Page 1721 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 7211221162116711711171917201721172217231731177118212221 ... LastLast
Results 17,201 to 17,210 of 24728

Thread: Politics

Interesting read.

Is trump right that democrats are destroying their cities and states?

Well, not as dramatic as trump and republicans claimed, but for these mostly blue cities and states, should republicans be blamed for problems in LA for example?

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ates?_amp=true

Trump definitely should go but I’m really not that optimistic about our future under Biden. Hope he will surprise me by doing a better job than Obama... if not, then I hope Americans will finally realize both parties have forsaken the American people... and do something about it other than blaming it on the other side only...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 5th, 2020 at 10:55 PM.

Administrator
    That's always full of non-obvious intricacies. Large cities almost always tend to be democrat. Even in Texas, Hillary won in the counties that house Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin. Large cities also tend to have large city problems. So, almost any time a large city has a problem, then you can blame it on them democrats.

It also ignores all the big cities that *don't* have major problems.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; September 6th, 2020 at 02:34 PM.

For sure I don’t know all the intricacies nor all details of the other large cities in the US...

However, I think it should be safe to say that LAs problems were not caused by trump nor the republicans, right? Or am I missing some other intricacies?

Of course I’m not talking about natural disasters like fires, but social economic problems.

Of course 2, I don’t believe a republican mayor or governor will improve our situations much in CA...

Which is why I’m kinda depressed about our current situation...

It doesn’t matter who is in office, big city problems will only be solved when the society at large makes the problem a goal to solve.

Who is society at large?

The people?

Do we really have power over congress? Our local politicians?

If it doesn’t really matter who is in charge, how will we really increase voter turnout? Increase voter enthusiasm?

Anyway, even if each side enthusiastically support their candidate and we have 100% turnout..., if it doesn’t matter which side is in charge, then what the fuck are we doing?

Anyway2, I don’t believe for a second that a republican mayor and governor will solve CA’s problems, just venting under the hot weather...

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    If it doesn’t really matter who is in charge, how will we really increase voter turnout? Increase voter enthusiasm?
    For your first question: make voting compulsory.

For your second question: you can't ever solve that one, which is why you do the first one.

Junior Potato
    In my youth we Aussies used to joke that New Zealand was the eastern state of Australia.

This week, I've been changing that, and I;ve decided that I'd rather it if we were the western island of New Zealand.

Can we please make this happen?

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/09/ne...arving-twitch/

I will have a word with the people in charge ... but there's some pretty serious concerns about the amount of racism over on that there side of the ditch

Junior Potato
    Oh man. We are still struggling with it. 100% I work in a warehouse. We’ve been working with a guy who turned out to be gay.

A gay guy!

He was talk of the town… when he wasn’t there of course. Today he resigned (for unrelated reasons) and my co-worker said “I’m surprised, I’ve never worked with a guy guy before. He was really nice.”

How much fucking prejudice can a society spit out while also thinking that it doesn’t have a problem?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    That sounds like prison talk.
    acket.