Page 1341 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 3418411241129113311339134013411342134313511391144118412341 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,410 of 24728

Thread: Politics

$40k(52weeks/year)(~60hrs per week) = $12.82/hour!!!

Dang! Why can’t she pay them a living wage?!?!? No wonder the classless lady lost!

(I’m using Neanderthal logic this time.
    Again, to be fair to Neanderthal, she was only for a $12 min wage, so at least she’s not a hypocrite.)
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 20th, 2019 at 01:39 PM.

How are "lock her up" and "send her back" different?

It seems that Trump is trying to lose again.

If by lose you mean win.

Lock her up helped him win.

Our country is sadly filled with cunts who vote.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Not saying you’re jerk of course. Just saying billi reading it thinks the post is trying to get back at sanders for the sake of their owner.
    I can get that, but that feels like the kind of conspiracy thinking that I find in lots of Trump supporters. The idea that if the news is bad, it's clearly someone with a vendetta out to hurt the person, so it makes it really easy to dismiss any news you don't want to hear.

Ultimately, a big part of the press' job when it comes to politicians is to hold their feet to the fire and to hold them accountable. Given Sanders' response, it feels like they were ultimately successful. Another way you could read that story is that it ultimately brought attention to someone Sanders himself may not have been aware of and he's now taken steps to fix that situation - if they had chosen not to run the story, then it could easily be fodder a number of months down the road when the Trump campaign hears about it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    If by lose you mean win.

Interestingly, Trump relied more and more on anti-immigrant rhetoric leading up to the midterms when the GOP got colossally spanked, so it's definitely not a foolproof tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I can get that, but that feels like the kind of conspiracy thinking that I find in lots of Trump supporters. The idea that if the news is bad, it's clearly someone with a vendetta out to hurt the person, so it makes it really easy to dismiss any news you don't want to hear.

Ultimately, a big part of the press' job when it comes to politicians is to hold their feet to the fire and to hold them accountable. Given Sanders' response, it feels like they were ultimately successful. Another way you could read that story is that it ultimately brought attention to someone Sanders himself may not have been aware of and he's now taken steps to fix that situation - if they had chosen not to run the story, then it could easily be fodder a number of months down the road when the Trump campaign hears about it.
    Well, if sanders campaign is turning a blind eye to this situation, I'd fully agree with you AND Neanderthal that we need to hold this hypocrite accountable. However, it is clear to the Post that they are in the middle of negotiations and can't really say much publically at the moment. Very appropriate timing don't you think?

Now the solution for the sanders campaign is to make sure people don't work too much OT, but now Fox News can equate sanders as any other big and greedy corporations or use the example to highlight the dangers of raising min wage... if you treat your employees too well, you'll end up with your work hours cut and some may get laidoff and lots of people will starve... Very well done. I'm sure Neaderthal is happy.

Luckily we have other progressive candidates..., but conservatives working voters probably will believe more firmly that we don't need to raise min wage and get hours or jobs cut...

I'm almost certain the circular firing squad will end up allowing Trump to be reelected..., not because of his hateful rhetorics, but because the liberals were busy dragging each other down. We have the larger majority, but unfortunately we just don't know how to work together... unlike the hateful racists.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 21st, 2019 at 02:33 PM.

Spoiler:
    Well, if sanders campaign is turning a blind eye to this situation, I'd fully agree with you AND Neanderthal that we need to hold this hypocrite accountable. However, it is clear to the Post that they are in the middle of negotiations and can't really say much publically at the moment. Very appropriate timing don't you think?

Now the solution for the sanders campaign is to make sure people don't work too much OT, but now Fox News can equate sanders as any other big and greedy corporations or use the example to highlight the dangers of raising min wage... if you treat your employees too well, you'll end up with your work hours cut and some may get laidoff and lots of people will starve... Very well done. I'm sure Neaderthal is happy.

Luckily we have other progressive candidates..., but conservatives working voters probably will believe more firmly that we don't need to raise min wage and get hours or jobs cut...
    I'm almost certain the circular firing squad will end up allowing Trump to be reelected..., not because of his hateful rhetorics, but because the liberals were busy dragging each other down. We have the larger majority, but unfortunately we just don't know how to work together... unlike the hateful racists.
    Man, if only some people in the" liberal faction" had voted for the actual candidate vs some third party loon, or writing in a chimps name in the last presidential election.

Working together is not quite the same as telling people to fuck off you know?

I could’ve easily voted for her if she picked sanders or some other progressive as vp. But I felt she cared more about what wall st want than what I, or other Bernie supporters want. She had the attitude of not caring what the deplorables/progressives think. She knows best. Just trust her. Well, my trust level for Obama has dwindled, I saw no reason why I should trust her more.

Anyway, water under the bridge. My vote was meaningless either way. She had all of CAs electoral votes regardless of who I vote for.

2016 was the year of the antiestablishment candidate. Bernie should’ve been the one, not trump, certainly not Hillary.

I do believe Bernie has probably missed the train. 2020 is going to be quite another animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    If by lose you mean win.

Couldn't have said it better.

Spoiler:
    Working together is not quite the same as telling people to fuck off you know?

I could’ve easily voted for her if she picked sanders or some other progressive as vp. But I felt she cared more about what wall st want than what I, or other Bernie supporters want. She had the attitude of not caring what the deplorables/progressives think. She knows best. Just trust her. Well, my trust level for Obama has dwindled, I saw no reason why I should trust her more.

Anyway, water under the bridge. My vote was meaningless either way. She had all of CAs electoral votes regardless of who I vote for.

2016 was the year of the antiestablishment candidate. Bernie should’ve been the one, not trump, certainly not Hillary.

I do believe Bernie has probably missed the train. 2020 is going to be quite another animal.

I know for a fact i wasn't saying fuck off before you and your ilk decided to fuk the entire nation.