Page 1625 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 6251125152515751615162316241625162616271635167517252125 ... LastLast
Results 16,241 to 16,250 of 24779

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I really wonder what Trump would do if he can't use twitter....start his own service that only his die-hard fans would join?
    It's called Fox News.

Another protest in Denver is planned for today starting at Noon. Today I'm several blocks away from where that's happening but in easy walking (or fleeing from police) distance. Hopefully I will have nothing to report and will be outta here long before anything crazy happens in the area.

Edited to remove something that could have been misunderstood.
    Last edited by George; May 29th, 2020 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I can kinda see why people are getting more and more pissed at the Minneapolis PD as this goes on...

https://twitter.com/stribrooks/statu...86985041022976

Not exactly the greatest de-escalation tactics going on there.
    Yeah, I think it’ll be hard to use the blue lives matter defense this time...

Yes, I can feel bad for the police risking their lives on a daily basis..., so I’m willing to cut them some slacks if they occasionally make mistakes, but this time it’s obviously too much.

Perhaps the stay at home orders are compromising people’s state of mind too. What has happened is truly tragic...

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Hey guys, if a Chinese ngo starts funding a US anti-racism organisation calling for equal treatment of all, then...
    Speaking of China, I still hate the CCP, but I’m beginning to wonder why am I in so much agreement with this former ms. canada...

She also immigrated to the west when she was a young teen like myself... were we indoctrinated by the west?

https://youtu.be/fFqg8ZNtUlc
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 29th, 2020 at 08:39 AM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Another protest in Denver is planned for today starting at Noon. Today I'm several blocks away from where that's happening but in easy walking (or fleeing from police) distance. Hopefully I will have nothing to report and will be outta here long before anything crazy happens in the area.

Edited to remove something that could have been misunderstood.
    Stay safe out there. I was reading something that some shots were fired at protestors yesterday, though from what I gather nobody was hit. We've had some demonstrations here but they're a good 9-10 miles away from where I'm at and they haven't been all that crazy - mostly people blocking freeways for a little while.

Derek Chauvin is in custody. Welcome news. Hopefully the people stand down now.

I hope so. Have heard helicopters constantly overhead for the last 45 minutes (it's 12:30 PM here; protest was to start at Noon).

I have to walk down the street in that direction to drop off a FedEx envelope. Thinking about going over toward the capitol to see what I can see. I probably would have gone already to observe from a safe distance except I have to actually get some work done today.

The protests should not stop until brown people can exist without having to deal with racism.

At least the violence should stop, peaceful protests no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Derek Chauvin is in custody. Welcome news. Hopefully the people stand down now.
    Arrest/custody don’t mean jack. LA riot erupted when officers were acquitted.

This particular officer has had a history of serious abuses like this one in the past in multiple states... decades of fucking with brown people career... and was acquitted every time!

I wonder who is backing up this guy.

Nation is on fire because of him for like 3 days and he is only now being arrested...