFTA)

-Palpatine becomes Supreme Chancellor promising that he will make the Senate functional again (Drain the swamp)

-He systematically mines democracy by concentrating power on himself, with the support of most senators. (Jar Jar Binks as Mitch McConnell in SW universe)

-He mobilizes an army of supporters to destroy his opposition, alleging that they were planning a coup against the government.
    ##
    acket.

"This was a disgusting moment for democracy. Donald Trump made it so, and Chris Wallace let him,"

The Atlantic.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Wallace won the debate? To steal a joke I saw on Twitter, I've seen referees in Wrestlemania cage matches maintain better control.
    Well Trump sounded like a loud and rambling mess like a baboon. Biden looked drained right from the start like he jacked off a couple of times before the debate. He could barely get a word out and let Trump push him around. So that leaves Wallace.
    Last edited by sandydandy; September 29th, 2020 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Because that has always worked well.

It seems "independent contractor" is the way to ignore most of the important changes in worker conditions. It is rarely better for the worker and in the current conditions its also definitely worse for the general public.
    Having government health care still doesnt help with sick leave and people not being able to afford to take time off work, so you have sick and potentially infectious people working because they cant afford not to.
    It comes down to who pays for it, right?

For ordinary citizens, staying home without pay can be a problem.

It could be a problem for a business too.

Only governments could be the last to go bankrupt... so I think the burden should be bear on governments rather than businesses.

If driving for Uber sucks, then more and more folks should stop doing it unless Uber pays more. If our economy has no more real jobs other than gigs like Uber driver, then I’m not sure we’ll be able fix that screwed up economy by asking Uber to hire only direct employees and forcing them to pay living wages...

Anyway, I just think it’s wrong to interfere with a business like that. If the business model is just wrong/unethical, then don’t let them start it or just shut them down. Don’t try to tell them how they should run their businesses. Particularly doing this in 2020.

Actually, upon closer examination, I think I misunderstood prop22, yes vote means leave Uber alone. No vote means they don’t get this independent contractor exemption, either hire direct or leave CA, stop fighting the court ruling! This prop is actually sponsored by uber!

So anyway, if CA is really willing to risk losing Uber, so be it, I will stay out of this fight by voting no and see how this plays out. Fundamentally, I still don’t believe in government interfering unless it’s to stop wrongdoing, but I also don’t want to give Uber my vote of support either. If CA truly believes Uber is wrong and acting accordingly, I can respect that, but not sure if I agree with that though.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 29th, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    It's becoming more clear to me why Trump hated mail in ballots....he doesn't want people to vote remotely, he wants people to be intimated out of voting at the polling places by his "army" being recruited right now with help from crackhead Don Jr.

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/stat...46768602988546